To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

First Draft - RMT Please

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

First Draft - RMT Please

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

Hey All,

That time of year again.

A little harder this year with some of the values gone up, which I'm fully in favour of.

I've tried to go for a bit of balance, with attacking defenders.

5-3-2, as follows:

GK: Pope (3.1m) - last season was an off one for Burnley, with not having a consistent keeper and being in Europe. With Heaton being rumoured to leave, Pope should be 1st choice.

D: TAA (4.5m)- No explanation needed.
D: Digne (3.6m) - great stats from last year, takes corners, set pieces and Everton the 4th best in the PL for clean sheets last year.
D: Chilwell (3.1m) - decent price for a very solid fullback in a solid team who I'd expect to improve this year under Rogers.
D; Coleman (3.3m) - again, plenty of attacking threat as usual in a solid team.
D: Zichenko (3.2m) - seems to be either him or the new guy in at LB for one of the best teams in the league.

M: Sterling (6.5m) - amazed he's still down as a midfielder, another high scoring season expected.
M: Mane (6.3m) - cheaper by .7m compared to Salah and only 24 points less than last season.
M: Lanzini (28m) - seems that this year more than ever, an Enabler is needed. I'm a big fan of Lanzini and West Ham should be much improved this year.

A: Kane - no justification needed.
A: Aguero - same!

Any holes in this one? What would you do differently?

Any comments or criticism are genuinely wanted!

Thanks! :)

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Re: First Draft - RMT Please

Post by jimborogers »

Nothing wrong with the team, but just consider your defenders. Robertson got more than aguero last season and is 1. 9m less. Seems a lot of value in defence for me but then you won't be able to have all the big guns. Going to be a good season!!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Seems to be a lot of love for Everton defenders on RMTs this year. Makes me shudder as I've always regretted it when falling for them in the past.

There is often a cheap keeper who proves as good VFM as the stars but why gamble on getting the one when you are guaranteed mega points from one for little over 1m more?

Avoid Mane (no pre season) and I wouldn't start with 2 expensive strikers these days.

ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

Done a fair bit of jiggling, research on pre-season and especially noting lineups from the past couple of friendlies as teams gather their strongest lineups.

What do people think of this:

GK: Ederson - season long pick.

D: Trent Alexander-Arnold - season long pick.
D: Zinchenko - seems to be the obvious filler for Mendy until he returns.
D: Robertson - season long pick.
D: Stones - looks like he's going to cement his place as CB alongside Laporte, having played the most minutes as CB behind him.
D: Palmieri - seems to of played more minutes than Alonso, including starting in their final pre-season game today. If not, can change to another enable, Guilbert.

M: Sterling - absolute must have in my opinion.
M: Lanzini - has been very impressive in pre-season in a pretty attack minded West Ham side.
M: Martial - Played a lot of pre-season minutes including starting upfront today.

A: Kane - season long pick, looks in very good form.
A: Wilson - amazed at his low price for a guy who consistently scores in a team which plays very attacking football.

Thoughts?

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimborogers »

Very good team. Only issue is formation for me. If you need to get salah in there then that's 2 transfers. But I guess they are there to be used. Martial looks like a different player this season. I've gone for pepe instead for now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”