To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Early Thoughts

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

RMT - Early Thoughts

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

Hey Everyone,

No doubting there's loads of time to go, but I won't be the only one making their early versions so I thought I'd put one out there for some honest feedback:

GK: Ederson - City's fixtures for the first couple of months look favourable.

D: Mendy - as above. Jury is out on fitness, but at 4m he could a great shout.
D: Robertson - a much improved Liverpool defence with the addition of of Alisson should mean they are up there again with clean sheets.
D: Tripper - 3.7 is a fantastic price for a defender who gets plenty of assists and clean sheets.
D: Alexander Arnold - no doubting the talent, but will be keeping an eye on the fitness of Clyne too.
D: Douglas - slight enabler. Attacking fullback who plays left wing in a 343. Takes corners too.

M: Eriksen - was in my team from the start last year and will be again, brilliant for TFF.
M: Salah - a simple must have.
M: Jota - another enabler, only because he seemingly plays upfront.

A: Kane - another must have, providing he's ready for the first game
A: Aubameyang - backing him to have a big season.

Feel free to rip it apart or heap praise... :)

Cheers!

DelR
Red & Blue Braces

Re: RMT - Early Thoughts

Post by DelR »

Decent team there but I'm not convinced Liverpool's defence is that good it justifies 2 defenders. Rather have a Chelsea defender or a Man U defender. Mendy is certainly one to consider if he's a regular starter.

Midfield doesn't have a Man City player, I quite fancy Sane to start off with as he's had no World Cup exploits.

Up front I think Aubameyang is a good call but I'm resisting Kane as he will probably be tired after World Cup and his August goal scoring record is if I recall rather a blank. Second striker isn't easy, possibly Aguero.

Even though I've gone with Jota in a couple of teams I'm trying not to get too over on all the Wolves hype as I'm still to be totally convinced with how they will do in the prem.

Anyhow just my initial thoughts.

Derek

ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

That's all really good feedback, thank you.

I am definitely re-thinking Trent AA, so have some budget left to play with there when I look through more of the pre-season games. Any suggestions?

I'd love to have Sane in, but Salah & Eriksen will, I'm sure, have great seasons. Hard to get Sane in!

Thanks again.

ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

It's been 3 weeks and I've probably changed my team at least once a day, but i'm beginning to settle (just in time) on a team.

Would really value peoples thoughts:

Starting with a 4-4-2 to give flexibility once form players arise.

GK: Ederson - I can't get past the fact that City's first 6 games after Arsenal are so good, they could easily get a handful of clean sheets.

D: Mendy - same as above, has the LB spot as his own and is very attacking, a steal at 4m.
D: Robertson - Liverpools has 17 clean sheets last season, the 3rd best in the league. With their new keeper and a good set of fixtures, 3.8m seems good value.
D: Coady - Wolves have made some brilliant signings and won't be sitting round the bottom of the league. At 2.4, this guy is their captain and will play every game.
D: Wan-Bissaka - Arguably unheard of but seemingly highly rated. Woys teams are always solid enough, and at 2.5, he is the pure definition of an enabler!

M: Salah - .
M: Jota - I'm basing my midfield based on ones who practically play as strikers. Jota plays as part of a very offensive front 3, great value in a strong team at 3.2.
M: Sane - always within the goals at a high scoring Liverpool - they were the 2nd highest scorers last season with 86. Won't have the ACON this season either so will play more games.
M: Mahrez - A slight gamble but in a City team that I'd expect to be dominant again, I'm happy to accept rotation because of the sheer amount of points their squad will score.

A: Aguero - has been a starter in every one of my TFF teams for the past few years, no doubt he'll be towards the top end of the points again.
A: Aubameyang: Very impressed with him in the latter of last season, half a season and 91 points in a team that did struggle.

Feel like I don't want to change much of this now. Mahrez is the only doubt, but I don't want to wipe out my budget and have no wiggle room.

Any constructive criticism out there?

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

Fairly template. Sane and Mahrez is entering the world of City midfield Russian roulette, may pay off, may not.

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

With the description, I assume you mean Mane?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Swizs wrote:Fairly template. Sane and Mahrez is entering the world of City midfield Russian roulette, may pay off, may not.
What he said. I prefer not to put a potentially loaded chamber to my temple on day 1.

Sane should be a great pick but there is something dodgy going on there.....

EDIT ah, didn't read that this was the Liverpool Sane not the Citeh one....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”