To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 26th, 27th and 28th September

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Saturday 26th September

Brighton & Hove Albion 12:30 Manchester United

The Saturday lunchtime fixture is Brighton versus Manchester United at the Am Ex. Last weekend Brighton were victorious on the road whereas Man U lost in their first game of the season, at home to Palace . This fixture will be the same as the upcoming Carabao Cup match as both sides qualified last mid-week.

Crystal Palace 15:00 Everton

The sole 3pm game features high-flying Crystal Palace welcoming even-higher-flying Everton to Selhurst Park. Both teams are undefeated so far this season and have looked good in their games so far. Calvert-Lewin scored a hat-trick last weekend and Wilf Zaha has also been in the goals recently. Has everyone noticed that Palace's Mitchell is a potential defensive enabler?

West Bromwich Albion 17:30 Chelsea

Chelsea travel to the Hawthorns for the 5:30pm game. West Brom have not settled into life in the Premier League very well, but they do have a game-playing, goal-scoring enabler in the shape of Diangana in midfield. Chelsea have a whole host of new players to bed into the team, the latest is a new goalkeeper - Mendy. Havertz scored a hat-trick in the Cup on Wednesday.

Burnley 20:00 Southampton

Saturday's late game is takes us to Fortress Turf Moor where Southampton are the visitors. The Saints are in the bottom three at the moment so you might want to avoid having a Saints block defence, but Danny Ings up front bagged a brace against Spurs last weekend. Burley have only played one League game so far this season which they lost to Leicester.

Sunday 27th September

Sheffield United 12:00 Leeds United

By 'eck, Sunday's early game is a Yorkshire derby featuring Sheffield United against Leeds United. Sheff U have been poor so far this season - joint bottom, no goals scored and Egan went for an early bath last time out. Leeds have had no trouble scoring goals (or conceding them! For: 7, Against: 7) and are sat comfortably in mid-table.

Tottenham Hotspur 14:00 Newcastle United

The Sunday 2pm match has Newcastle travelling to London to take on Spurs. The Magpies recorded a record-breaking win in the Cup in mid-week with even Joelinton getting on the scoresheet. Tottenham recorded a good win against Southampton last time out, didn't play in the Carabao Cup due to Covid but were in winning Europa League action on Thursday. Son is one to watch.

Manchester City 16:30 Leicester City

Manchester City welcome Leicester to the Etiad for the 4:30pm game. Man City won their first League game of the season last Monday and won against Bournemouth in the Cup in mid-week though apparently they only have 13 fit senior players (one of which is not Aguero). This could be a tough game though as Leicester are top of the League on goal difference and are undefeated so far this season.

West Ham United 19:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers

The 19:00 fixture is West Ham v Wolves. The Hammers have lost both of their opening fixtures so will be hoping for a home win tonight. Wolves are sat in mid-table after suffering their first loss against Man City. Jimenez is already on two goals for the season and will be looking for more here.

Monday 28th September

Fulham 17:45 Aston Villa

The late Monday afternoon fixture takes us to Craven Cottage where Fulham welcome Aston Villa. Both of these teams have come up through the Championship play-offs in recent seasons. Fulham are currently in the bottom three after a couple of defeats. Aston Villa however have won their only League game so far, a game in which Emi Martinez save a penalty and Konsa scored.

Liverpool 20:00 Arsenal

The weekend's big match is the Monday Night Fixture with Arsenal travelling to Anfield to take on Liverpool. The Champions have been performing well in the League and brushed Chelsea aside last Sunday, they also recorded a high-scoring win in the EFL Cup. Arsenal are above Liverpool in the League on goal difference thanks to a meaner defence and the goals of Lacazette.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Re: TFF chit chat 26th, 27th and 28th September

Post by Mins »

Nice one. Some great match ups this weekend and some great opportunities to flange.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Mins wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:13 some great opportunities to flange.
Pleased to see it's now a verb too :D

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

morganb wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 09:37 Burnley 20:00 Southampton

Burley have only played one League game so far this season which they lost to Leicester.
As we no longer have the Rufty Tufty boys from the Potteries, are we getting the Hurley Burley boys from Turf Moor? :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Buster wrote:
Mins wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:13 some great opportunities to flange.
Pleased to see it's now a verb too :D
It isn't. It is only a noun.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Just in case you haven’t received it yet, the Telegraph email this week is highlighting that Harry Kane and Raul Jimenez are good players to have in your team.

Mind. Blown.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:Just in case you haven’t received it yet, the Telegraph email this week is highlighting that Harry Kane and Raul Jimenez are good players to have in your team.

Mind. Blown.
I particularly liked this gem:
"TFF Tip: Be careful not to use too many early transfers trying to catch every big score. This was a record-breaking goal scoring weekend which should revert to the mean. There is a long season ahead and transfers will be needed going into April and May if you want a good chance of succeeding in your mini-leagues and overall."

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

I should have started paying attention to these updates a long time ago. Kicking myself.

ChrisMBV
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF 21/22 - single entrant rank 463

Post by ChrisMBV »

These Telegraph emails are written by Andrew Fergi, Head of content at fantasy football hub. TFF is his favourite platform and he has very solid insights!

