To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tammy Abraham

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.

Tammy Abraham - stick or twist?

Stick with him and hope he's back soon
75%
Haller
No votes
Pukki
8%
Wood
8%
Maupay
8%
Adams
No votes
Wesley
No votes
Ayew
No votes

Total votes: 12

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Tammy Abraham

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

Mortified that he's missing a home fixture against West Ham, but there we go. Potentially more too, hard to know at this point. Feels likely that he'll miss a few games at least.

So - stick or twist, and if twist, who for (assuming a striker in that ballpark)?

My poll ain't gonna be perfect - I can't have a mid as in 352, and no way I'm having Mousset, as I'm a Wednesday fan

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Re: Tammy Abraham

Post by morganb »

Ch. Wood - so long as a stays fit he is probably the best scorer on your list. Not sure of your budget, would be tempted to add Ings to the list as he is scoring well. Or stick.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ings?

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man

Personally I can only reach 4.7. Half wondering if Pereira at the back might be a solid and unspectacular pick while Abraham is out (already have 3 Leicester at the back)

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Ive got Tammy and Aguero to change.

Think will go for Bats and Jesus until they both return

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

Anyone thinking Jimenez?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

ventosus wrote:Anyone thinking Jimenez?
Don't like any other cheap strikers so him or a midfielder depending on budget.
If replacing Aguero with Kane I don't add much to the pot to help.
Will work it out later.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

I'm currently playing 4-3-3 and have a Tammy replacement budget of 4.7.

Don't fancy the strikers in that range so switching to 4-4-2 instead, narrowed it down to Maddison and Zaha. Should prob go with Maddison, he's performed better so far, Lei are flying, they still have a good short term fixtures and I think he's due a haul.....but ignoring the data I've just got a hunch and my tea leaves are pointing me towards Zaha.

Lei seem to be spreading the points across their team more this year but Zaha is central to Palace. I've already got 3 Lei players (Vardy, Soyuncu, Chilwell) so am already pretty exposed to a guaranteed bad week if Lei have an off-day, and this gets worse if I up my contingent to 4.

Palace have had a nightmare recent run of fixtures that have just finished, and are about to embark on a dreamy set of fixtures right through until mid January. The transfer window opens in January and I'm sure after being denied a move in the summer, Wilf will be keen to remind other managers what a shiny New Year present he would be for a team. And he scored his first goal of the season last week against Liverpool and seemed back to his best.

Having written all that and convinced myself Zaha is the way to go, I've surely completely Murray Walkered myself, and Zaha is going to do zilch and Maddison is going to have a stormer, so I'd advise others to go for Maddison :D

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

The injury doesn’t seem to be that bad. Are most people changing or is it worth sticking. I have enough to bring in Ali or Moura. Or if I bring in Pulisic I will have enough to get Tammy back in for enough under performing player when he returns. I am tempted with Ali. What do you reckon?

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

morganb wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 15:36 Ch. Wood - so long as a stays fit he is probably the best scorer on your list. Not sure of your budget, would be tempted to add Ings to the list as he is scoring well. Or stick.
I think I'm sticking but this isn't a bad call as he has two home games even if Abraham comes back for the game next Saturday. Palace and City.

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

cnkp21 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 08:35 The injury doesn’t seem to be that bad. Are most people changing or is it worth sticking. I have enough to bring in Ali or Moura. Or if I bring in Pulisic I will have enough to get Tammy back in for enough under performing player when he returns. I am tempted with Ali. What do you reckon?
Is that Alli? He doesn't seem a nailed on starter, and Tottenham may still shows signs of 'Newmanageritis' - i'd be looking at Maddison around that price, started all games and on form personally and teamwise... or Mahrez if you want to risk an is he/isnt he player ;) i've got some extra funds so tempted by KDB if he plays....

