View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

FISODAS Season 32 - Announcement

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
forestfan
FISO Knight
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

FISODAS Season 32 - Announcement

Post by forestfan » 07 Jan 2019, 19:41

Just to give some advance notice to everyone – I’m planning on making this coming season my last one at the helm of FISODAS.

The game has thrived for over 13 years through regular changes of organiser, and I very much hope that can continue to be the case. This will be my seventh season of running it, and looking back through the history of it, only Jester in his first spell has done more than that consecutively.

As I’m sure everyone appreciates, it is a real commitment to run a game like this, even though I’ve managed to automate certain elements better as I’ve gone on, and will continue to do so with a view to handing it over. The pricing and scoring has always been a single person job, though I must thank Rob for his efforts with the technological element of it – there’s no way I would have agreed to take it on with manual entries, as was the case in the early years!

I’ve generally enjoyed running it, other than the occasional difficult situation that has arisen but you can’t avoid that totally. The first law of FISO side games, or indeed any competition you run, is that the one thing you haven’t covered off in the rules will happen – I’m certainly glad I don’t have the responsibility of running a game with cash prizes! But enthusiasm does tend to wane a bit after a while and my passion for Premier League football itself has dipped slightly over the past couple of years, I’m finding I’d rather immerse myself in an epic TV box set than watch a middle of the road Monday night game.

So by giving this notice I’m hoping someone will come forward to take it on before August/September. It could even be two people with different roles, which would certainly make it easier in terms of holidays etc. compared to relying on one person. If not, maybe it will take a break for a while but I really hope this isn’t the last of FISODAS – and I would certainly like to take part as a player again myself some day!

Player lists will be up in the near future for Week 1, season starts this weekend.

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Re: FISODAS Season 32 - Announcement

Post by gutshot » 08 Jan 2019, 22:16

Only played the game for four seasons but enjoyed it immensely and your time and effort has been much appreciated. An excellent game, expertly run👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.

Hope there is someone out they to take over and look forward to playing you FF in the league.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018

Post by Jester » 08 Jan 2019, 22:37

Hat doffed ff - your efforts have been so appreciated.
I really hope someone steps up to take over and the game doesn't get lost like some others have.

I'm off to sweet talk Barry! lol

barrydixey
FISOhead
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey » 08 Jan 2019, 22:56

Jester wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 22:37
Hat doffed ff - your efforts have been so appreciated.
I really hope someone steps up to take over and the game doesn't get lost like some others have.

I'm off to sweet talk Barry! lol

Couldn't have put it better Jester.
Enjoyed every season since young Digsby introduced me to FISODAS and only possible by the efforts of the various organisers over the years.
Thank you all and here's hoping that we get a volunteer to takeover. Difficult shoes to fill but I'm sure that whoever it is they will get every assistance.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: Considerably poorer than yow :-(

Post by bluenosey » 09 Jan 2019, 20:46

Echo all the comments above. Running of this game in particular looks very time intensive so your efforts are appreciated FF 8-)
Fingers crossed someone steps up to continue the running of this great little game.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry » 09 Jan 2019, 22:41

A great big thanks to FF for captaining the good ship Fisodas over the years, I know we all tried to make it easier to run but hats off, the Widget has been a tremendous addition! Enjoy your final season, then come join Jester and I on the retirement deck :lol:

To anyone considering taking over, it's not as scary as it looks and there will be tremendous support available as I'm sure we have all found running this.

morganb
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner;

Post by morganb » 13 May 2019, 07:32

Now that the Premier League has finished for another year, I was wondering if there had been any volunteers to run FISODAS next season yet?

barrydixey
FISOhead
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey » 29 May 2019, 23:20

Let's hope so Morgan as it's a great game!

Malrom
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner of the FISODAS Premiership title season 15

Post by Malrom » 11 Jul 2019, 16:31

I'm still waiting for the big announcement ....... 8-) 8-)

barrydixey
FISOhead

Post by barrydixey » 11 Jul 2019, 23:39

Please don't let FISODAS die

morganb
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner;

Post by morganb » 12 Aug 2019, 09:53

So the Premier League has now kicked off. Do we have a volunteer from the audience to run FISODAS for the coming year?

(I think I'm running about 9 games this season, a mixture of weekly, monthly and season-long, so I'm not willing to take FISODAS on too - sorry.)

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Pick Quick Winner 2010-11..........£420 total in winnings from mini cash leagues over the years

Post by Richt » 12 Aug 2019, 10:10

I am going to miss it terribly, and wish I was in the position to be able to step up to continue it.

But with a full-time job, running a successful business outside of my main job PLUS 4 kids to help look after, I literally have no time at all to do anything else :cry:

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018

Post by Jester » 12 Aug 2019, 22:01

There must be someone out there awesome enough to take over and save the game......

morganb
Dumbledore

Post by morganb » 29 Aug 2019, 19:05

So, we've almost reached the IB and nobody has blinked yet...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”