To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Yeboah's FISO XI 2017/18 : Finished 7756th.

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Yeboah's FISO XI 2017/18 : Finished 7756th.

Post by yeboah »

Hey guys,back again with another season progress thread. Last year was an average one - floating around the 20K mark for most of it,and ran out of transfers way too early. Was runner up in my works SL.

Heres my first draft for this new season :

Forster - looks a solid keeper,no rotation danger. :arrow: Pope

Walker - could be a high scorer,great assist threat aswell in an attacking City team. :arrow: Vertonghen :arrow: B Davies
Vertonghen - was one of the top scorering defenders last season in a solid Spurs back four. :arrow: Alonso :arrow: Lingard
Dawson - a set piece threat,always does 'ok' in points. :arrow: Hegazi :arrow: Otamendi
Ward - looks to be the 'enabler' this season. Hope hes first choice? :arrow: Tarkowski

Mane - Always does well for me in fantasy footy - capable of high scores. :arrow: Pogba :arrow: Salah
Sterling - involved in a lot of assist/goals,hopefully that continues. :arrow: Eriksen :arrow: Sterling :arrow: D Silva
Alli - no comment needed,potentially one of the hight scorers again. :arrow: De Bruyne :arrow: Mane :arrow: Mahrez :arrow: Son

Kane - same as Alli. :arrow: Firmino :arrow: Kane :arrow: Lukaku
Lukaku - surely to get a hatful of goals this season. :arrow: Aguero :arrow: Firmino
J.King - maybe my 'gamble' in my team,but did very well last season,lots of goals and could link up well with Defoe. :arrow: Mounie :arrow: Alonso :arrow: Hazard :arrow: Silva :arrow: DeBruyne

TRANSFERS LEFT : 2
Last edited by yeboah on 20 May 2018, 14:09, edited 16 times in total.

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Re: Yeboah's FISO XI 2017/18

Post by Tom QC »

Glad you're back Yeboah (always enjoy reading your thread) and the team looks good. Only one I'd really question is Sterling: Man City's squad is absolutely loaded so I worry whether he will get enough game time to justify the price tag. Maybe downgrade to free up some cash to upgrade Ward, who has a tricky start and as you suggest is not necessarily nailed on for every game now they have signed Taylor.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Tom QC wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 12:19 Glad you're back Yeboah (always enjoy reading your thread) and the team looks good. Only one I'd really question is Sterling: Man City's squad is absolutely loaded so I worry whether he will get enough game time to justify the price tag. Maybe downgrade to free up some cash to upgrade Ward, who has a tricky start and as you suggest is not necessarily nailed on for every game now they have signed Taylor.
cheers,yeah il have to wait to see if Ward plays,but there will be another enabler option available once i see teams play. Il see if Sterling plays,i take hes facing competition from Bernando? Salah could be a good alternative? Again,i think i need to wait a few matches..

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

It's v difficult to call City's lineup or formation, both of which will probably change week to week and during games. But I think if Pep plays 3 at the back it will often be the wingbacks providing the width with an attacking trio of Aguero, Jesus and De Bruyne.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

We will see what the first few games hold - one thing is for certain - i cant run out of transfer in March again! Some of my FA Cup punts were horrendous last season hehe - Negredo springs to mind. :roll:

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Ward is a steal! :D

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Probably my best opening weekend ever - 68 pts!

Pos : 20340

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

First 2 transfers before todays matches :

Sterling :arrow: Eriksen
King :arrow: Mounie

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Not a great 2nd week with the Walker red card topping it off. Mid 30s points is dire.

Eriksen came into the team for Sterling - he got an assist,but then Sterling came off the bench in the later match and scored! Im still confident Eriksen will outscore him as hes just playing more.

windymillers7
Treebeard

Post by windymillers7 »

yeboah wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 21:43 Not a great 2nd week with the Walker red card topping it off. Mid 30s points is dire.

Eriksen came into the team for Sterling - he got an assist,but then Sterling came off the bench in the later match and scored! Im still confident Eriksen will outscore him as hes just playing more.
marathon not a sprint remember, are you going to replace Walker while he's banned or wait it out?

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

windymillers7 wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 20:28
yeboah wrote: 23 Aug 2017, 21:43 Not a great 2nd week with the Walker red card topping it off. Mid 30s points is dire.

marathon not a sprint remember, are you going to replace Walker while he's banned or wait it out?
nah,il keep him - was one of the first names on my team sheet so i have faith hehe.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Going into the international break now,my team scored a bang average 33 pts this weekend - Alli & Mane goals saving it on sunday.

I will re-assess the team soon - that 3rd striker place is an issue i need to think about. Mounie doesnt look like he will be a regular goal scorer..

POS : 58886
SL : 2nd

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

A good 53 pts yesterday - Mane's red card forced me to put Pogba in for the evening match.

My 4 Spurs players continue to deliver (31 pts between them).

Ward & Mounie to play.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

And so it begins - Pogba out for a few weeks - Salah in.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

GW points : 66
Position : 15732
SL : 1st

A very good total of 66 pts this weekend puts the team just outisde the top 15K....I replaced Mounie today with Alonso. But to do so i had to swap between WBA defenders as i was 0.1 short!

