To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer Position

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.

How Many Transfers Do You Have Left in Your Most Important Team?

30+
No votes
25-29
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
4%
7%
No votes
22%
7%
15%
4%
4%
15%
<10
22%

Total votes: 27

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Transfer Position

Post by Canaryfan »

With 28 weeks gone we are over two thirds of the way through the season. I've noticed that I've had to make between just 3 and 5 transfers in my teams for injuries, which seems lower than in seasons past, so I have 19 transfers left for those last 13 weeks.

How are your transfer resources going in your best/most important team?

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Re: Transfer Position

Post by mysteryshopper »

Not quite sure what my most important team is. I'll say 8 left but it will only stay my best team if wolves score well.Think it's in the top 50

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Been burning a few lately as I was relatively transfer rich. Not gained that much and need to do a little more tweaking over next week or two to get team back in line. 13 left in main team which is realistically nearer 10. Had been top 1k, dropped to nearer 2k and now dragged up to 1.5k. Top 1k is easily achievable but can't see me getting top 100 which is my usual aim.

Got other teams with more but doubt they'll be able to close the points gap.

Rust
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2008/09 TFF 4th, TFFE 2nd 2009/10 Star 17th, 2012 TFFEC Country League Winner & 25th overall, 2015/16 TFF 63rd

Post by Rust »

murf wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 15:04 Been burning a few lately as I was relatively transfer rich. Not gained that much and need to do a little more tweaking over next week or two to get team back in line. 13 left in main team which is realistically nearer 10. Had been top 1k, dropped to nearer 2k and now dragged up to 1.5k. Top 1k is easily achievable but can't see me getting top 100 which is my usual aim.
Wow, weren't you top 1k around Christmas with over 30 transfers left? So, 20 transfers used in 2 months for a loss of 500 places in the table. :shock:

Maurizio Sarri might not be the only manager in danger of being sacked. :wink:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I tried something different this season based on my experience in the sky game last year. I had 20 odd transfers after the Feb overhaul, if you are familiar to the game you know it's when you can make unlimited changes, what I found was the opportunities to get extra games out of transfers was very limited compared to mid december up till the Feb overhaul.
My idea this season was to pick my starting X1 and use very few transfers up till December, 8 was my allowance for injuries and just obvious picks that had better options elsewhere based on performances and value.

Without checking I think I basically stuck to it within reason and splurged out between Dec to Feb, I probably wasted 2 or 3 but definitely seemed to hit points scorers the majority of the time.

I'm now sat in 2nd with what I hope is enough transfers to see me through but definitely less than some on the leaderboard no doubt.
But, I look at my current team and the fixtures up till the start of April a see no real opportunities to use transfers to the same effect as I did Dec to Feb!
Maybe this could change but I'm not convinced having 15 plus transfers at this stage of the season is as important as maybe in the past.
Fa cup replays no longer exist and prem teams generally don't play a 'prem' team either so you may see a 3 or 4 for 1 etc on the fixture table but it often fails to work out as such due to rotation etc.

My theory anyway😁

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Post by mysteryshopper »

Are you over or under 10 transfers left?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I would love to say🤐

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

I didn’t plan it that way but having checked my best team history, my transfer profile quite closely follows ronny10 but far less successfully as Im in around 300th place. Might be something in the theory.

The big thing that also jumped out of my review was wasting 8 transfers on doing a Kane hokey kokey. 8! I made very few points from any of those. If I’d gained even 50 points from those changes I’d be comfortably into the top 100 with decent momentum.

Now I am really annoyed at myself. Who brought this subject up... :oops:

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Canaryfan »

Jamjack wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 21:44 Now I am really annoyed at myself. Who brought this subject up... :oops:
Sorry Jamjack!

I usually waste loads of transfers on the Aguero Hokey Cokey, but this year, so far, he has only been in and out for a total of 2 transfers, which is scarcely enough of a hokey cokey to get a party started :mrgreen:

Kane has cost me more transfers this year and that will be added to imminently!

