To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

oops i did it again!

A forum for Fantasy Football games run by Fanball (via the Sky Sports website).
Dumbledore

oops i did it again!

Post by 12345678 »

is britney running this thing now :lol:

can i run a book on how many more times the lockdown is wrong this season - at present i have 3 as 7/4f 4 as 3/1 and 2 as 9/4.

any takers?

you should consider they have one more BST hour change to consider that they have been told about many times but have chosen to ignore all warnings. i don't think there are any more american time changes, although of course there is one in the system currently lashing up the time changesfor lockdowns.

there are some re arranged games in the system and even worse some to come.

all of this has been pointed out before of course and they have been directed to the sporting life site for fixture changes and asked to look once a week but naturally they won't as they are american and know best :shock:

so how many more times will oops i did it again feature?

andy

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Can I have odds on 5 or more please? :o :roll:

ABCDEFGH
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ABCDEFGH »

I'm starting to see the funny side of this Fucxball game...Even the scores are now becoming similar, so many of us scored circa 130 points last night, I notice with amusement that 4/5 guys in the top 100 obviously forgot last nights games :shock: And as for the lockdown times :lol:

I won an X-Box360 in the free game last 1/4 which duly arrived :shock: this week, they make 2 versions (apparently :? ) the all singing all dancing job and the starter version...I wonder if you can guess which one they sent me :roll: ...In the free comp, the top prize is a plasma 42"...so I guess that'll be some old model Argos "managers special"

They just don't give a stuff

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

ABCDEFGH wrote:I'm starting to see the funny side of this Fucxball game...Even the scores are now becoming similar, so many of us scored circa 130 points last night, I notice with amusement that 4/5 guys in the top 100 obviously forgot last nights games :shock: And as for the lockdown times :lol:

I won an X-Box360 in the free game last 1/4 which duly arrived :shock: this week, they make 2 versions (apparently :? ) the all singing all dancing job and the starter version...I wonder if you can guess which one they sent me :roll: ...In the free comp, the top prize is a plasma 42"...so I guess that'll be some old model Argos "managers special"

so you won a new xbox for bleep all and your complaining.. why????

i mean fair doos when people havent been sent there cash etc, but give em some credit!

ABCDEFGH
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ABCDEFGH »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:
ABCDEFGH wrote:I'm starting to see the funny side of this Fucxball game...Even the scores are now becoming similar, so many of us scored circa 130 points last night, I notice with amusement that 4/5 guys in the top 100 obviously forgot last nights games :shock: And as for the lockdown times :lol:

so you won a new xbox for bleep all and your complaining.. why????

i mean fair doos when people havent been sent there cash etc, but give em some credit!
Do you work for them or something :twisted: I'll give them credit when they bleeping :roll: earn it... "won a new xbox for bleep all"...You have no idea... :shock:

Have a nice day :roll: :wink:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

lol nah i dont work for them, i just think this is a good game that i enjoy, with a few problems, and i dont see why it gets slated as much as it does.. i have recivied all the money i won both from the world cup game and this one over £600, even though it did take two months for me to recive the last part of my world cup payment!, but if you have won a new xbox worth 200 odd quid, and didnt have to pay an entrance fee AND it has been recivied whats the problem?? lol
you also have a good day sir 8-)

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

ChrisHarry12345... Totally on your side, I have won over £300 this season, plus £100 kit-bag vouchers all of which I have received (late however, but received)

Not a bad investment against a free-to-enter and £5 to join + around £15 in transfers..

Yes, it can improve but so can all the other FF games I play.

I for one, hope it stays around next season.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Leehweb wrote:ChrisHarry12345... Totally on your side, I have won over £300 this season, plus £100 kit-bag vouchers all of which I have received (late however, but received)

Not a bad investment against a free-to-enter and £5 to join + around £15 in transfers..

Yes, it can improve but so can all the other FF games I play.