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Darbyand wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 09:13
morganb wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 15:36 Ch. Wood - so long as a stays fit he is probably the best scorer on your list. Not sure of your budget, would be tempted to add Ings to the list as he is scoring well. Or stick.
I think I'm sticking but this isn't a bad call as he has two home games even if Abraham comes back for the game next Saturday. Palace and City.
If I do anything I’d do this. Mahrez starting in the early game might give me a wobble but I can’t afford anymore risky changes.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I might buy someone like Pulisic but would need to see if I could afford to sell anyone else (scoring worse than Pulisic) to get Abraham back.

At least I know I have a little budget at the top end as I am never, ever, ever, ever buying another £7m striker this season.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

murf wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 10:37 I might buy someone like Pulisic but would need to see if I could afford to sell anyone else (scoring worse than Pulisic) to get Abraham back.
Yes, I'm drawn to this approach too. I can do Abraham to Pulisic today - and then Mount to Abraham once he's starting again.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Buster wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 11:17
murf wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 10:37 I might buy someone like Pulisic but would need to see if I could afford to sell anyone else (scoring worse than Pulisic) to get Abraham back.
Yes, I'm drawn to this approach too. I can do Abraham to Pulisic today - and then Mount to Abraham once he's starting again.
Sounds like a plan.

The fantasy gods will have other ideas though and will surely screw you over one more time before you can carry it all out.....

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 10:37 as I am never, ever, ever, ever buying another £7m striker this season.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 11:27
murf wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 10:37 as I am never, ever, ever, ever buying another £7m striker this season.
Get your new year resolutions in early!

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 11:41
Jamjack wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 11:27
Get your new year resolutions in early!
I could feel the passion in the words

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

@murf I'm with you on that!

Still undecided but think KDB for me (and Kane for Aguero) as per the other thread. Though the Pulisic plan is now making me reconsider.

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man

Lot more votes for "sit on hands" than I expected, but I've burnt through transfers already (don't ask...), so it might not be a terrible thing to wait and see, rather than risk having to use two for hardly any gain

Sounds like we won't have the full picture till at least Monday, but I think it's clear that there's no obvious great striker replacement in my budget. If it's genuinely long term, one game isn't the end of the world to miss out on, especially when it's not like there's one player I'll d be looking at thinking "it would have been them!" should some random smash a load in this weekend

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Pulisic has looked the most dangerous of CFC attacking players IMO so at 0.1m cheaper and an extra striker spot freed it looks a no brainer to me.

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

Pulisic it is for me. Cheers guys

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

cnkp21 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 14:46 Pulisic it is for me. Cheers guys
Yes i did the same

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

1 x Ings and a whack of 3rd Lpool Defender. .

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man

Already got Pulisic! 🙈

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

blahblah wrote:1 x Ings and a whack of 3rd Lpool Defender. .
I’m slipping him in a couple.....Image Image

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I did get Pulisic (and Kane) in most teams.

Went Jesus in one. That went well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

happyhoppy wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 15:05
blahblah wrote:1 x Ings and a whack of 3rd Lpool Defender. .
I’m slipping him in a couple.....Image Image
The season starts now with my Lpool 3. Robertson next 😉

cnkp21
FISOhead

Post by cnkp21 »

ventosus wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 09:23
cnkp21 wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 08:35 The injury doesn’t seem to be that bad. Are most people changing or is it worth sticking. I have enough to bring in Ali or Moura. Or if I bring in Pulisic I will have enough to get Tammy back in for enough under performing player when he returns. I am tempted with Ali. What do you reckon?
Is that Alli? He doesn't seem a nailed on starter, and Tottenham may still shows signs of 'Newmanageritis' - i'd be looking at Maddison around that price, started all games and on form personally and teamwise... or Mahrez if you want to risk an is he/isnt he player ;) i've got some extra funds so tempted by KDB if he plays....
Glad I listened to you and didn’t go Alli 😩

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man

Oops!

Alli looks to be right back in the groove in recent weeks.

Interesting that Chelsea struggled so much without Abraham up top, wonder if there was any updates post-game? I imagine they want him back in ASAP after this result. I have the option of sticking Evans or Pereira in for him, but it's a bit of a tinker unless I know Abraham is out for at least 3 games. I can live with a non-premium-price player being out for a couple of weekends so long as the rest of my team does OK.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”