To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISODAS Season 31 Week 6 Player Lists & Prices

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: FISODAS Season 31 Week 6 Player Lists & Prices

Post by forestfan »

Breaking News:

Big Kev has announced his retirement from FISODAS at the end of the season. As a result, there will only be one automatic relegation place from each division.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

What! Only 1 player different between my picks and Moist's, with both in action in Sunday games...

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

morganb wrote:What! Only 1 player different between my picks and Moist's, with both in action in Sunday games...
That's hilarious. Football equivalent of Game 1 in the chess world cup.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Looking forward to my fixture with topspur. After viewing the teams I think I should have kept Richarlison in as my cheap option I put him in last night then 5 mins later took him out when I saw down as injured on another thread so I reverted to my original pick. Then I realised he was only a doubt and agonised again about putting him back in. Then when I decided to put him back in again I realised it was too late. Hope he does not come back to haunt me, I don't expect replacement to score away at Arsenal.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

forestfan wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:25 Breaking News:

Big Kev has announced his retirement from FISODAS at the end of the season. As a result, there will only be one automatic relegation place from each division.
The end for the back to back champion 😳

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ooh, Malrom, wahine...Game on!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Moist von Lipwig wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:32
morganb wrote:What! Only 1 player different between my picks and Moist's, with both in action in Sunday games...
That's hilarious. Football equivalent of Game 1 in the chess world cup.
Fischer v Spassky, Kasparov v Karpov, Carlsen v Alexander-Arnold... :wink:

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Anyone else fancy retiring ? Just imagine having your Friday nights back, sat by the fire or out at the pub. No need to worry about posting fixtures when you come home from work. Go on, you know you want to.

Presumably, that that would mean no relegation, then ?

*Cough*

:D

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

bluenosey wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:59

Anyone else fancy retiring ? Just imagine having your Friday nights back, sat by the fire or out at the pub. No need to worry about posting fixtures when you come home from work. Go on, you know you want to.

Presumably, that that would mean no relegation, then ?

*Cough*

:D
There would still be a play-off place in each division if another PL player bigger off...

More than that and I would have to have a think about it!

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:51

Ooh, Malrom, wahine...Game on!
big game in the last round....

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Both my opponents using their CB this weekend, both also have Arnie to fire to them to glory.
All three of us went for Lacazette.

Really really don't need this to be the weekend for Kane to get a very very rare rest!

Code: Select all

CUP			LEAGUE
Zimmerman		Nathan     		RichT
Cardiff			Newcastle		Tottenham
Kane			Salah			Hazard
Deeney (c)		Vardy (c)		Wilson (c)
Mounie     		Arnautovic		Arnautovic
Wood			Perez			Ings

Big Kev
FISOhead
FS Record: FISODAS Cup Winner Season 4. FISODAS Premiership Champion Seasons 29 & 30, FISODAS Incidental Cup Winner Season 29.

Post by Big Kev »

If Mose is not even giving his opponent a full team to play against he should be binned and use the Randoms. Don't give him the satisfaction and move on.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

+1

Although... those that have benefited from his lineups last couple of weeks (have possibly picked teams without burning bonus') as well as having comfortable wins?

Whereas the 3 remaining opponents will have a much tougher challenge for their matches.

Its lose lose really and a shame that someone priding themselves on doing the right thing and integrity has gone down this route.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

When I first noticed it, people were of the view that he hadn't actually broken any rules, just wasn't playing in the spirit of the game, so there weren't really any grounds to disqualify him.

To change approach now would be unfair on those who have already played against his weakened teams. I think I just have to let it go now for the rest of the season, and the only people disadvantaged are those who played him in the early weeks of the season, but there's nothing that can be done about that really, just like the element of chance involved in coming up against regular no-shows.

To be fair, I suspect he forgot he had already "played" the CB this week, given he specifically picked a £20.1m team... :?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think you are too kind with your assumption.
Someone who is so meticulous making such a schoolboy error?
Why pick a team costing £20.1m if planning on using the chairman bonus?

Very deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction (which admittedly i am giving) whilst having a half-arsed alibi.