I for one, hope it stays around next season.
exactly! i also will be playin this next season, if its still around!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i really can't accept that this lot are any better than the disingenuous times/sun clowns now.

as we know all season random lock down times have been posted but it has always been 5 minutes before first kick off.

i had a couple of teams with essien intending to bring in barry if he was injured needless to say they again lashed up the lockdown but on this occasion have refused to amend as the lockdown is published and adhered to :lol: :lol: :lol:

so we now have a times situation where we know they will continue to blunder and lash up but instead of correcting to the intention of the rules are now doing a times and changing the rules to agree to their own programming blunders.

once you reach this level you have reached the lowest of the low along with the times/sun teams you are rock bottom.

not been paid for winning last quarter yet - in fact not even had an e-mail. just hoping we will get paid for our efforts. whilst i do feel sorry for the american idiots it was to some extent their own fault that they failed to market the game properly or appreciate the uk market.

i have however no time whatsoever once people are disingenuous and start lying to cover up their own blunders rather than admitting it like a man.

i have to admit i've never liked americans and have found a large proportion of them bull****ters and full of hot air and this experience has done little to change my general view on the majority of them.

give me the aussies any day.

andy.

STM's Viking Warriors
Wideboy

Post by STM's Viking Warriors »

No holding Andy back as always... :idea:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

STM's Viking Warriors wrote:No holding Andy back as always... :idea:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

do feel kind of sorry for them even though it's largely their own fault.

however the attitude we haven't made any money out of this so s crew you is hardly likely to endear :wink:

andy

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

I tend to agree with John and Andy. I don't trust anything they say or do. This project hasn't paid off for them for sure but they weren't running it out of the goodness of their hearts and as such they have a responsibility to behave professionally.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

yes own goal!!!!!!!!

it's a fantastic hat trick of sheer incompetence from the american idiots.

in a superb victory of incompetence over common sense thay have again proven themselves to be the masters of incompetence in fantasy games despite a tremendous effort from the sun/times.

these boys will take some stopping in the incompetence derby as they have gone clear.

must now be a great chance of a 6-timer of oops i did it again incompetence from the american idiots!

andy

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

Shame you didn't offer me those odds Andy! Not much more to add, apart from it will be relief when this season is over and I hope that they don't come back next season so I won't be tempted to play.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi mike,

any idea if they changed the scores last week for the crouch come lately fans.

guess we have the same scenario for anyone who brought in man city and charlton defenders after half time.

andy

Minor
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Minor »

I don't know Andy but I doubt that they have.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

ok oops i did it again take 4 in a row, i'll have to phone tom again and ask if britney is running it. time to sue them if you think you've lost cash i guess or report them as a ltd company trading fraudulently :shock:

andy

alan-m
Cheetah

Post by alan-m »

12345678 wrote:ok oops i did it again take 4 in a row, i'll have to phone tom again and ask if britney is running it. time to sue them if you think you've lost cash i guess or report them as a ltd company trading fraudulently :shock:

andy
Thats probably Tom Sullivan you spoke to. I used to work in customer service in Soho for fanball.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi alan,

sorry you lost your job there. much more important than fantasy games. hope that you have found something much better to do than work for fanball :wink:

all the best,

andy

alan-m
Cheetah

Post by alan-m »

12345678 wrote:hi alan,

sorry you lost your job there. much more important than fantasy games. hope that you have found something much better to do than work for fanball :wink:

all the best,

andy
Cheers.

Yep, found something which pays much better than £16k. :D

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

thats good news alan,

i tried to contact tom again but was told he was 'in a meeting' and left my number explaining the further mess they have created and my concerns about 'cheating'. it might be worth us getting our heads together and seeking some advice from the american based fiso guys on taking action against them now if nothing is done as they seem to be treating us with contempt. i was told my cheque for the last quarter was on it's way even though i have never asked and i took it that was to try to deflect me from what i had 'phoned about.

they are aware of ALL of the issues but simply choose to ignore them.

as i used to say to my clients there is no point burying your heads in the sand as sooner or later someone from the revenue is going to come along and kick your a*rse. i feel i can see a big american a*rse just waiting to be kicked :wink:

if this is not sorted by the end of the week with missing scores included and clocks rolled back for the last 3 weeks and the current round re-opened i think it is time to start looking at ways of making formal complaints outside of fanball.

all the best,

andy.

alan-m
Cheetah

Post by alan-m »

Many people worry about receiving their cheques/winnings etc, when us UK guys where working at fanball, I can honestly say all the problems we had over late payments, bounced cheques etc were all genuine problems. Fanball were always committed to paying out winnings.

