To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

What do we reckon ..

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

What do we reckon ..

Post by Thomarse »

Single entrant, here's my first draft (probably actually my 5th). I've won my SL the last 4 years (ironically since I joined FISO!) and now going for five! I know, I have changed from my thread 5-4-1 and gone very attacking lol.

Allison - Seems cheap and nailed on

Vestergaard - Cheap think he could be pretty solid
Trippier - Cheap and good way into Spurs defence
Robertson - Cheap. Not sure on doubling up on Liverpool though ...
Coady - Cheap and should be regular

Jota - Jumping on the bandwagon and should start upfront
Sanchez - Should start up front
Salah - ...

Aguero - Always have him and play the hokey kokey. Should start upfront though.
Aubameyang - Good pre season and ended well last season
Arnautovic - Great pre seaon

Leaves 0.1m. Would like to have more left over for upgrades / rearrangement

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: What do we reckon ..

Post by Spinynorman »

All looks good my only thoughts would be:

How much will Trippier be rotated?

Aubameyang should perform but with his fixtures is he a wait and see?

West Ham could be dodgy and Arnautovic always annoys me when I'm watching him. Not good reasons not to pick but could the money be spent more wisely in midfield?

As I said though it all looks good and who knows really? :)

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

Keep £0.2m spare to bring in Mr Kane :D

Fabien
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF: 23rd (single entrant)

Post by Fabien »

I'm not sure about some of your reasoning.

You are buying Allison because he is cheap, but at 3.7 with the top price 4.0, he is certainly not cheap. I'm not saying don't buy him, but if you do it has to be because you think he will be the best keeper, not an average keeper that will save money.

Likewise, Trippier and Robertson are 3.7 and 3.8, so near the top of the prices in their positions.

I wonder if you are trying to talk yourself into these players.

I don't disagree with them and will have at least one, but because they are PREMIUM and and score well, not cheap.

Trippier is certainly a concern, he played a lot of the world cup, much of it slightly injured so could not see the pitch for a month as Spurs have options. He wasn't their automatic first choice last year, though did play most games due to injuries to others.

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

Fabien wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 08:38 You are buying Allison because he is cheap, but at 3.7 with the top price 4.0, he is certainly not cheap. I'm not saying don't buy him, but if you do it has to be because you think he will be the best keeper, not an average keeper that will save money.

Likewise, Trippier and Robertson are 3.7 and 3.8, so near the top of the prices in their positions.

I wonder if you are trying to talk yourself into these players.

I don't disagree with them and will have at least one, but because they are PREMIUM and and score well, not cheap.

Trippier is certainly a concern, he played a lot of the world cup, much of it slightly injured so could not see the pitch for a month as Spurs have options. He wasn't their automatic first choice last year, though did play most games due to injuries to others.

Definite valid points. I guess by cheap, I mean "cheap players for the top 6 teams" so an easy way into their defences. Allison I am still unsure on; it means I double up on Liverpool, which makes me feel uneasy and he is still unproven. Trippier I think will cement his place but I get your point on him maybe not starting the season.

Spinynorman wrote: West Ham could be dodgy and Arnautovic always annoys me when I'm watching him. Not good reasons not to pick but could the money be spent more wisely in midfield?

For his price, possibly. Sane was my next best option as can;t stretch to the next tier player like Ericksen et al. But City midfield seems like even more of a minefield than normal this year.

Back to the drawing board then :D

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Thomarse »

Slight tweakage ..

Allison

Coady
Trippier
Mendy
Vestergaard

Sanchez
Zaha
Salah
Jota

Aguero
Abameyang

Feels slightly more balanced and leaves .4m left over to upgrade either strikers to Kane or Sanchez to KDB / Another when he inevitably falls short. What do we reckon?

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Thomarse »

Thinking maybe Robertson instead of Trippier, to get around him possibly not starting for the week or two.

Also Wan-Bissaka instead of Vestergaard. Southampton have been pretty poor pre season and conceded quite a bit :(

Wan-Bissaka, seems to be under the radar??

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

Thomarse wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 12:49 Thinking maybe Robertson instead of Trippier, to get around him possibly not starting for the week or two.

Also Wan-Bissaka instead of Vestergaard. Southampton have been pretty poor pre season and conceded quite a bit :(

Wan-Bissaka, seems to be under the radar??
Wan-Bissaka is remarkably popular on other forums - reddit, fantasyfootballscout etc. Bit of a risk in a game with no subs, I think. Robertson over Trippier is a good shout.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I'd go Robertson over Trippier on a 1 on 1 basis but that makes 2 Liverpool at the back and that may overegg your basket

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Thomarse »

murf wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 13:25 I'd go Robertson over Trippier on a 1 on 1 basis but that makes 2 Liverpool at the back and that may overegg your basket
Which was my worry. Liverpool do have a pretty easy run to start with though ...

If I put Wan Bissaka in, leaves me 0.7m though, so could upgrade to any other keeper and still leave enough in the bank for Kane et al.

The more I read about this Palace guy the more I like ...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 83581.html
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/fant ... n-players/
https://www.premierleague.com/news/798553

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”