His articles over at ffhub are more in depth.

His content genuinely helps me get sub 10k to sub 4k each year.

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Jesus is channelling his inner Aguero and is out for three weeks

ChrisMBV
Treebeard
FS Record: TFF 21/22 - single entrant rank 463

Post by ChrisMBV »

Holy smokes. I almost put Jesus in last week.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I often almost turn to Jesus. Luckily not this time.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Canaryfan wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 21:08 Jesus is channelling his inner Aguero and is out for three weeks
I’d guess that means Sterling plays “the false 9” then? I have exactly zero Raheem Sterling’s.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Jamjack wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 21:37
Canaryfan wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 21:08 Jesus is channelling his inner Aguero and is out for three weeks
I’d guess that means Sterling plays “the false 9” then? I have exactly zero Raheem Sterling’s.

Is this when they play a bloke up front but he's to little and falls over to much to be called a centre forward? :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Doesn't have to be little just has to be the most central "forward" but one who drops back to the centre circle and never gets near enough goal to get the chance to score. Sometimes has nice teeth. Commentators coo over their play. Overpriced in TFF.

See Firmino, Bobby.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Oh cynical....It’s footballing wizardry and tactics that I couldn’t possibly understand.

I do seem to remember Raheem doing quite well in this role for a spell when Aguero was injured (NO!) and Jesus wasn’t trusted.

Far too much for my brain but I think you are right about the teeth.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

If City have really.got only 13 fit first team players it takes away the rotation risk they normally come with.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:If City have really.got only 13 fit first team players it takes away the rotation risk they normally come with.
Hmmmm. You just know your 2 will be numbers 12 and 13.

Not literally these days. Proper shirt numbers. Black boots. Jumpers for goalposts. Hmmmmm

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

So assuming that I’m not the only person here who didn’t jump on KDB and/or Sterling and/or Foden and/or ANO or two v Wolves then who are people ditching this weekend? For me it’s a choice of Son or Bruno and I’m leaning on the latter after MUs slow start. Loathe to ditch both as Andrew says it’s a long season and I shouldn’t use all my transfers chasing points....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I've generally just got KdB as a season longer. No real benefit ditching anybody that I have as they are equally good picks.

Have no Brunos but if Utd are crap at lunchtime you could sell him.

Have the odd Foden where I would have bought Greenwood if he had started last week.

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Only chew for me this weekend is bringing in Diangana. At his price he opens up so many other possibilities elsewhere. Wont be doing this in all teams as I can't see I good reason for dumping anyone. Only issues is if he gets injured and then the transfer hemmoraging begins.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

I have only one Bruno and will watch the lunchtime game with interest. Does feel a bit early to jump off but could be a route to Sterling and KDB in the same team for me. I’m not sure about the “sharing penalties Rashford” chat. That would be a bit annoying.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Pretty happy with my teams after last weekend's tinkerings and 2 for 0 completions - despite a lack of points.

May look at some injury doubts (Lallana, Tierney) or bringing in Greenwood but that is about it, hopefully, with an(other) international break looming.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Brighton XI: Ryan; White, Dunk, Webster; Lamptey, Lallana, Alzate, March; Trossard, Connolly, Maupay.
Man United XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelöf, Maguire, Shaw; Pogba, Matic; Greenwood, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just the one enforced change for Brighton from the 3-0 win over Newcastle. Yves Bissouma is suspended following his red card, so Adam Lallana comes in to try and haunt United again. It was his late goal that earned Liverpool a draw at Old Trafford last season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer names what is essentially his strongest Manchester United XI, making three changes from the team that lost their opening game to Crystal Palace.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka replaces Timothy Fosu-Mensah at right-back, Nemanja Matic comes into midfield in place of Scott McTominay and Mason Greenwood is in attack, with Dan James dropping out.

(not sure how a 'strongest' team includes Lindelof....)

PrinceRupert
Treebeard

Post by PrinceRupert »

Greenwood playing is good, but I did intend to switch him for Foden...

Still not sure what to do with Marcal.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

PrinceRupert wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 11:53 Greenwood playing is good, but I did intend to switch him for Foden...

Still not sure what to do with Marcal.
To me Greenwood is at least as good a pick as Foden as he'll be rotated less (when Citeh get more than 12 fit players).

Just bought him into 1 team (for injured Pablo Hernandez) and hopefully that is me done for the weekend (stay tuned....). Might get him for my Eggcup team but timing is better next weekend (get 2 Pereira games before selling).

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

I was thinking Gomez to Greenwood, but I was too close to the deadline and didn't want to be the guinea pig for timings. Is Gomez now fit?

I've just realised I have four unused teams that I can use to test this though.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Gomez is supposed to be back in training. Not sure he'll start as Fabinho is good there. Probably depends on whether Klopp wants Fabinho in midfield with Henderson out. Thiago v Gomez really.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

United look quite easy to cut through. Both posts clipped now whilst the defence stood off.

Bruno yellow ticket...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”