To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Single Entrant

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Swizs
Treebeard

RMT - Single Entrant

Post by Swizs »

I play each year in a private league, which I normally do very well in - finished in the money spots (top five) every year for six years other than one.

I have been stung by cheap enablers before, so like to try and get as many of the big six in as I can. Normally I go with a cheap defence and lots of big hitters, but thinking of trying something new.

Leno (think he will get the nod over Cech and he is cheap at 3.3m)
Alonso Mendy Robertson Trippier Bailly
Salah Sane Jota
Auba Firmino

Concerns are Trippier not coming straight into squad after world cup, Bailly as United look a bit suspect and rumours of Maguire coming in not sure if he is nailed, lack of Kane (but can come in and due course) and Jota due to fear of cheap enablers.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Re: RMT - Single Entrant

Post by Tom QC »

Keeper pick seems a tad (unnecessarily?) risky but could pay off. After a big move, I'll be feeling sorry for Poor Leno if he doesn't start.

Some chatter that Sarri might play with a conventional back 4 rather than wingbacks, meaning a less advanced role for Alonso and/or potentially some rotation with their new left back, Palmieri.

I'd guess Trippier will definitely miss the first few weeks of the season. He looked to have picked up a knock or two in the World Cup, and they have Aurier and Walker-Peters to deputise (whether capably is another question).

Plenty of other options if you swap Alonso as he's quite expensive. VVD, Mendy, Coleman all seem decent picks.

Can't really argue with any of the rest, although I'm personally going to hold fire on Jota until I see him play in the PL.

Zlatan
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: novice

Post by Zlatan »

Leno - an unnecessary risk , given his price , there’s better proven at that , or a little more for top top keepers

Trippier - to miss start of season , Spurs in new home , far from easy as seen with plenty clubs in past , expensive pick for now

Bailly - united a mess of a pre season , Jose picking on players again , injury prone , is he a guaranteed starter , I’m not convinced

Auba - been accommodated in the left wing of a front 3 in pre season with Laca as the central man , and 0.6 cheaper , Arsenal not superb opening games , new manager , better options given his price

dunx
Red & Blue Braces

Post by dunx »

Just to throw a spanner in the works of a lot of teams Pep has said Sane needs to get in shape for the new season his physical condition is not good and he needs to train a bit more,he missed the Bayern game and was not injured

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

Newest draft:

Leno / Robertson Luiz Azpilicueta Mendy Soares / Zaha Sane Salah / Auba Arnautovic.

I disagree re. Auba as an Arsenal fan - will be nailed, and will score a lot of goals this season. Accept Sane is a risk, but need an attacking option from City and he seems safest bet. It is my premium defence I am umming and awwing over - Mendy, Robertson and a Chelsea defender are staying, but other than that I am not sure. I would like to have as many big six defenders as possible but finding nailed starters to begin with isn't that easy.

Edit: or Emerson / Robertson Luiz Bailly Mendy Coleman / Zaha Sane Salah / Auba Arnautovic.

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

Hopefully final draft.

Ederson
Mendy Bailly Robertson Coady
Salah Zaha Jota
Aguero Aubameyang Arnautovic

Any thoughts?

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

Looks pretty solid all round. I have many of the same players as you, but I'm not sold of aubam and arnau. I admittedly haven't had chance to research their preseason form yet, but they didn't set the world alight last season from what I remember

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

dustyb wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 12:49 Looks pretty solid all round. I have many of the same players as you, but I'm not sold of aubam and arnau. I admittedly haven't had chance to research their preseason form yet, but they didn't set the world alight last season from what I remember
Arnautovic should be starting up front, had ten goals and six assists last season, and I think he only moved to playing striker second half of the season. He scored five goals in his first four pre-season friendlies. Seems pretty promising!

Aubameyang scored ten goals in fifteen games last season, and that was his first six months in the Premier League. He oozes quality and I fancy him to score bucketloads of goals this season.

dustyb
Wideboy

Post by dustyb »

Fair enough, both sound interesting. My initial draft before my traditional Fri pre-season research has aguero and firmino. I think this could be Liverpool's year, and firminos supply will be formidable.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Bailly is injured and doubtful apparently.

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

dustyb wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 13:14 Fair enough, both sound interesting. My initial draft before my traditional Fri pre-season research has aguero and firmino. I think this could be Liverpool's year, and firminos supply will be formidable.
If I could afford Firmino, I would have him, but can't squeeze him in alongside Aguero and Auba without downgrading elsewhere.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”