Mounie :arrow: Alonso
Dawson :arrow: Hegazi

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Another very good score of 66 pts AGAIN puts this team just inside the top 10K.

Just Hegazi to play but not expecting much there.

Aguero is still racking up the points but how can you get him with Lukaku & Kane aswell?! Would mean having a pretty weak midfield. Luckily Salah is proving a great choice.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Another decent score of 57 pts for this weekend keeps the team around the 10K mark. A Ward clean sheet and assist was a nice surprise today,hes turning into a bargain find - but my MF trio failed to do anything.

Position : 11004
SL : 1st

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

A triple transfer happened a few weeks ago :

Hegazi :arrow: Otamendi
Eriksen :arrow: De Bruyne
Alli :arrow: Sterling

The team got a good 61 pts this weekend,and is holding its own - i picked a good time to put those Man City players in! Stones' injury might effect Otamendi's CS chances though.

Position : 12573rd

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Two transfers happened last week :

Alonso :arrow: Hazard
Aguero :arrow: David Silva

The team got a solid 50 points,and is just inside the top 10K.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Well it looks like letting go of Alonso was a mistake - hes got some big points in the last few games. So im biting the bullet and getting him back in,with Vertonghen not playing until next week.

4 Transfers just happened :

Forster :arrow: Pope
Vertonghen :arrow: Alonso
Ward :arrow: Tarkowski
Kane :arrow: Firmino

Kane will come back in next week vs Swansea,probably for Hazrd,who isnt doing anything atm - and maybe Alli in aswell.

The team is still doing 'ok' in 13178th position - but ive lost the lead in my SL,slipping to 2nd!

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Took an FA Cup punt on Mane last night - didnt work!

Kane and Vertonghen came back into the team,i decided to keep Aguero in as surely he will play in the FA Cup - with Jesus out injured for a while aswell. Cant see City having another back-up striker unless they buy one?

This is how the team looks now :

Pope

Vertonghen
Ottamendi
Alonso
Tarkowski

Silva
Mane
Salah
Stirling

Kane
Aguero

Transfers : 19
Position : 9455th

Probably the highest the team has been all season - but the last few transfers have returned nothing. Im leading my SL but by 1 point!!

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

The team finished the FAC weekend on a very good 101 points - which puts it at a season high of 6610th position!

Keeping faith with Aguero repaid me two goals - plus Kane and Vertonghen unexpectedly playing gave a massive 24 points back!

Down to 19 transfers now,but thats a lot more than ive had in previous seasons.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

The team has been doing well,just inside the top 6K now - i put Debruyne back in last week and Otamendi in last night for a clean sheet. Leaves me with 15 transfers left.

The only issue is Mahrez,who i put in for the last round of the cup and had been doing well - didnt play last night because of the transer request.

Position : 5895th
SL : 1st (leading by 52 pts)

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Son came into the team for a cheeky FA Cup punt vs Newport - only managing 1 assist,which wasnt too good,but he will stay in the team for a bit and il see how he does...plus they have Rochdale in the next round.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

A very nice 17 points from Son in the FA Cup was a welcome surprise - it keeps the team around the 7K mark.

A couple of transfers today :

Vertonghen :arrow: B Davies
Sterling :arrow: D Silva

Transfers Remaining : 11 (quite high for me at this stage!!)

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Another double from Son and also one from David Silva has pushed this team to its highest position so far of 4474th....Son has been brilliant for me,and i need to rely on him again today as Kane is out for some time. Lukaku is looking to come in for him later today.

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Lukaku came in for Kane and scored - Firmino comes in this weekend for the doubtful Aguero. 8 Transfers left is the highest ive had at this stage of the season....

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

I put in 4 Man Utd players in last week - Sanchez,Pogba,Smalling & Valencia - to make use of the games in hand plus the FA Cup.

This worked out pretty well as Smalling scored with a CS,aswell as a Pogba assist - keeping the team in the top 6K.

Obviously its better for the team if Man Utd win Spurs in the cup...ive banked on those players for the final now.

4 Transfers left (hope to use for the final,or maybe put some Chelsea in tomorrow)

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Sterling & Hazard came into the team on sunday to give me a fantastic total of 89 points for the week!

The team is a season high position of 3939th - could it push for the top 1000?! No Kane though.

I have 2 transfers left - hopefully to use for the FA Cup final. Maybe Willian & Giroud could come in.

My Team :

Pope

Valencia
Smalling
Tarkwoski

Hazard
Sterling
Lingard
Pogba
Salah

Lukaku
Sanchez

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

The team finished in 7756th position - i got as high as top 4K recently but i gambled on being Man Utd heavy for the cup,which didnt really work....they had a bad ending to the season with Lukaku injured and losing the final.

I didnt have Kane in the last few weeks,so maybe i couldve gone for that top 1K instead of planning for the cup....but this is a much better season than a last year and i won my SL easily for the 2nd season running! :)

Thanks to those who have followed this season's thread. 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”