To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Champions league and championship

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
czabby
Wideboy

Champions league and championship

Post by czabby »

Sorry if this is the wrong place but just found out the telegraph will not be doing championship or champions league this year..a bit gutted! Does anyone know of any alternatives for these..i seem to remember uefa used to do a champions league game.....speaking as someone who has done this from day one and get the weds paper and send a postcard era i loved the new games....cheers

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Re: Champions league and championship

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

That’s a shame if true😞. Where did you hear that czabby? I saw on TFF Twitter that there were polls on championship and CL games 19/20. Think the option of a comp involving 16 top European teams in both domestic and European CL and I assume Europa narrowly beat CL only game in the poll (though don’t know how many voted). I googled TFF 19/20 and it said £15k pot which is significantly smaller than last season (again if true).

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

czabby wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 22:53 Sorry if this is the wrong place but just found out the telegraph will not be doing championship or champions league this year..a bit gutted! Does anyone know of any alternatives for these..i seem to remember uefa used to do a champions league game.....speaking as someone who has done this from day one and get the weds paper and send a postcard era i loved the new games....cheers
As for possible CL game then dream team may do one again🤷🏽‍♂️ I say that coz there is a £100k shortfall of the £250k prize pot so I assume it will either be a DT Europe game (which is excellent though sometimes not that many players are listed from the less popular teams) or a euro 2020 game to make up the £100k. Or both🤷🏽‍♂️

czabby
Wideboy

Post by czabby »

They told me on fb messenger..not big enough take up im afraid

Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Post by Art Vandelay »

They killed off the championship game themselves by launching so late last year. How many entries were they expecting for a game that's only available a few days before the kick off?! By the time it finally launched, anyone looking for a Championship based game would have already looked, assumed there wasn't anything, and entered a Premier League one instead. Nobody''s expecting one to launch with four days to go!!

There seems to be zero promotion or advertising so they're relying on word of mouth and people who played it last year. And even from those who played last year they're going to be about 10% down just on the people who are on holiday in the small window available to enter. Maybe there isn't enough interest but it would have been nice if they'd given it a few seasons, with a sensible amount of time to enter, to find out. Put it this way, they wouldn't have got fewer entries by launching several weeks earlier.

And while I'm ranting about that.....I don't understand why they're often so late launching the Premier League one either. They've been running basically the same game for 25 years yet it's like it takes them by surprise every time. They must have already lost hundreds of entries from people doing mini-leagues who've already signed up to FPL or whatever instead.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

If it's only a 15k prize pot - then they ain't getting a penny from me and I normally buy a package of 8 teams every season.

Pathetic prize pot - I really hope they missed a 0 off the end by mistake.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 06:43 If it's only a 15k prize pot - then they ain't getting a penny from me and I normally buy a package of 8 teams every season.

Pathetic prize pot - I really hope they missed a 0 off the end by mistake.
30F64403-43F4-4A57-BD52-A1AAFD371908.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

I’ll still play if it’s a £15k pot as I still enjoy the game and I like that the cost of players has gone up eg salah now 7.0, Liverpool defenders expensive etc but it’s a big dip in prize money from last season as Adrian Frost won £40k. Hopefully as Graham says they’ve made a mistake and it’s more especially if you consider they’ve got Golden boot, best starting xi side games too as part of the pot

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Used to be 100k...

Sounds like they killed their own CL and Championship games just like they killed off TFFO. Just paying lip service to the game til it faded and they could quietly dump the body.

The only ones to blame for the diminishing prize fund are the punters. Everyone expects everything for free in the digital world or as part of a fixed price contract (spotify, netflix prime etc). Nobody wants to pay for any individual items like CDs or FF teams so the dull FPL rules. I don't get it. Even £5 a team for 9 months 'fun' is great value.

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Merlins_Apprentice »

15k now - free game, max 5 teams - shame , was my fave

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

The Irish Times do competitions that are available to play globally. The British Fantasy games are residential only. They have been restricting their own market.
I'm with Murf on this one, the work that goes in to producing these sites and functions, whilst they ask for peanuts.
I like the prize money being lower for the fact it takes the 'professional players' out of the game. Having said that, I'm on the just one team side.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”