To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 10th, 11th and 12th August

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Thought I would wait until the window had slammed shut before posting this.

Welcome back everyone.

Friday 10th August

Manchester United 20:00 Leicester City

The first fixture of the 2018/19 season is a Friday Night Fixture which sees the Foxes visiting Old Trafford to take on Manchester United. Leicester have been weakened by the loss of Mahrez but have made a couple of signings. Both teams may have a couple of their World Cup stars missing for the next week or two, and Mourhino who has also been moaning about not having many new players come in during the recently slammed transfer window.

Saturday 11th August

Newcastle United 12:30 Tottenham Hotspur

Saturday's early fixture features Newcastle playing host to Spurs. Harry blew the world's doors off during the World Cup but he only returned to training earlier this week so might not start here. Newcastle have brought in Rondon over the summer and Tottenham have brought in no-one (no, not Craig Noone - no-one) however Poch is quoted as being happy not moany.

AFC Bournemouth 15:00 Cardiff City

The Welsh Wizards from Wales have been relegated, long live the newly promoted Welsh Wizards from Wales! Cardiff have a trip to deepest, darkest Dorset to take on Bournemouth. Apparently the Bluebirds are favourites for relegation but facing Bournemouth might not be too onerous a start to their Premier League journey.

Fulham 15:00 Crystal Palace

Henry Higgins! It's only the first game week of the season but 'ere we 'ave the first London derby of the season. Newly promoted and big spending Fulham take on Palace at the Cottage. Zaha has been troubling for a move recently but looks to have remained at Selhurst Park. Mitrovic, amongst others, has joined new boys Fulham.

Huddersfield Town 15:00 Chelsea

Chelsea are under new management but didn't really perform particularly well last weekend in the Community Shield, however since then they've bought a new 'keeper and shipped out the old one. They have also loaned in Kovacic. Huddersfield may suffer from second season syndrome and their form at the end of last season was poor, no big signings to report.

Watford 15:00 Brighton & Hove Albion

Up at Vicarage Road, the seagulls are the visitors. Brighton have spent big this summer however I would be hard pressed to name anyone they've bought! Watford will be hoping for a good start to the season and appear to be able to field a full team of defenders. Expect both teams to be closer to the bottom than the top come May.

Wolverhampton Wanderers 17:30 Everton

Saturday's late match features another newly promoted team taking on a team with a new manager. Wolves are tipped as being the new team most likely to succeed. Everton will initially be quite difficult to predict, especially with a coach load of new recruits all recently signed.

Sunday 12th August

Liverpool 13:30 West Ham United

Sunday kicks off with a game between Liverpool featuring Mo Salah against West Ham who have Arnautovic up front. Liverpool have improved greatly over the summer and should challenge well for the title now the goalkeeping situation is sorted. The Hammers are an unknown quantity for now.

Southampton 13:30 Burnley

Down in deepest darkest Hampshire, Burnley are back from their Europa League travels to fit in a match against Southampton before they jet off again. Teams in the Europa often struggle but Burnley have done some team investment this week. Southampton are rumoured to be continuing from where they left off last season and nobody can predict their starting lineup.

Arsenal 16:00 Manchester City

And finally, the one you've all been waiting for... Dick's Arsenal versus Pep's City. Both these teams will be hoping to be up the top at the business end of the season. There may be a couple of notable absentees due to World Cup participation though. A few comings and goings for both teams over the summer.

Good luck and don't forget to get your entries into the various FISO side games that are on offer-

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=128190

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Good to have you and your write ups back. :)

Huddersfield did actually break their transfer record when signing Terence Kongolo from Monaco. Although not huge when compared to some of the other clubs spending, it’s a pretty big signing. Image

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: TFF chit chat 10th, 11th and 12th August

Post by Spinynorman »

Nice one morganb. :)

Game on and good luck to everyone. :)

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Nowhere near enough hoals.

A hoally unsatisfactory state of affairs.

Great to be back guys. I'm totally "stoked" for another season of hope and excitement up until the point where I'm dangerously low on transfers in February and give up a few weeks later.

