To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 20th, 21st and 22nd September

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Re: TFF chit chat 20th, 21st and 22nd September

Post by Stevieste »

Zinchecnko simply being rested for a week after playing most games this season already.

Zinchenko will start against Everton and Mendy be on the bench and Angelino go back to not being in the squad again until needed in cup game against poor opposition

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Stevieste wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 23:27 Zinchecnko simply being rested for a week after playing most games this season already.
Zinchenko will start against Everton and Mendy be on the bench and Angelino go back to not being in the squad again until needed in cup game against poor opposition
This is my take on it too, though would have been better if they weren't playing in the late kick-off on Saturday (and on the Sunday of the following week)

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 22:03
Jamjack wrote:My take is that Mendy is back from a loooong time off. Zinc is getting a rest. At worst they will share pitch time whilst Mendy is eased back BUT...It is never usually long between injuries for Mendy. Hold for me.
So Mendy plays 45 mins in the league and Angelino comes on at HT. Mendy eased in, Zin gets a rest. Fair enough.

Midweek league cup and Angelino starts. Fair enough, give him match practice. Mendy comes on after an hour for more easing in. Again fair enough for those 2 but....

Where the hell is Zinchenko? Has to have some form of knock or niggle to get 2 games off - or am I paranoid??
I think Saturday should see Zinc return Murf. I’m not worried yet but if Mendy stays memded we will need a plan.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Even if he starts saturday the warning sirens are going off.

I have no plan....

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:24 Even if he starts saturday the warning sirens are going off.

I have no plan....
When we agreed to select him, I distinctly recall you taking the responsibility for coming up with a plan.

I kind of need him to keep playing or I’m looking at a 2 transfer situation and I’ve been a little heavy handed in that department so far.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

My plan involved us buying that cheap defender who emerged by the time Zin was dropped, he would be playing regularly at a big club that was keeping clean sheets.

The real problem is sifting through that long list of candidates and getting the right one.

SPR
Dumbledore

Post by SPR »

I see Emerson is out for at least a month.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

SPR wrote:I see Emerson is out for at least a month.
Emerson and KWP were on the shortlist to replace Zinchenko. Not sure what is putting me off them first, the fact their teams are rubbish and not keeping CSs or the fact they are broken. I think it is mostly the former.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Zinchenko is currently in all my teams (including FPL - yes, hanging my head in shame as I've gone over to the dark side this season)

If needed, my favoured replacements are:

SOYUNCU - he plays Sunday so that let's me see the Zinchenko situation first. LEI have some pretty good fixtures coming up and this puts an extra 0.9m in the kitty. Handy for where I want to get Abraham in soon
OTAMENDI - where funds allow. At least I'd get to see if Zinchenko starts on Saturday evening, before jumping
MOUNT ( Sunday 6th) - in the few teams that don't already have him, and where formation permits it. This option lets me see three Man City line-ups to get the lie of the land
(other midfielders to consider at 3.0 / 3.1 are McGinn, Lamela, McNeil)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Both my Zinchenko afflicted teams also have Lanzini so I could get a real cheapie in for one to upgrade the other - but they both already feature Cantwell and a cheap (2.0) defender so I'll really be overdoing the enablers a tad!

One is the eggcup where I have cash for doing Jota to KdB. Could keep Jota and buy KdB and a 2nd cheap defender in a 3 man defence :shock:

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Therein lies my worry. I could end up with a 3 enabler situation that will undoubtedly end badly and cost me another 3 transfers to reverse out of.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Got to rip it all up again. Lanzini is (probably) back.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 13:55 Got to rip it all up again. Lanzini is (probably) back.
Quite happy with that. Stems my transfer bleeding. For now.....

Mane has lost his little red square too. I could have a chance of racking up more than 26 points this weekend.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”