To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

tff vs the others

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Re: tff vs the others

Post by Canaryfan »

murf wrote: 18 May 2019, 11:14 The weekly e-mail did worry me with the line "we already have many exciting changes in store for 2019/20."
Absolutely, my heart sank to previously unplumbed depths when I read that!

Bucks womble
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bucks womble »

Given the criticism of certain second KCs, why not adjust the points for them? Keep 3 pts for the direct ‘assist’ and just have 2pts for a KC?
Other than an additional five at the back option, I hope things don’t change too much - this game is great because of its simplicity, lack of captains/ bonus points, fixed budget and ‘playing the fixtures’ not fixed game weeks. IMVHO, of course!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

murf wrote: 18 May 2019, 11:14 Only change (apart from less transfers) I'll suggest is wrt formations. Ideally I'd fix it at 442 but if they want choices then they should be proper choices and so include 541.
Despite being frustrated several times last season that I couldn't make the transfer that I wanted to do because 5-4-1 wasn't allowed, I think that this would be a bad idea or otherwise the leader board would be monopolised by teams with this formation. In fact a change that I'd advocate would be for defenders to be increased in price relative to midfielders and strikers.

But my main request would be for the overall budget/player price relationship to be tightened up considerably. In recent years the budget has been far too generous. I know the argument that not being able to have a team of stars who they've actually heard of would put off some punters, but these are probably the players who've forgotten about their teams by October anyway.

Another change would be to have paid for leagues which don't have a limit on the number of teams, and in which all the fees go into the prize fund. The number of entries which Sky got this season in such leagues shows that the demand exists. Their four such leagues attracted entry fees of over £70,000. In theory I'd like to limit the number of teams to one per league per person, but we all know that there are always a few scumbags who ignore the spirit of a game when they can circumvent the rules with their granny's/girlfriend's etc teams. This is better than the One Leagues as free entry for a decent prize only encourages such scumbags.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

541 should be a valid option.

Tweaking the prices to get an even PPM across the board should be done (or remove the defender bonus point they introduced a few year's back to the same effect) so all players and formations are equal options on day 1.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”