To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Gameweek 28 Transfer Debate.

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

And this week's transfer will be ...?

Poll ended at 25 Feb 2007, 11:52

Kirkland -> Kenny
36%
Kirkland -> Filan
9%
Agger -> Armstrong
No votes
Agger -> Cahill (AV)
No votes
Agger -> Trabelsi
No votes
Clichy -> Huddlestone
9%
Bentley -> S Quinn
9%
Clichy -> Mariappa
No votes
Bridge -> Mariappa
18%
Bridge -> Mariappa & GW29 Bentley -> Ireland/Drogba -> Henry
18%

Total votes: 11

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

The Gameweek 28 Transfer Debate.

Post by Flyman »

Whilst Gameweek 27 is still running, I thought it best to start the transfer debate now.
I'll start the poll on Wednesday evening.

So, ladies and gents ..... Who stays? Who goes? Your proposals for the boot, please.

Our team is here.

Please note, we have 2 AR and 2 CH players absent this week.
'B&B' proposals will be accepted, of course.

Poll now open until midnight Friday.
Last edited by Flyman on 22 Feb 2007, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

Well the obvious suggestion would be one from the four of Bridge, Clichy, Fabregas and Drogba. But to be honest, I don't think there is much to gain ditching any of the four this week looking at the fixtures. Possibly Drogba for a Liverpool or Utd forward, but I don't like that tbh and we will lose money to buy him back.

So instead how about taking the fact that we'd only have 10 players on the chin and selling the injured Kirkland for Kenny? Sheff Utd have a decent finish to the season and he is cheaper than the injured Kirkland. Or another option is to go with the Wigan replacement Filan for only 3.7?

Or if the long term plan is to try for Henry, then how about this bold plan. Sell Agger for Armstrong of Sheffield Utd. Personally, I think that the Liverpool clean sheets might be in trouble when you look at the fixtures they have coming up. Sheffield Utd have it easier than most and are ok at home. Armstrong was also playing as a winger earlier in the season but I think that Quinn has stopped that. The sale of Agger will net us 2.9 million and with the 11.7 we would get for Drogba, we would have plenty to spare to get in Henry for his doubler. There are plenty of other cheap defender alternatives available. This would leave us with a back four of Arsenal, Chelsea, Reading and Everton. Pretty strong I feel and we have plenty of strength in depth with Henry in the team. 8-)

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

I think the removal of Agger would be a good way of getting the 2m required for Henry,

But how about for a cheapy with a double coming up?

Cahill AV

Tabioski MC?

MD

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

What I'm planning in my team is Clichy :arrow: Pamarot (or equivalent if if he's not going to be a regular again) and Drogba :arrow: Henry. I think we have enough cash to do that. No proposal as yet, just thought I'd throw it up in the air for shooting down. :)

[edit] Confirmation that I have withdrawn this idea.
Last edited by snout on 21 Feb 2007, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

nash0819 wrote:What I'm planning in my team is Clichy :arrow: Pamarot (or equivalent if if he's not going to be a regular again) and Drogba :arrow: Henry. I think we have enough cash to do that. No proposal as yet, just thought I'd throw it up in the air for shooting down. :)
I do not see why Clichy should lose his place? I also do not think Pompey have a very good run in and would steer well clear of their defence!!

MD

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

uppompei wrote:
nash0819 wrote:What I'm planning in my team is Clichy :arrow: Pamarot (or equivalent if if he's not going to be a regular again) and Drogba :arrow: Henry. I think we have enough cash to do that. No proposal as yet, just thought I'd throw it up in the air for shooting down. :)
I do not see why Clichy should lose his place? I also do not think Pompey have a very good run in and would steer well clear of their defence!!

MD
Clichy is a massive under-performer who is not value for money. He never assists, gets boni or scores and we would never in a million years consider captaining him.

Fair point about Pompey's fixtures but I can see a few CS's in there and we wouldn't play him every week.

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

nash0819 wrote:Clichy is a massive under-performer who is not value for money. He never assists, gets boni or scores and we would never in a million years consider captaining him.
But apart from that you like him?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

uppompei wrote:
nash0819 wrote:Clichy is a massive under-performer who is not value for money. He never assists, gets boni or scores and we would never in a million years consider captaining him.
But apart from that you like him?
:lol:

It doesn't mean he's not a nice person. :?

:wink:

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

my thoughts are

option 1:

The exciting, controversial and exciting option
Sell clichy for any much cheaper defender playing in gw28 that will get 2pts with a chance of 6. Step up Tom Huddlestone the misplaced spurs defender at home to bolton. 11 players on pitch GW28 plus cash in bank. Then in GW29 bring in another Ars or chel player with spare cash for that doubler. Aggers at home to man utd in GW 29 so we could sell him for a chelsea defender or sell bentley for gilberto etc

option 2:

The sensible, clinical, effecient option
As shawpower already says says replace kirkland for kenny. A bit of spring cleaning. Only 10 players on grass on GW28 though.[/b]

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

uppompei wrote:I think the removal of Agger would be a good way of getting the 2m required for Henry
Apart from GW29&31, Liverpool's fixtures aren't all that bad. However, conceeding two at Newcastle wasn't much fun - definately one way to free up the required $$$'s for TH. Would it weaken our midfield too much to consider Bentley :arrow: S.Quinn (SU)? This would free up a similar amount. Its nice to see at least one red shirt :lol: plus Liverpool tradionally have a strong finish to season 8-)
uppompei wrote:But how about for a cheapy with a double coming up?

