To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISODAS: How To Play (Rules & Guidlines)

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

FISODAS: How To Play (Rules & Guidlines)

Post by Jester »

First and foremost the game should be fun to play. I have tried to keep the rules as straightforward as possible, and hope they are easier to follow than before. Let me know if anything needs amending, but please keep this thread clear so that it remains easy to navigate.

FISODAS
Defenders Against Strikers

Rules & Guidelines:

CHOSING YOUR TEAM

Every week I will provide a list of defences and a list of players from which you must make your selections. You must:

1. Select a block defence
2. Select five ‘strikers’ but only one from any single club
3. Your third highest valued striker will become your captain and will score double
4. You have a maximum budget of £20m (or £25m if you play your Chairman’s Bonus)

Entry is normally via the Widget - a guide to using this can be found HERE

You can make your selections at any time during the week and then amend them as often as required.
The cut-off time for final entry is midnight on the Friday.

If for any reason you cannot use the widget, entries can be sent by email or PM (links for both can be found under my profile snapshot on any of my posts).
If entering this way please format your entry as follows:

Your User Name - Week X:

West Ham
Nunez (LIV)
Sterling (CHE)
Saka (ARS)
Bowen (WHM)
Solanke (BOU)

If you use a Bonus:
Add 'DS' 'CB' of 'SOF' below your selections.
For SOF include the name of the striker taking on this bonus.

Anyone whose entry is invalid will suffer the following penalties:

Over budget = Lose highest valued players until within budget. Captain will not score double
Two from one team = Lose highest valued of the players concerned. Captain will not score double
Select a player not available = Lose that player and captain will not score double.

If a player fails to enter in any given week:

The player concerned will score zero points in the week he no-shows and will be awarded a 0-5 loss.
In the event the random team manages a win, the no-showing player will not benefit from the positive goal difference.

His opponent's score will be determined thus:

The no-show will be a randomly selected team that will still give the no-show's opponent 'a game!'

His opponent can still win, draw or lose the match. (If he loses, both players 'lose')

If a player misses more than two weeks in a season he will be expelled from the game at the end of the season and need to reapply to join the Conference in the following season. He may return and enter selections later in the season in which he no-shows.

The no-show will lose bonuses (if any remain) as follows:
First week missed - bonuses unaffected
Second and each successive week missed - one bonus is lost in the order: SOF, DS, CB

New rules implemented by ff in season 28:

1. No-Shows
A no-showing player will always be credited with losing the match 5-0 (this is for ease of admin, and so they always take a goal difference hit even if the Randoms perform well!) Their opponents’ result will continue to be based on their score against the Randoms.

2. Invalid Entries
A team that does not contain a valid defence and at least three valid strikers (after penalties have been applied) will not be classed as an entry, and no-show rules will apply. This is to avoid the “5x top striker plus top defence” accidental entry scenario we had once last season!

3. Late Entries
While I aim to give people a bit of breathing space in terms of entering late (after midnight Friday) but before I publish the team line-ups (not before 10am Sat), to make sure people get a genuine game, it does seem to happen increasingly often so thought I would create a clear set of rules.
1st late entry: "Yellow card" - no penalty
2nd late entry: Penalty of captain not scoring double
3rd and subsequent late entry: Treated as a no-show, usual rules apply.
Any entry received after I post the team lists will be ignored and treated as a no-show.

(the above under consideration for season 33 onwards - placing here to keep all in one place)

At the end of each season any retirees will be replaced on a first come first served basis. Any FISO member, including those omitted due to missing more than two games in the previous season, can apply. New players will always start in the lowest league.

All selections will be posted before first kick-off of the week. Please make sure you check these and let me know of any errors as soon as possible.

Results will be posted shortly after the last game of the week has finished. Please check your result and inform me directly if you think an error has been made.

SCORING

1. For every goal your defence concedes you score -1 (two goals = -2 etc)
2. For every goal your strikers score you score +1 (three goals = +3 etc)
3. Every goal your captain scores will be doubled (1 goal = +2, 2 = +4 etc)

OBJECT OF THE GAME

The object of the game is for your strikers to outscore your defenders.

Example of scoring:- If your strikers score 3, and your defence lets in 1, your overall score for the week is 2 (3 minus 1). If your defence lets in zero and your strikers score zero, your score is nil. If your defence lets in 3 and you strikers score 1, your score will be –2 (1 minus 3)

Each week you will compete in a match against another Forum member

The result of each match will be determined by each player’s individual scores.
Eg. If your net score is –2 and your opponent’s is +1, you lose 3-0.

A draw is a draw, regardless of number of goals scored.
Eg. Your defence lets in 3 and your strikers score 3, your score is nil.
Your opponent’s defence lets in 0 but his strikers score 0, his score is nil
The match score is therefore 0-0
Your ‘goals for’ is nil (NOT 3)

Points are awarded as follows:

Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Lose = 0 points

There are five leagues each comprising ten players.
A season runs for nine weeks.
At the end of a season, if points and goal difference are level then places will be decided as follows:-

a/ The highest total goals scored ‘for’
b/ The highest goals scored by your strikers in one single game
c/ The highest amount of clean sheets
d/ The winner of the match between the two (if only two involved)
e/ The manager who has entered his team the earliest in the final game.

