To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT single entrant advice please

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Zlatan
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: novice

RMT single entrant advice please

Post by Zlatan »

I’m a TFF novice (second season) , I play in friends leagues for cash , I’ll try explain reason behind my choices

Patricio 3.0 - joining a Wolves side that kept 24 clean sheets last season , with European experience his price looks inviting

Valencia 4.1 - united are always stingy at the back and he’s the first defender on their team sheet

Bailly 3.6 - looking to double up based on their known defensive tightness & a cheaper option than a lot of top 4 teams defenders , started most if not all pre season

Mendy 4.0 - could be due a big points haul as City’s first choice left wing back , looked amazing pre injury

Van Aanholt 3.2 - cheaper option given Palace good opening fixtures , none of the turmoil of last season as Roy has steadied ship , main starter for Palace

Salah 6.0 - nothing to add

Jota 3.2 - seems a must have enabler to start season with at the price , plays left of a front 3 , involved in 22 goals last season

Willian 4.3 - looks cheap to me , in a Chelsea side fresh of the restrictive Conte , with good early fixtures , and a good attacking outlet

Sane 4.9 - started most / all of City’s pre season , fresh from no World Cup , great fixtures

Aguero 6.8 - slight risk , however should be starter , could fill his boots in first couple months , dear enough to rotate when required

Aumbeyang 6.6 - a risk , but after opening 2 games could also fill his boots , again price means can rotate when necessary

0.3 in Bank for inevitable rotation once the World Cup big hitters return , ala Kane , De Bruyne . Am I on the right path with this side ?

seysey
Treebeard
FS Record: 9th Sun dream team 2016,

Re: RMT single entrant advice please

Post by seysey »

Looks pretty good imo, not too sure I would have Wolves keeper though...

DelR
Red & Blue Braces

Post by DelR »

Not sure if Valencia will be fit to start after picking up a recent injury, worth considering Smalling or Young.

Bailly, I thought he would be a regular last season but not sure Mourinho has complete faith so is he a likely starter?

Wolves keeper a bit of a gamble and hopefully Chelsea won't sell Willian.

Like most of team to be honest.

Derek

Zlatan
Kevin and Perry

Post by Zlatan »

looks as though Valencia has returned home from their tour which can’t be good news , also Jose having a pop about his fitness. I might stear clear of United all together tbh

Wolves keeper is priced very similar to Bournemouth Brighton Newcastle Watford keepers , though I think will outscore them

Troopon
Treebeard

Post by Troopon »

Sane started most of City’s preseason games? You sure about that? 😜

Would think Pedro a better option than William based on the way Sarri plays.

In both those cases you’ll have the charity shield to help make decisions.

Well balanced squad. Wolves keeper is fine. I don’t see an obvious cheap keeper and think all around that price point will score around the same.

Zlatan
Kevin and Perry

Post by Zlatan »

I agree with your point re Pedro. Also given that he’s got minutes in pre season whereas Willian is at a São Paulo airport.

I am really toying with the idea of dropping Auba in favour of a 4-5-1 formation. This isn’t as crazy as it sounds given I could bring in Sanchez and raise 1M doing so. To be spent throughout the team.

Even though on TFF paper it would say 4-5-1 in reality it would be a front 3 of Sanchez Aguero Salah with 3 in behind of Pedro Jota Sane

Flexibility to improve defence further &/or sit on funds for rotation when needed

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”