To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Gameweek 32 Transfer Debate/Poll

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

Who Gets the Chop!?

Poll ended at 08 Apr 2007, 11:51

Berbatov -> Adebayor
91%
McCarthy -> Mpenza
9%

Total votes: 11

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

The Gameweek 32 Transfer Debate/Poll

Post by Flyman »

Come on, folks! We need to pick up the pace! Let's be hearing you .... :D

Our team is here.

Poll will start on Wednesday.

Poll now open.
Last edited by Flyman on 05 Apr 2007, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Decision this week will depend on when we choose to play the WC.

Currently missing GW33:

Kenny - Is Hahnemann out injured?
Carvalho
Taylor
Ronaldo
Berbatov
Drogba
McCarthy

I suspect we'll see quite a few Berb :arrow: Adebayor as Spurs face Chelsea, miss a week and then host Arsenal in GW35. Bayo, on the other hand, has got (an admittedly resurgent) Wham this week, plays in GW33, then double GW34. Definitely gets my vote for starters :P

McCarthy :arrow: Mpenza is also likely to get mentioned but as Rovers have some tasty fixtures coming up (including Watford and Charlton at home), i'd be inclined to keep Bennie and ride the storm.

Perhaps Drog and Ronnie with the other two bench spots? And look to get a Liv defender for Carvalho for double GW34?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

krispdafunk wrote:
I suspect we'll see quite a few Berb :arrow: Adebayor as Spurs face Chelsea, miss a week and then host Arsenal in GW35. Bayo, on the other hand, has got (an admittedly resurgent) Wham this week, plays in GW33, then double GW34. Definitely gets my vote for starters :P
Nash0819 signalled his intention last week to propose this move. Adebayor's price is likely to increase this week before we buy,but presumably we can still afford him ?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

krispdafunk wrote:
Currently missing GW33:

Carvalho
Taylor
Ronaldo
Berbatov
Drogba
McCarthy
IRELAND didn't make the MCity squad last w/end either,so will he play ?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
krispdafunk wrote:
Currently missing GW33:

Carvalho
Taylor
Ronaldo
Berbatov
Drogba
McCarthy
IRELAND didn't make the MCity squad last w/end either,so will he play ?
Word is that Johnson (def) 3.7, is 'covering' for him .....
http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopi ... and#462116

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote: Word is that Johnson (def) 3.7, is 'covering' for him .....
Yes,I'd seen that Flyman,but I'm still not clear if Ireland's injured or just being "rested".

Ashley YOUNG's another possible absentee in GW33 - he went off injured after 42 minutes last night,and I can't find any info on the extent of his injury.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

grob wrote:Yes,I'd seen that Flyman,but I'm still not clear if Ireland's injured or just being "rested".
It's an odd one, more injury than rest and next week it may turn into more rest than injury. My best guess is that he will start one of the Easter games.
Last edited by snout on 03 Apr 2007, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
Flyman wrote: Word is that Johnson (def) 3.7, is 'covering' for him .....
Yes,I'd seen that Flyman,but I'm still not clear if Ireland's injured or just being "rested".

Ashley YOUNG's another possible absentee in GW33 - he went off injured after 42 minutes last night,and I can't find any info on the extent of his injury.
Infuriating, isn't it! :evil:

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

Young should be considered for a transfer just due to his poor form (esp if we are to use the wildcard)

Cant contribute any more than that at the moment :oops: as it is too late to be confusing my brain trying to figure it out (due to double GW's etc)

...I'll be back....

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Flyman wrote:
grob wrote:Ashley YOUNG's another possible absentee in GW33 - he went off injured after 42 minutes last night,and I can't find any info on the extent of his injury.
This took me approximately 10 seconds to find... http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 20,00.html - :lol:

Ashley Young faces a race against time to be fit for Saturday's trip to Blackburn Rovers. The England Under-21 international hobbled out of tonight's 1-1 draw with Everton minutes before the interval. Afterwards Martin O'Neill told www.avfc.co.uk: "He's got a dead-leg. He hobbled on, but I could see it wasn't going to improve, so we made the substitution just before half-time."
Last edited by snout on 03 Apr 2007, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Stick wrote:Young should be considered for a transfer just due to his poor form (esp if we are to use the wildcard)

