To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Why has nobody grabbed FISODAS by the neck?

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Why has nobody grabbed FISODAS by the neck?

Post by Dennisthemenace »

There are some with admirable records including some who have been in The Prem for some time, but will we ever see the day when somebody comes along and has a Phil Taylor (Darts) stranglehold over the game?

If not, why not? Is it a luck thing, consistency thing, or just plainly that it's a free fun game that nobody takes as seriously as perhaps their TFF/FPL etc paid for sides?

It's a tricky old game in lots of ways. Just when you think you've got it sussed and developed a masterplan something comes along and tells you that you need to step up!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Why has nobody grabbed FISODAS by the neck?

Post by forestfan »

I think there's always going to be a lot of random variation over a 9-week season... there's some consistent performers (someone noted that Nathan247 has been in the top flight for something like 14 seasons but never won it) and some who have joined and flown up through the divisions, but there's also some "big names" languishing in the Championship/League One, and nobody has won the title more than 3 times.

The head-to-head format over a short timeframe probably does mean it's unlikely for someone to dominate (though Rick Spangle came close to a three-peat a couple of seasons back). The margins between good players are so small, the lead seems to change nearly every week in the Premiership!

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

I think the organiser has an influence as well. At inception, I struggled with Shrews' beastly choices. The number of times I must have paid 2.9m for Ricardo Vaz Te makes me weep.

Then when Jester ran it, I found it easier to pick through his pricing structure. I've never found it quite so easy with Barry or Forestfan.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

organiser has a lot to do with it, I treated it like I had to avoid making the picks obvious, either tempting a cheaper pick or pricing the obvious choice expensive, and there were also sly tactics of making cheapest few say, Chelsea and arsenal players where costa and giroud were nailed on picks..... was bloody hard work I'll tell you :lol: sometimes I failed miserably and priced a defence too cheap and a vast majority of players selected it and therefore weakens the game. So it's not just us (players) against the odds or against our opponent, we're also against the organiser! Which makes them vitally important, and hats off to FF who is doing a great job.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The pricing's the hardest part of it, I've tried a few systems to try and automate it as much as possible but still not quite nailed it. So far I've tried to keep things fairly similar to before in terms of structure, but thinking of ideas of how to move it on, without going back to the extremes of the Shrews days!

Clear mispricings are frustrating but sometimes I realise a "mistake" and only a handful of selections pick up on it, other times 30 people pick a defence I never saw as a stand-out bargain...

nathan247
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2010 World Cup Egg cup Champion

Post by nathan247 »

14 seasons in premier league without winning it, if only

One day

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

I fully expect to take FISODAS by the neck, due to the upcoming takeover over of FC Gutshot. The Saudi royal family will be taking over which means the following.

1) No financial constraints for FC Gutshot in any week ever again.

2) use of both SOF and DS each and every week.

Oh and of course no bonus can ever be played against us, as we have paid off all other teams.

If FF can just confirm all this :?: then I fully expect Gutshot FC to dominate Phil the power Taylor style :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

It will have to be ratified by FISODAS's Fit and Proper Person Committee... they're currently busy dealing with a queue of other takeover bids from assorted overseas dictators and tyrants, so might take a few years, unless said Saudis produce the gold up front :wink:

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

forestfan wrote:It will have to be ratified by FISODAS's Fit and Proper Person Committee... they're currently busy dealing with a queue of other takeover bids from assorted overseas dictators and tyrants, so might take a few years, unless said Saudis produce the gold up front :wink:

:lol: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”