To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Membership Applications

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

New Membership Applications

Post by Flyman »

Fellow Members!
We have strangers knocking at our door!

Since we officially became a Private Club on Saturday, 19th Aug, 2006, I have received two applications for membership and admission to the Boardroom.

I need to seek your opinion on the matter:

Should membership now be closed?
Should all new applicants be immediately accepted?
Should there be some condition for admission, like a minimum number of (valid) FISO forum posts?
Should all new applicants require a current member (or two) to support their admission?
Any other suggestions?

Your views, please .....

(P.S. I'm away on holiday this week. Would some kind soul move this issue to the polls, preferably to be resolved by GW 3. Thanks.)

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I think we should welcome them as long as they have demonstrated an interest in the game by a decent number of posts on the FPL forum.

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

I was going to suggest that new members must have at least as many posts on the FPL board as our least contributor (by posts, not content). I'm almost sure that's sdhough with five (six overall). So that's not much of a criteria.

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

Tell them to post a picture and I’ll decide….. (I’m spending far too long on here :oops: )

No seriously, as long as they have a team in the Elite and are posting on here then I suppose you can’t really exclude them.

redrum
Grumpy Old Man
Location: for 24 years I've been living next door to Alice ...
FS Record: stuck

Post by redrum »

admission is one thing .... what about an initiation ritual !? 8-)

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

In my role as moderator I thought I ought to inform our applicants of the situation:

Flyman wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your interest in La Republica del FISO and your application for membership of the Board.

Regretably, your application reached us after the cut-off date for Open Membership - 19/08/06.

The Membership are currently debating the issue of 'Post-deadline Manager Admission' and expect to have reached an agreement on policy by Gameweek 3.

I will write to you in the near future to inform you of their decision.

Kind regards,
Flyman.
Five long bones replied by pm:
Cheers Flyman, I understand the deadline thing and thought I would post a quick reply, as you are certainly aware I am new to the forum, and as of the W/C comp new to online FF but found the debate on La Republica team selection and the Knowledge of all, well almost all, participents utterly facinating and may I add extremely helpfull in picking players for my work league. I have discovered that a simple rivalry between workmates quickly develops swiftly into me and my team of heros against the rest of the FF nation. I would love to follow the debate and when a little more sure of my own skill as a FF Mgr offer a small contribution to the progress of La Republica Del FISO, I hope you will seriously consider my application

Regards

Five Long Bones
I especially like the,
all, well almost all,
bit best. :lol:

He is in the Elite but to date has made but one post.
I'll encourage him to make more, eh? :wink:

And I repeat:
(P.S. I'm away on holiday this week. Would some kind soul move this issue to the polls, preferably to be resolved by GW 3. Thanks.)
Any chance someone can set my mind at reast that this'll happen?
Cheers, all.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Flyman wrote: Any chance someone can set my mind at rest that this'll happen?
Cheers, all.
It will happen if we come up with some more suggestions. Thus far there's only two concrete proposals; Cherylhoney's and mine. Neither of them are particularly stringent. On the one hand, we are all amateurs and the democratic and Corinithian spirit should prevail. Five Long Bones' enthusiasm must be commended. On the other, I don't really see the point in bringing in someone who not only hasn't contributed anything to FISO but won't - by his own admission - have anything to contribute. In September last year I knew almost nothing of fantasy football, but I have learned and now can make an informed judgement. I say we should let this learning process take place. Either we continue to have de facto open membership, or we have some conditions for membership, or membership is closed.

I favour some conditions for membership, but therein lieth a problem. Such conditions must be based on posts rather than length of FISO membership for the simple reason that long-term members of FISO could have joined during Open Membership. Any long-term members joining now must face some sort of criteria. They will have to be more stringent than the criteria met by the existing members. Should the criteria be solely quantitative, i.e. based on total posts, or total posts on the FPL forum or include some form of qualitative measure? If so, how do we objectively measure a prospective member's posts?

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Sorry.. I keep forgetting about this private forum. I think we need to see more contribution from the person(s) concerned in the main FPL room before we allow new members in. I don't believe we should just close membership full-stop - although there is one lady present I understand, so.... :twisted:

If this chap, however, was referring to me in his "almost all" comment - he can clear off! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

I suggest we set a minimum of 10 FISO posts within the previous 4 weeks. This is easy to check and (as it's me who will be checking) I don't mind doing so.
Can someone move this to a poll tonight or tomorrow, please? 4 day poll will be fine with all suggestions above included.
Cheers folks!

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

I suggest we set a minimum of 10 posts on the fpl section within the previous four weeks, but that those posts should all be meaningful (i.e. more than one or two words).