But I dont care anymore. I've been chasing them for a reference for ages now and they dont even get back to me.

Next time anyone manages to get Tom on the phone in the US, tell him Alan is trying to get hold of some one @ funtechnologies UK for a reference. :wink:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi alan,

sorry but not surprised to hear that. i will bring it up if you like.

i agree with you someone will get paid. what i am more worried about with all the scoring lash ups is that the rightful winners get paid rather than just people putting in players from the first halves of games that scored well because all the lockdowns are wrong.

i don't trust this lot at all now and whilst i doubt you know of any ways of complaing outside of fanball please PM me if you do.

thanks,

andy

alan-m
Cheetah

Post by alan-m »

[qii]
Last edited by alan-m on 17 Apr 2007, 19:01, edited 4 times in total.

STM's Viking Warriors
Wideboy

Post by STM's Viking Warriors »

Fanball is a complicated mess but to be honest myself and Alan know that the reason for the games actual failure lies not in America but in London where the wrong decisions and attitude was held by those in control... There were those who also worked at Fanball that actually said to me "i'm not working weekends, I need a social life" This was a guy who wanted to work in football... makes you wonder eh. This guy is still working in football, allegedly and contributes his limited fantasy knowledge in FISO :roll: Getting back to it the Fanball guys in America are top notch and I guess you can't blame them for wishing it to go away but they are very reputable state side and they will endeavour to pay out Im sure.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi STM,

good to hear from you again. i've now started to talk with them and tom was in agreement to get to the end as professionally as possible then get out. the problem is even he was aware of the problems and how to sort them but not only has this not been done but further problems he was aware of have occurred.

whilst he seemed a decent guy and seemed genuinely shamefaced by it all, the performance even allowing for being stateside is far from top notch.

if they are aware in advance of impending errors yet still DO NOTHING when they are pointed out to them there is really little to feel sorry for them about.

that said i am sure you are right that they are good in the usa and have been dropped in it by blunders in the uk. they have however failed to professionally get to the end of the season.

hope all is well with you,

andy

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

hi everyone,

just come off the phone from speaking to jason. tom is apparently attempting to get everything put right and tonights and wednesday games are to be included with those of the weekend just gone. he is currently trying to put the wheels in motion to correct all the other issues.

alan i did ask about your reference and got a slightly positive response and jason said he would ask tom but i wouldn't hold your breath, but i did try for you.

all the best

andy

alan-m
Cheetah

Post by alan-m »

12345678 wrote:
alan i did ask about your reference and got a slightly positive response and jason said he would ask tom but i wouldn't hold your breath, but i did try for you.
Cheers. Appreciated.

Graham76
Kevin and Perry

Post by Graham76 »

Hope at last, (global?) email sent out tonight:

"Dear Fantasy Football Challenge Participant,

We are aware of several issues that have been affecting the Fantasy Football Challenge contest and we are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible. We have resolved the issue affecting team display; you can now login and view your team lineup. As you may be aware we experienced an issue with rounds locking approximately 1 hour later than scheduled for Round 27, 28 and 29. To preserve the integrity of the game we are in the process of reverting rosters to reflect the team submitted at the time the round was scheduled to lock. In addition to reverting rosters for these three rounds we will also be reprocessing round scoring. Once rosters are reverted and scoring is reprocessed we will be verifying all prize winners and providing winner notification. We expect these corrections to be completed by Saturday, April 21. We apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused."

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

yep definatly sounds hopeful!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fanball Sky Sports (Game ceased)”