To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Re: RMT please - I think I've finally nailed it??

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Shearer
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shearer »

Formation 3-4-3.

Total cost 50m.

GK - Foster 2.8m - A budget choice...... but would hope for a return around the 100pt mark.

Def - Alonso 4.3m - Signed after the start of last season, missed 1 or 2 through injury, rested for early FA Cup rounds & still scored over 180pts.

Def - Valencia 4.1m - Utd will be tight, he's nailed on, good going forward & best of all could be deployed as a wingback.

Def - Stephens 2.6m - Enabler...... but could potentially score around the 120pt mark??

Mid - De Bruyne 5.7m - I think he'll be very close to top scoring midfielder this season.

Mid - Mane 5.2m - 13 goals in 26 starts last season. No AFCON to distract him this season either. Barring injury he could score 200pts plus.

Mid - Mkhitaryan 4.7m - On last season's performances & lack of game time he should be no where near my team. However he's had a good pre season, seems to now be playing as a no 10 & Man Utd's early fixtures are good. Gamble.

Mid - Salah 4.5m - Another gamble....... but from what I've seen he's very offensive & Liverpool should score plenty of goals.

FW - Kane 7m - Wembley concerns...... hence he's my only Spurs player.

FW - Jesus 5.9m - Not seen much of him...... but what I have, I've liked. Playing up top for the most free scoring team & less than 6m. Must have, surely??

FW - Abrahams 3.2m - Ridiculously cheap for a player who scored heavily for Bristol City last season.
To put it in to context...... a lot will have opted for Matt Richie at the same price as a 5th midfielder. He scored 12 & assisted 7 playing for the best team in the Championship. Abrahams scored 23 for one of the worst teams in the same league.

So...... any obvious bad picks?? All feedback would be very welcome. Got to have this right by Friday night, ha ha.

Thanks.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Not any bad picks really. Abrahams is an interesting one. I'm one of the people who've gone for Ritchie. Main reasons are that Ritchie has set pieces, pens and decent fixtures initially. Also it's not clear how much game time Abrahams will get once Llorente returns in a couple of weeks.

Shearer
Kevin and Perry

Post by Shearer »

Chris, I agree that Ritchie is the more secure choice.

But....... I have a hunch that the Abrahams gamble will pay off. He might have pens too...... once Siggy finally goes.

Lambert seems to be intent on playing 2 up top too, which helps.

Time will tell. Im just looking forward to the season starting now.

nlpnlp
Kevin and Perry

Post by nlpnlp »

Forster - I would assume Southampton will be more attacking this year having sacked Puel for being too defensive, plus van Dijk likely to be unsettled/off.
Stephens – As above.
De Brunye – With all City’s attacking talent, will he face rotation plus a more holding role?
Mkhitaryan – Didn’t set the world alight last year and with Matic arriving Pogba may move up to the No 10 role.
Salah – almost a CK gamble.
Abrahams – “Ridiculously cheap for a player who scored heavily for Bristol City last season.” Ridiculously cheap because he is a novice with no track record in the big boys league.

However, with 40 substitutions you can gamble with your starting team, so long as you aren’t too loyal if they don’t work out.

Clueless65
Treebeard

Post by Clueless65 »

nlpnlp wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 00:15 Forster - I would assume Southampton will be more attacking this year having sacked Puel for being too defensive, plus van Dijk likely to be unsettled/off.
Stephens – As above.
De Brunye – With all City’s attacking talent, will he face rotation plus a more holding role?
Mkhitaryan – Didn’t set the world alight last year and with Matic arriving Pogba may move up to the No 10 role.
Abrahams – “Ridiculously cheap for a player who scored heavily for Bristol City last season.” Ridiculously cheap because he is a novice with no track record in the big boys league.

However, with 40 substitutions you can gamble with your starting team, so long as you aren’t too loyal if they don’t work out.
FOSTER not Forster. Come on, keep up!

I take your point about Abrahams though, nipnip. There have been any number of players over the years who have scored heavily in the Championship and not so much in the Premier League. The keepers are better, the defences allow less time. However, that's why they call it gambling. Pit your wits against those who set the prices to gain an advantage. It's a bold move and I wish the OP well with this. I will be watching though initially. I am not so bold.

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

nlpnlp wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 00:15 Forster - I would assume Southampton will be more attacking this year having sacked Puel for being too defensive, plus van Dijk likely to be unsettled/off.
Stephens – As above.

How negative can one be? Saints have a straight forward run of fixtures and a manager with a reputation for being defensive. KDB is nailed on in the best attack in the league - holding role, you having a laugh. Pogba won't play #10. Salah is a gamble, but hardly a CK. Has played in the Prem before, had a great pre season, and lit up Serie A.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”