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

M-boy wrote:I suggest we set a minimum of 10 posts on the fpl section within the previous four weeks, but that those posts should all be meaningful (i.e. more than one or two words).
I agree :wink:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

cherylhoney wrote:
M-boy wrote:I suggest we set a minimum of 10 posts on the fpl section within the previous four weeks, but that those posts should all be meaningful (i.e. more than one or two words).
I agree :wink:
Thanks :D. The poll is on its way, just as soon as I can work out how to write it.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

redrum wrote:admission is one thing .... what about an initiation ritual !? 8-)
it must be more extreme than the premleague.com usergroup initiation ceremony, seriously. this is the inner ring of the elite! the grand poo-bah of ff.

oh, and i posted on the poll thread re the new toast racks! :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

An apology/excuse from Dronning Maud Land (received by pm):
Dear Flyman,

I await your verdict with bated breath... I hope that you and your learned colleagues would accept as mitigation the fact that I belong to a small but fervent cult, members of which refuse to recognise the apostasy that is the Gregorian calendar and instead follow a slight modification, the Dave Gregorian calendar, named in honour of the fleet-footed and lank-haired Pompey winger of yesteryear Dave Gregory. Although very similar to the solar calendar that is generally used, there is a variance of between 2 and 2.7 days per month. Unfortunately for me, I didn't adjust my timekeeping to yours, which meant that while my application was actually submitted on the 19th August DGC, it was a teensy bit late as far as you were concerned.

I'm sure you must be fed up with people using this same old excuse, but if you could soften your heart...

Cheers,

Tom.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

Flyman wrote:An apology/excuse from Dronning Maud Land (received by pm):
Dear Flyman,

I await your verdict with bated breath... I hope that you and your learned colleagues would accept as mitigation the fact that I belong to a small but fervent cult, members of which refuse to recognise the apostasy that is the Gregorian calendar and instead follow a slight modification, the Dave Gregorian calendar, named in honour of the fleet-footed and lank-haired Pompey winger of yesteryear Dave Gregory. Although very similar to the solar calendar that is generally used, there is a variance of between 2 and 2.7 days per month. Unfortunately for me, I didn't adjust my timekeeping to yours, which meant that while my application was actually submitted on the 19th August DGC, it was a teensy bit late as far as you were concerned.

I'm sure you must be fed up with people using this same old excuse, but if you could soften your heart...

Cheers,

Tom.
well, that's just pathetic really, dave gregory or dave hedgehog cult indeed, he missed our deadline and that's enough for me i reckon.
:) nuh, let him in, i suppose. if, he meets with the min. post requirement & meaningful posts & gets our approval, and if you want to.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

The result of the New Admissions poll was that applicants should have made a minimum of 20 cogent posts within the past 6 weeks.

Those who have gained entry are:
switters
nash0819
alex123

Those who's council was rejected were:
Dronning maud land
Five long bones
maddocio

Welcome, switters, nash0819 and alex123.

switters
FISOhead

Post by switters »

Well thank you good sirs ...

Very glad I didn't have to resort to grovelling! :wink:

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Thought I was on board from day one then realised the forum had gone very quiet. Must have missed some application form.

Right, is Henry coming back this week?

amshimself
Grumpy Old Man

Post by amshimself »

Yeah man cheers. In case you're getting confused I'm the artist formerly known as alex123

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

amshimself wrote:Yeah man cheers. In case you're getting confused I'm the artist formerly known as alex123
Welcome to the Boardroom, mate. It's a quiet week, natch, but have a wander around. The 'History' forum will give you some idea of where we've come from and how we work. Any questions, just ask.

amshimself
Grumpy Old Man

Post by amshimself »

FISO in general is a bit quiet this week but will surely get busier by next Saturday?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

amshimself wrote:FISO in general is a bit quiet this week but will surely get busier by next Saturday?
Yes.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Please welcome our latest member to La Republica del FISO - krispdafunk. :D

amshimself
Grumpy Old Man

Post by amshimself »

Why hello Monsieur Dafunk.

shawpower
Grumpy Old Man

Post by shawpower »

Flyman wrote:Those who's council was rejected were:
Dronning maud land
Five long bones
maddocio
I know this is way late, and the chap might not have posted again, but I thought his Gregorian bit was excellant. Has he passed the criteria at this stage? If so I reckon we offer him a membership?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

shawpower wrote:
Flyman wrote:Those who's council was rejected were:
Dronning maud land
Five long bones
maddocio
I know this is way late, and the chap might not have posted again, but I thought his Gregorian bit was excellant. Has he passed the criteria at this stage? If so I reckon we offer him a membership?
Sadly he's still only made 11 posts, but he was very nice about his rejection letter.

Maddocio, however, has yet to pick up his, from the 26th August. Or the follow up I sent. Or the two 'Maddocio - pick up your pms!" I posted when I saw him online here ....... :roll: :lol:

For the record, having appreciated kispdafunk's posts on the FPL forum I suggested by pm that he apply to join us. We are bound to loose members as the season progresses and currently have very little 'advertising' out there to attract new managers. I suggest that all members keep their eyes open for other suitable managers and, once they are eligable, pm them with an invite to apply.

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Cheers Flyman,

Still very much learning, so don't take my word as gospal ... yet :roll: . I've appreciated all support offered on FPL Forum - cheers lads! Glad to be part of La Republica

K

amshimself
Grumpy Old Man

Post by amshimself »

That MissinBiscan is quite active at the moment on the FPL forum

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

i rather liked the font that black horse chappy was using.
could we get him? :D

and, welcome krispdafunk & amshimself.
viva la republica. :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Maddocio, whose application for membership of the Board was rejected due to lack of posts has now surpassed the necessary requirement and his posts are of a reasonable standard.

I'd like to invite him to join. Will anyone second my proposal?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”