There will be promotion / relegation at the end of each season based on two up, two down plus a play off between the 3rd placed team in the promoting league versus the 8th in the relegating league. (Therefore 3 teams up, 3 teams down).
Play-off places will be decided after red cards and known retirements are taken into consideration.
Where more than one manager leaves a particular league, the play-off may involve the highest teams left in the league below after automatic promotion has been taken into account, in order to decide who else goes up, rather than one team from each of the leagues involved.
The play-offs will be settled as per the rules for 'FISODAS Cup' games.

Bonuses and immunity

Each season you will have three bonuses available:

Chairman’s bonus (CB)
Defence support (DS)
Striker on fire (SOF)

You can only use one bonus per week.
(Bonuses are only valid in weeks 1 to 9)

Chairman’s bonus
Each manager will be given an extra 5m to spend. This must be used all in one go, therefore it can only be used in one of your 9 matches (not play offs). It is up to you when (if) you spend your chairman’s bonus. You can use it to strengthen your defence or one or all of your strikers. You must clearly state in your email to me, whether you are using your chairman’s bonus or not. If you do not do so and your team goes over budget you will be subject to the normal penalty.

Defence support
Each manager will have the opportunity to strengthen his defence. In one of the 9 games (not play offs) he can request for his defence to be strengthened. The defence will be strengthened by eliminating one goal that may be scored against it in that particular week. If no goals are conceded then no goals will be eliminated, but the support option will still have been used up. The manager must make it clear in his email to me if they want to use their "Defence Support" by typing in "DS" next to the chosen defence.

Striker on fire
Each manager will have the opportunity to strengthen his scoring capability. In one of the 9 games (not play offs), the manager can nominate a striker who will score double for each goal scored, eg If he scores a hat trick, his score will increase to 6! The manager must make it clear in his email to me if he wants to use "Striker on fire". The abbreviation "SOF" against the chosen strikers name must be used to confirm your striker. You cannot use SOF for your club captain.

If a bonus is used incorrectly:

CB used when not available - As per rule for going over budget. Highest priced players omitted until within budget and captain does not score double. Bonus is retained for use in a future week.
DS & SOF: If already used or you're against a player with immunity, they will simply be ignored.
SOF (S33 update): If used on a player who is subsequently removed from your team due to other rules (eg two from same team, over budget etc) bonus will be ignored. Similarly, if CB is used but a player is subsequently dropped due to other rules - should this reduce the team value to 20m or below, the CB is retained.
[Ignored = retained and available to use in future weeks]

Bonus penalisation
If your team loses a match when using a bonus, and your opponent does not use a bonus, the opponent will score an extra goal. Example: If you lose 1-0 the score will become 2-0.
This rule does not apply to cup games, after all a win is a win is a win!

Immunity.
In weeks 2-9 of a season, the leader of each league will gain immunity from bonuses. If two or more players are tied in the lead, both will gain immunity. If you cannot use a bonus due to this rule, it will apply in any cup game in the same week as well.
There is no bonus immunity in week 1 of any new season.

Postponed games.
A postponed game is not the fault of FISODAS managers.
If SOF is used on a striker whose game is called off, the bonus will be returned for use in another week.
If DS is used on a team and the game is called off, the team (defence) scores -1 and the bonus is returned for use in another week
If CB is used and the defence or any strikers do not play because of postponement, the selection stands and the bonus is lost.

FISODAS Cup

Each season will see a Cup competition run alongside normal fixtures.
Matches will be drawn randomly and fixtures posted on a separate thread.
Players are not required to do anything differently as their weekly selections will be used for both the League and the Cup.

All results in the Cup are for 90 minutes only. They do not include extra time or penalties.

In the event of a draw, there will be no replay. The outcome will be decided by:

1. The team that has scored the most goals. (Captain's goals are doubled as per usual game rules)

2. The team that has cost the least.

3. The team that has been entered first.

Other terms and conditions:
1. Postponed matches. If more than 50% of the games are called off, or if 50% of FISODAS managers are unable to enter then the week in question will be cancelled and the week number moved to the following week. Any persons selecting a defence where the match is subsequently called off will score minus one for their defensive block and as normal for their strikers, if the week in question does go ahead.

2. If a match is abandoned during play the following will apply:

i) If the match is to be replayed, it will be treated in this game as a Postponed Match and rule 1. will apply.
ii) If the game is not to be replayed, the result stands as it was at the time it was abandoned.
iii) When a decision whether or not to replay a game is not made within the FISODAS game weekend, I will decide the most likely outcome.

3. Any disputed goal will be given to whoever gets the associated points in TFF. However, results may be delayed until Monday 12:00 latest to ensure correct decision is made.

4. All selections are now posted on the weekly thread after the deadline. It is up to each manager to check his opponent’s team for errors. Any errors found must be reported to me or put onto the weekly thread. This must be done before the tables are updated on the Sunday evening following the weekend’s fixtures otherwise the team will stand as selected.

5. If a player transfers to another club between FISODAS weeks, he will not count as playing for his new club until the subsequent week. It will therefore be possible in this case, to have more than one player from a single club, ie. The player's new club.

6. When Cup games are used as FISODAS fixtures, the score used is that at the end of normal time. Extra time and penalty shoot outs do not count in this game.

PLEASE - no replies on this thread (it's long enough already!) Let me know by email or PM if you find any errors or if you want anything adding.

edit - 19.10.10 - amended no show rule from "retains last week selection" to "bazza's randoms"
edit - 02.05.11 - amended preferred format
edit - 24.08.22 - entry via widget added
edit - 27.02.23 - disputed goals
edit - 12.08.23 - no show loses game 5-0

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”