Cant contribute any more than that at the moment :oops: as it is too late to be confusing my brain trying to figure it out (due to double GW's etc)

...I'll be back....
Stick: There is a thread here on how to propose using the Wildcard. Just because you are the latest addition to the Boardroom doesn't mean you've any less right to make a proposal, so should you see fit, go for it! :D

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

nash0819 wrote:
Flyman wrote:
grob wrote:Ashley YOUNG's another possible absentee in GW33 - he went off injured after 42 minutes last night,and I can't find any info on the extent of his injury.
This took me approximately 10 seconds to find... http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 20,00.html - :lol:

Ashley Young faces a race against time to be fit for Saturday's trip to Blackburn Rovers. The England Under-21 international hobbled out of tonight's 1-1 draw with Everton minutes before the interval. Afterwards Martin O'Neill told www.avfc.co.uk: "He's got a dead-leg. He hobbled on, but I could see it wasn't going to improve, so we made the substitution just before half-time."
Just for the record, I was refering to the Ireland/Johnson situation, as I have Ireland in my squad, too. I was just considering buying Johnson as well! :evil:

But thanks for the Young info., btw. :wink:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Stick wrote:Young should be considered for a transfer just due to his poor form (esp if we are to use the wildcard)

...I'll be back....
We only bought YOUNG last week Stick,on the recommendation of Reds363, the leader of the "Elite" pack,lying 27th of 1 and a quarter million FPL teams ! Mind you ,having said that, reds363 also nominated RONALDO as our Captain,but actually VOTED for DROGBA,and in his OWN team captained Nash0819's tip CARVALHO. However,Nash 0819 having nominated CARVALHO as our Captain, appointed RONALDO Captain of HIS own team ! :? :wink:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

nash0819 wrote:
Flyman wrote:
That's because you know where to look,Nash0819 ! :lol: I just looked in the Fiso injury threads(to see if Nash0819 had posted any news there,but he hadn't :wink: )and the Aston Villa Official website,which drew a blank.They must have added the update after I looked ! :wink:

Or perhaps I just didn't try hard enough, as I don't have him in my own team, and was searching only for the sake of our La Pub team.

Thanks for the info anyway Nash ! :wink:

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

grob wrote:We only bought YOUNG last week Stick,on the recommendation of Reds363, the leader of the "Elite" pack,lying 27th of 1 and a quarter million FPL teams ! Mind you ,having said that, reds363 also nominated RONALDO as our Captain,but actually VOTED for DROGBA,and in his OWN team captained Nash0819's tip CARVALHO. However,Nash 0819 having nominated CARVALHO as our Captain, appointed RONALDO Captain of HIS own team ! :? :wink:
I don't have Carvalue [quick look sideways to make sure DD isn't watching] so I couldn't captain him. :wink:

P.S. Sounds like H'man will be fit for the weekend now.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Since his assult on La Republica's 'Team Strip Polls' back in July, when Dixie orchistrated the TFFers into voting en masse for our lovely red socks, La Pubby has been a 'DFZ', that is a Dixie-Free Zone.

It's not that he's banned, he just doesn't have the nerve to show his face around these parts. :wink:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

nash0819 wrote:
grob wrote:We only bought YOUNG last week Stick,on the recommendation of Reds363, the leader of the "Elite" pack,lying 27th of 1 and a quarter million FPL teams ! Mind you ,having said that, reds363 also nominated RONALDO as our Captain,but actually VOTED for DROGBA,and in his OWN team captained Nash0819's tip CARVALHO. However,Nash 0819 having nominated CARVALHO as our Captain, appointed RONALDO Captain of HIS own team ! :? :wink:
I don't have Carvalue [quick look sideways to make sure DD isn't watching] so I couldn't captain him. :wink:
Well,I'm slightly disappointed to hear that,Nash0819,as having spotted reds363's bluff, I was hugely impressed by your brilliant "double bluff" :lol:

Now,if only you conformed,and installed a "dandg" button under your posts, I wouldn't have fallen into that trap :wink:

To add further spice to the plot,if reds363 had captained his own nominee RONALDO, instead of YOUR nominee, he'd have got 3 pts more, which might almost,but not quite,have been enough to keep him in the FPL Cup !
Let's hope that 3 pts doesn't prove decisive in the overall final countdown :wink:
Last edited by grob on 04 Apr 2007, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:Since his assult on La Republica's 'Team Strip Polls' back in July, when Dixie orchistrated the TFFers into voting en masse for our lovely red socks, La Pubby has been a 'DFZ', that is a Dixie-Free Zone.
It's not that he's banned, he just doesn't have the nerve to show his face around these parts. :wink:
Well,as I wasn't on the scene when this "red socks" fire raged last Summer, I'd assumed it was more a case of him keeping a safe distance from the 293 of us he'd had rounded up and overseen a hot "r.i.p." branding iron being applied to our rumps, whilst we snorted and stamped our feet in protest ! :wink:

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

krispdafunk wrote:I suspect we'll see quite a few Berb :arrow: Adebayor as Spurs face Chelsea, miss a week and then host Arsenal in GW35. Bayo, on the other hand, has got (an admittedly resurgent) Wham this week, plays in GW33, then double GW34. Definitely gets my vote for starters :P
Snap - I concur with Berb out for Adebayor

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

sligorover wrote: Snap - I concur with Berb out for Adebayor
I estimate we'll get 8.5 for Berb,so providing Ade doesn't move up more than 0.1 from his present cost of 8.4 we'll be OK;we've no cash left now.

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

grob wrote:
I estimate we'll get 8.5 for Berb,so providing Ade doesn't move up more than 0.1 from his present cost of 8.4 we'll be OK;we've no cash left now.
Copying from http://crackthecode.awardspace.co.uk/

Code: Select all

Percent NTI	Target NTI	Cost	 Name	    Team	  NTI Since this morning

43.4%	4010	9237	     £8.4m	Adebayor	Arsenal	292 (3.2%)
10.7%	-1978 -18473	    £8.7m	Berbatov	Tottenham -476 (2.6%)
Looks like no price changes for either player tonight and that's what matters for us since we would be buying him on Friday

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

grob wrote:
Copying from http://crackthecode.awardspace.co.uk/

Code: Select all

Percent NTI	Target NTI	Cost	 Name	    Team	  NTI Since this morning

43.4%	4010	9237	     £8.4m	Adebayor	Arsenal	292 (3.2%)
10.7%	-1978 -18473	    £8.7m	Berbatov	Tottenham -476 (2.6%)
Looks like no price changes for either player tonight; we can double check how it's going tomorrow and that's what matters for us since we would be doing the deal on Friday

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll now open untill 3 pm Friday.

Stick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stick »

grob wrote:
We only bought YOUNG last week Stick
didnt realise this was the case, I wouldnt have voted for this transfer in(even though I have him in my own team :) ), I will pay more attention and voice my opinion in the future.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Stick wrote:
grob wrote:
didnt realise this was the case, I wouldnt have voted for this transfer in(even though I have him in my own team :) ), I will pay more attention and voice my opinion in the future.
Don't worry, mate. It's not the first time a newly bought player has been asked to leave the following week. :lol:

It's a shame you've joined us so late in the season, really. There's a bunch of us stalwarts seeing this thing out, but at the start of the season it was a bit livelier in here.
Still, you'll probably get to see the Wildcard played, at which point you, like all of us, can suggest our own changes, too. Should be fun! :D

Stick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stick »

I would go for mcCarthy to Mpenza, Mpenza has had a few reasonably good scoring weeks so Im going to back his form.

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Can I vote for both?!? :lol:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Stick wrote:
grob wrote:
Actually Stick,I didn't vote for YOUNG either,as I just knew he'd get a dead leg in his very next game ! :wink:

I've just called in to see if Flyman's put the GW33 options up,as with many going away tomorrow for Easter,and the deadline being Monday a.m, there may not be many of us around to propose/vote in time ?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
Stick wrote:
grob wrote:
Actually Stick,I didn't vote for YOUNG either,as I just knew he'd get a dead leg in his very next game ! :wink:

I've just called in to see if Flyman's put the GW33 options up,as with many going away tomorrow for Easter,and the deadline being Monday a.m, there may not be many of us around to propose/vote in time ?
Ok, will do.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Gotta be Berbatov -> Adebayor, in the next 3 GWs, he has 4 matches (3 of them at home) vs 2 for Berbatov.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”