Cahill AV

Tabioski MC?
I'm also considering introducing a MC cheapy for the double. However, Trabelsi missed this week - was that knocked or dropped? MC have new signings Sun (3.6) and Ball (4) to consider - both getting a full run out against Pompey. Bare in mind that half of MC's double is against Chelsea, while Villa face Arsenal :?

An alternative to Henry :shock: ... Keep DD then Anelka :arrow: Adebayor for GW29?

EDIT: My vote this week is prob spring clean Kirky

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Been looking at the "sell Clichy for a cheapy to get Henry back" option and I reckon the finances are pretty tight. I estimate that we would have to buy a 3.7m or less player, with Henry at his current price.

[Based on Drogba being sold for 11.7 (bought at 11.5, currently 11.9) and 14.2 required for Henry, the difference being 2.5m. Take that off the 5.9m we would get for Clichy gives 3.4m. Add 0.3m in the bank to get my 3.7m total.]

Despite a rather bumpy GW31 and 32, I reckon that WAT and RDG fixtures dovetail quite nicely. Mariappa fits the bill as playing 90 minutes every week and costs 3.5m, giving us 0.2m leeway.

Thus I propose: Clichy :arrow: Mariappa, with a view (but no committment) to Drogba :arrow: Henry next week.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Last orders, please. :)

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

I've read on the FPL W Bridge thread that A Cole is making a swift recovery from his strained knee ligament.
In view of this fact and the implicit possibility that Bridge may not play both GW29 matches and misses this GW I suggest we off him now.

I'm not fussed about getting Henry in. I'd like to see us gamble against getting him and carry a stronger squad overall. Still, I'll suggest something that will add 0.5 to the kitty, plus a nifty double for next week.

Bridge -> Mariappa
or
GW28 Bridge -> Mariappa GW29 Bentley -> Ireland & Drogba -> Henry. Bank 0.1.

To clarify: This second part of this proposal will be bought as soon as the Gameweek 29 starts to ensure price rises don't interfere.

I think Ireland at 4.6 with a double in GW29 is an excellent prospect. His current form is very good and unless carded will get us the -4 points back - at least. Also, MC have a good run in and should be fighting for wins.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll now open until midnight, Friday.

Please note: A Cole played an hour this week, so Bridge may be out sooner than we'd wish.

Also, Cahill & Trabelsi don't play this week, but Agger does. Just struck me as an odd proposal when we are already thin on the ground.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll ended. Kirkland -> Kenny it is.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Its tight ... Bridge :arrow: Mariappa also got four votes :?

Viva La Pub, Viva La Wildcard :D

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

krispdafunk wrote:Its tight ... Bridge :arrow: Mariappa also got four votes :?

Regretably, Bridge -> Mariappa only had 2 votes at 12:30 am this morning. The polls closed at midnight Friday, as stated.
In the end, I didn't bother voting as Kenny had 4 at the time, but had I voted it would have been for Bridge out. :(

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:

Regretably, Bridge -> Mariappa only had 2 votes at 12:30 am this morning. The polls closed at midnight Friday, as stated.
In the end, I didn't bother voting as Kenny had 4 at the time, but had I voted it would have been for Bridge out. :(
It would not have made any difference to the outcome though,would it ?
Bridge>Mariappa only had 2,so if you'd voted for this option=3 versus 4 for the winning Kirkland > Kenny motion ?
Surely krispdafunk is wrong in stating that Bridge>Mariappa got 4 votes ?

The relevance of my question to future polls is to clarify if krispadafunk's interpretation is incorrect, as if so it highlights the consideration anyone proposing a combo alternative, as in this case,should give before doing so.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
Flyman wrote:

Bridge>Mariappa only had 2,so if you'd voted for this option=3 versus 4 for the winning Kirkland > Kenny motion ?

The relevance of my question to future polls is to clarify if krispadafunk's interpretation is incorrect, as if so it highlights the consideration anyone proposing a combo alternative, as in this case,should give before doing so.
Oh, dear. :(
krispdafunk is in fact correct. It is I who was wrong as, as a rule at La Republica, votes for an individual are accumulative.
Had I not had a wee drinky that night I might have noticed that, indeed, Kenny and Mariappa were both on 4 vote (4 & [2+2]). I could then have made my vote the deciding one.
I can only state that it would have been for one of the Bridge Out options, both of which I had proposed. :oops:
Obviously, then, my error was yet another in the litany of honest mistakes I've made this season.

Thankfully, Mariappa would only have brought us 1 point and, with news of TH's latest injury we may wish to think twice about bringing him in next week .....

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
Flyman wrote:

Oh, dear. :(
krispdafunk is, in fact, correct. It is I who was wrong as, as a rule at La Republica, votes for an individual are accumulative.
Had I not had a wee drinky that night I might have noticed that, indeed, Kenny and Mariappa were both on 4 vote (4 & [2+2]). I could then have made my vote the deciding one.
I can only state that it would have been for one of the Bridge Out options, both of which I had proposed. :oops:
Obviously, then, my error was yet another in the litany of honest mistakes I've made this season.

Thankfully, Mariappa would only have brought us 1 point and, with news of TH's latest injury we may wish to think twice about bringing him in next week anyway .....

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Thanks for clearing that point up,Flyman,though there was really no need to apologise twice over ! Anyone unhappy at your tipsy error can always volunteer to take your place in staying up/sober until after the midnight deadline- I somehow doubt there would be a great rush ! :lol:

Also,as you say,Mariappa's 1 point was no great loss to us,especially as he earned it at home to Everton,and we would have lost far more points earned by Lescott & Arteta presumably,had Watford kept a clean sheet & won

Besides,I suspect that krispdafunk's plotting a wildcard proposal anyway !

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”