Barrydixie used a bonus in good faith (against a competing Mose)
Aldershot didn't use one again in good faith - but ending up playing a shank team (which no one noticed)
Samydav did use a bonus - but it was in good faith, he had no reason to suspect his opponent would be throwing the match

So only this weeks opponent (GregsEggs) could have knowingly entered a team whilst saving his bonus'

Wizardoffire	lost 6-0	normal lineup from MoSe / no bonus used by Wizard
TBL		won 4-1    	normal lineup from MoSe / no bonus used by TBL       	[MoSe used DS]
Barrydixie	won 2-1    	normal lineup from MoSe / ds used by Barry		[MoSe used SOF]
Aldershot	drew 1-1	shank line up from MoSe / no bonus used by Aldershot	[MoSe used CB]
Samyadav	won 6-0    	shank line up from MoS / ds used by Samy
GregsEggs			shank lineup from MoSe / no bonus used by Gregs
A cynic might suggest that Cardiff-gate just provided a good excuse for someone who had lost back to back matches despite using bonus' in both of them to throw his campaign.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Malrom wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 22:15
Jester wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 17:41 Team in for my match up with the Swiss maestro!

Good luck Malrom! :)
Thank you, Jester!
Probably not the right time to call me maestro :lol: :lol:

Good luck, Jester! 8-) 8-)

The real maestro will be in London soon ;-)

Ouch! Clever use of the sof bonus my friend.
My only hope following that hammer blow is that your defence has a real off day....

Malrom                   V        Jester
     Wolves                  2         Liverpool               5
sof  Salah (LIV)             7         Salah (LIV)             7
     Kane (TOT)            6.4         Ings (SOU)            2.8
cap  Perez (NEW)           1.8    cap  Anderson (WHM)        2.4
     Wood (BUR)            1.4         Murphy (CAR)          1.4
     Murphy (CAR)          1.4         Wood (BUR)            1.4
                            20                                20

Good luck again!

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

Zimmerman wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 12:26 I think you are too kind with your assumption.

Very deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction (which admittedly i am giving) whilst having a half-arsed alibi.

Aldershot didn't use one again in good faith - but ending up playing a shank team (which no one noticed)
Samydav did use a bonus - but it was in good faith, he had no reason to suspect his opponent would be throwing the match

So only this weeks opponent (GregsEggs) could have knowingly entered a team whilst saving his bonus'

TBL		won 4-1    	normal lineup from MoSe / no bonus used by TBL       	[MoSe used DS]
Barrydixie	won 2-1    	normal lineup from MoSe / ds used by Barry		[MoSe used SOF]
Aldershot	drew 1-1	shank line up from MoSe / no bonus used by Aldershot	[MoSe used CB]
A cynic might suggest that Cardiff-gate just provided a good excuse for someone who had lost back to back matches despite using bonus' in both of them to throw his campaign.
I've still got to play Mose and would happily play a Randoms side if that's any help to FF.

It really is all a bit silly. This is just a fun game to add a bit of extra spice to the footballing weekend. It also looks a difficult game to administer, which Forest and those before him do so on a voluntary basis.

What Forest says, goes, as far as I'm concerned and even if I lost a Prem title or a Cup on a debatable ruling issue then I would do so with grace and an understanding that it's all for our fun and enjoyment.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Dennisthemenace wrote:
Zimmerman wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 12:26 I think you are too kind with your assumption.

I've still got to play Mose and would happily play a Randoms side if that's any help to FF.

It really is all a bit silly. This is just a fun game to add a bit of extra spice to the footballing weekend. It also looks a difficult game to administer, which Forest and those before him do so on a voluntary basis.

What Forest says, goes, as far as I'm concerned and even if I lost a Prem title or a Cup on a debatable ruling issue then I would do so with grace and an understanding that it's all for our fun and enjoyment.
Very well said

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 13:32

Great post mate👏🏻

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

What I meant is that he deliberately chose the cheapest CB team, perhaps under the belief the CB was still there to use. Whichever way, he's still picking a "non-genuine" team for one reason or another.

As I said before though, I have to remain consistent. If he enters a team for the remaining weeks I can only invoke penalties in line with the official rules.

topspur
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: NCG FISO winner and 4th overall 2012. Brassic Cup 2014, Early Predictions cup 2014 RTD 2014 winner+4th overall British Bulldog winner 2015 FISO 500 2014 Irish Times 6 Nations winner 2016. Last Man Standing 2016 2021 & 2023

Post by topspur »

primitive man wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:40 Looking forward to my fixture with topspur. After viewing the teams I think I should have kept Richarlison in as my cheap option I put him in last night then 5 mins later took him out when I saw down as injured on another thread so I reverted to my original pick. Then I realised he was only a doubt and agonised again about putting him back in. Then when I decided to put him back in again I realised it was too late. Hope he does not come back to haunt me, I don't expect replacement to score away at Arsenal.
Did the honey cokey with Richarlison too. Will be tough against a chairman's bonus