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Canaryfan wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 22:22 Kane has cost me more transfers this year and that will be added to imminently!
Don’t do it! Be strong. Ever since the stories started about his possible return this weekend I’ve been reminding myself that he hasn’t looked like the points machine of previous seasons all year. If I had any discipline I’d stick to my one forward set up. But I don’t so who knows...

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I just checked and I was more disciplined that I thought. I made my first 2 transfers on 23rd sept and 2 more on 5th Oct.

My 5th transfer was the start of my binge on 16th Dec.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

In comparison another team of mine that is in the lower end of the top 100 but was my best team pointswise up until 2 or 3 weeks ago had used 20 transfers to the same point (16th dec) :shock:

It was caught reasonably easily by my now best team.

I did use this team purposely to chase early points but it's clear the best time to do this was later!

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Canaryfan »

Jamjack wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 23:07 Don’t do it! Be strong. Ever since the stories started about his possible return this weekend I’ve been reminding myself that he hasn’t looked like the points machine of previous seasons all year. If I had any discipline I’d stick to my one forward set up. But I don’t so who knows...
49 points in his last 6 games wasn't too shabby! But past performance is no guide to future........

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

I always seem to use more transfers than I'd like between Christmas and Feb.

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

Being second is a really great position to be in. This is the first time I’ve played the telegraph (well played the world cup, so not strictly true) and have come to realise that you need to be tight in using transfers. I’ve wasted too many in the early part of the season, but took a big hit with the Everton v City being moved forward (already started transferring out City players) and when I dipped back in for the double game week gambled on KdB instead of Kun.

Really pleased in being 20th, and fingers crossed that I have enough transfers (7) to hold onto leading the mini-tournies. Been really good fun playing and good to have FA cup to make the strategy different to the other games.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

Darkish wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 14:47 Being second is a really great position to be in. This is the first time I’ve played the telegraph (well played the world cup, so not strictly true) and have come to realise that you need to be tight in using transfers. I’ve wasted too many in the early part of the season, but took a big hit with the Everton v City being moved forward (already started transferring out City players) and when I dipped back in for the double game week gambled on KdB instead of Kun.

Really pleased in being 20th, and fingers crossed that I have enough transfers (7) to hold onto leading the mini-tournies. Been really good fun playing and good to have FA cup to make the strategy different to the other games.
I am the giver of glad tidings. You're 19th in the one that counts

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Darkish wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 14:47 Being second is a really great position to be in. This is the first time I’ve played the telegraph (well played the world cup, so not strictly true) and have come to realise that you need to be tight in using transfers. I’ve wasted too many in the early part of the season, but took a big hit with the Everton v City being moved forward (already started transferring out City players) and when I dipped back in for the double game week gambled on KdB instead of Kun.

7 will be touch and go..... I hope

devilsweep
FISOhead
Location: Up to my neck in it so don't expect loads of posts from me !! Aint got time to type !!
FS Record: 2nd TFF 2015/16, 3rd TFF 2011/12, 2nd TFF Champions League 2011, Centurions winner 2014/15 / 2017/2018 and general Cash League genius

Post by devilsweep »

I'd say most of the Top 100 have 13 or under and an average of 8....

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

If the purpose of this thread was to make people feel better about having relatively low numbers of subs (like me) then it has done the trick. "Only" having 12 subs in my single entrant team going into March doesn't seem so bad now. For now, anyway...

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

It really is all about how you use any extra transfers. I brought in a player into one of my teams three games ago and he's given me 2 points 😡

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

buttonphobic wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 13:10 It really is all about how you use any extra transfers. I brought in a player into one of my teams three games ago and he's given me 2 points 😡
Jota does that to you....

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I guess that the overall remaining transfer count will fall slightly after today's injuries. A few more days like today and it could get really interesting for those already into single figures. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”