To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

19/20 prefer it harder to pick an XI?!

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
TrickyTrees
Wideboy

19/20 prefer it harder to pick an XI?!

Post by TrickyTrees »

Here is my current effort.

I quite like it being tougher again this year as it has been in the past.

Last year seemed like 90% of the teams had the same squad of 20 odd players in and out.

Thoughts on this first draft??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: 19/20 prefer it harder to pick an XI?!

Post by murf »

I wouldn't start with Mane. After the African Cup he is only getting 2 weeks hols and is back in training for just 4 days before the first game.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Gut instinct is that this team falls between two stools with lots of ok picks in each position but not enough bankers like Sterling/Salah/Robertson all of which I'd have ahead of Aguero at their respective prices.

I don't fancy Alonso this season (or Chelsea generally). He seemed to be slowing down last season.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Thanks for the comments. I have listened to them and made a few changes to the set up. See what you think...

Ederson - season long keeper, unless injured no need to change

TAA
Pereira
Digne
Zinchenko - assuming he looks like a starter ( maybe swap out for Wan Bissaka)

Sterling
Mane - appreciate he might have minutes/game out at the start of the season but same applies for a few and hoping for season long.
Jota -
Lanzini - scored a cracker yesterday and looks like the best enabler

Kane
Abraham - Aware Chelsea won't be as good as previous seasons but someone has to score the goals, got Giroud, Bat or Tammy and he scored a bucket load.

Would have liked an Arsenal midfielder or attacker but can't fit it in. Perhaps Pepe if he signs might fit in.

Thoughts?

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Ok so, decided against the chelsea striker idea, even though, I do think potentially there is great value there. Set up as 4-5-1 with the option to swap midfielders for forwards. for example salah to aguero or pepe to a chelsea striker...

The same debate of sterling, salah, mane, kdb etc etc... impossible to get them all in so trying to balance it.

Ederson - will be season-long if not injured

Chilwell
Digne
TAA
Zinchenko

Pepe
KDB
Salah
Pulisic
Lanzini

Kane

In my mind I have 5 premium players. Ederson, TAA, KDB, Salah and Kane. I would ideally like to tip that over to 6 and that is the basis of a settled arrangement or at worst during the season, transferring one premium for their counterpart depending on form, games or injuries.

All thoughts welcome. Clearly the budget is restrictive, so its all just a balance.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Sterling is a must have in my opinion but if you prefer KDB and Salah then that's your call.

Having two new players in midfield could be a risk aswell. Pulisic and Pepe might be class and hit the ground running or they may take time to adjust. They'd be a wait and see for me and go for two more proven players to begin with.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Appreciate the comments.

I think it comes to KDB and Salah v Sterling and Mane. I prefer Sterling to KDB on a single basis but the first combo gives the chance to change things with one sub not two. I listened and watched and seems Salah will start but Mane will be out for a few games or play a bit part.

Totally agree on Pepe and Pulisic. I think both are risky, maybe Pulisic less so for the price. Again seems options to change to Siggy, cheaper striker or top defender if doesn't pan out.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Sterling and a cheapo for me at the start over 2 risky CKs.

With 40 transfers you can jump all the bandwagons later

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

So Sterling and Jota better than KDB and Pepe? that's the thought?

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

I think the two risky CKs that Murf was referring to are Pulisic (4.2) and Pepe (4.7). Do you have any spare cash with that last line-up?; otherwise getting Sterling for one of those two would only leave you £2.4m for the cheapie, and I'm not seeing any mids worth getting at that price

....so KDB may indeed need to go (as you propose) in order to get Sterling in there (and Jota not a bad choice)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Yep, hadn't done the maths as I'm not immersed in it all enough yet to know prices. I have spotted some cheap midfielders but not sure any were 2.4 or less.

Another situation where you wish you could play 451 as there are cheap defensive options.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”