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Dennisthemenace for PM - well said young man! 8-)

Let the children play their games and do our best to ignore them - just like real life! :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Half-Times:

Premiership
Richt                  1    Zimmerman              0
morganb                0    Moist von Lipwig       0
Rick Spangle           1    zipnolan               0
Adlad                  0    graydb                 2
Big Kev                1    nathan247              0

Championship
Smurphy's Paw          1    Spinynorman            0
Malrom                 0    Jester                 2
Spencer4               0    wahine                 0
Digsby                 0    Fuzzy                  1
el_pappje              0    Roodnose               0

League One
samyadav               0    Wizardoffire           1
MoSe                   1    GregsEggs              0
TheBigLewandowski      1    Zuluwarrior            0
Aldershot Rejects      0    Dennisthemenace        1
Barrydixey             1    Rookster               0

League Two
Payner                 0    Rob                    0
gutshot                0    Footie-lover14         2
Primitive man          2    topspur                0
barry                  0    Dickypick              1
Bluenosey              0    itslikebrandnew        0

Conference
sibrown4               0    jimmy ching            1
Droughton              1    Minitoff               0
Talkie Toaster         0    Ralfbergs              1
Geoffv                 1    Just A Kiwi            0
jacool                 0    S_sutton87             1
Just one listed striker scoring today, so a lot of tight games...

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I need Manchester City to let in at least two to stand a chance this week. :roll:

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Spinynorman wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 19:44 I need Manchester City to let in at least two to stand a chance this week. :roll:

I really want you to win this week! :D

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Jester wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 20:29
Spinynorman wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 19:44 I need Manchester City to let in at least two to stand a chance this week. :roll:

I was trying honestly. :oops:

You would have thought that at least one goal was possible out of Kane, Wilson, Arnautovic, Gray and Vokes. :roll:

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

topspur wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 14:29
primitive man wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 10:40 Looking forward to my fixture with topspur. After viewing the teams I think I should have kept Richarlison in as my cheap option I put him in last night then 5 mins later took him out when I saw down as injured on another thread so I reverted to my original pick. Then I realised he was only a doubt and agonised again about putting him back in. Then when I decided to put him back in again I realised it was too late. Hope he does not come back to haunt me, I don't expect replacement to score away at Arsenal.
Did the honey cokey with Richarlison too. Will be tough against a chairman's bonus
The CB was a no braiber after I noticed you were out of tactics and therefore couldnt use one yourself! But its still all to play for.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Spinynorman wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 21:04
Jester wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 20:29

I was trying honestly. :oops:

You would have thought that at least one goal was possible out of Kane, Wilson, Arnautovic, Gray and Vokes. :roll:
I was both worried and a bit conflicted when I saw the teams, Spiny. Had you had a better week my FPL team would be better placed. Only half way though - and I really need Mo to do the business elsewhere as well as here!

Jester - :shock: :lol:

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 13:32

100% agree with the Menace.
Great work from Forest & Rob (and anyone else who helps with the administration) and the majority of us appreciate the work they put in. Keep up the good work guys, it's a great game.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Results:

Premiership
Richt                  1    Zimmerman              0
morganb                0    Moist von Lipwig       0
Rick Spangle           0    zipnolan               0
Adlad                  0    graydb                 1
Big Kev                0    nathan247              0

Championship
Smurphy's Paw          1    Spinynorman            0
Malrom                 1    Jester                 4
Spencer4               0    wahine                 0
Digsby                 0    Fuzzy                  1
el_pappje              2    Roodnose               0

League One
samyadav               0    Wizardoffire           0
MoSe                   0    GregsEggs              0
TheBigLewandowski      0    Zuluwarrior            2
Aldershot Rejects      1    Dennisthemenace        0
Barrydixey             0    Rookster               0

League Two
Payner                 0    Rob                    2
gutshot                0    Footie-lover14         1
Primitive man          3    topspur                0
barry                  0    Dickypick              0
Bluenosey              0    itslikebrandnew        0

Conference
sibrown4               0    jimmy ching            0
Droughton              2    Minitoff               0
Talkie Toaster         0    Ralfbergs              1
Geoffv                 0    Just A Kiwi            0
jacool                 0    S_sutton87             2
A bit of a snoozer this week, just four goals counting on the striker list...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”