EDIT: I've also noted the distinct lack of rufty tuftyness.

Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010

Post by Eddie Elbows »

Welcome back Morgan et al. New season, new stratagies.
Let's get Eddie to rumble. . . . .

phils69
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF 5th placed overall 2009/10. Fiso Super League Winner 2009/10. Otherwise pretty average!

Post by phils69 »

So who is going to risk leaving entering a team until 2.15pm on Saturday?

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

It’s back! Says something about me that this is the happiest I’ve been in 2 months...

Good luck for the season all.

Phils69 - I’d have been all over that if Man C and Liverpool been playing 3pm Sat.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Good to have your write-ups back morganb and good luck to all who sail in the good ship fiso tff. :)

Now, back to ridiculous team tinkering... :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:It’s back! Says something about me that this is the happiest I’ve been in 2 months...

Good luck for the season all.

Phils69 - I’d have been all over that if Man C and Liverpool been playing 3pm Sat.
Only team I can enter late (damn sidegame rules) is my traditional Liverpool block so may get them all in to be eligible for the starting xi prize!

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Post by buttonphobic »

Good luck everyone. Wonder who is gonna be this years should have ads and wish I hadn't hads. Mkhitaryan and King maybe!

Swizs
Treebeard

Post by Swizs »

buttonphobic wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 20:39 Good luck everyone. Wonder who is gonna be this years should have ads and wish I hadn't hads. Mkhitaryan and King maybe!
I wonder how many weeks everyone will hold onto Jota if he isn't scoring...

It'll be like Gross last year, couple of blanks, ditched him, then he scored loads of points!

Ayns
FISOhead
FS Record: MotW winner week 8 2011, MotW winner week 6 2012, MotW 2nd week 5 2013, MotW =1st week 17 2013 :-(

Post by Ayns »

Thanks Morganb and welcome back all.

Don't think I'm going to enter TFF this season for the first time in many years due to loss of interest, poor prize structure, disillusionment with footy in general, and general grumpiness ;-)

I'll still probably pop in to read the weekly previews

Best of luck everyone :)

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Can't work my head around all the transfer ins and outs as well as WC resters. I have a Man City fan telling me none of the WC gang will get a full rest :shock: and a Tottenham fan telling me all of theirs will get the week off. No doubt the truth may lie somewhere between those 2 extremes.

Will feel more on top of this once this weekend's games are done, but for now playing it safe with sure must-starts.

Good luck everyone.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

Given all the uncertainty, I wonder if there is some advantage to be had by waiting to select a team until tomorrow when we get more team news, or even until Sunday? I recall last season I had a couple of people in my works league who were tardy (no toher reason) and didn't enter teams until the Sunday of the opening weekend but ended up being top 5 that week as Tottenham and Man Utd had great results on that day.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Definitely an advantage. Unfortunately, every single super league or side game I'm involved in requires teams to be entered by 8pm tonight.

I will enter a couple more seasonal teams tomorrow and I suppose with the glut of transfers we have now, should a selection not play, it's not the end of the world using one or two transfers to get starters in.

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

Nice one Morgan B .The season is back- Bring it on !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

When it comes to picking teams late it's a shame that one of the more unpredictable line ups is also the final Kick off.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

How do you join one of the One Leagues? When I go to leagues there are options to join on all choices but not on The One Leagues. :?

I was going to have a £5 dabble. :)

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Spinynorman wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 12:21 How do you join one of the One Leagues? When I go to leagues there are options to join on all choices but not on The One Le2agues. :?

Click on leagues and there is a option at the top right of the screen for one leagues, not obvious to navigate :?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Still can't see it maybe I'm not a season ticket person?

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

Hadn't realised the One League required an extra payment this year. Stuff that!

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Canaryfan wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 12:43 Hadn't realised the One League required an extra payment this year. Stuff that!

I thought that as well but then relented but seeing as I can't figure out how to join perhaps my chances wouldn't be that great anyway. :roll:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Having mooched about a bit it would appear that my problem is a season ticket thing.

Looks like I will have to disband my starting 11 team and the couple of leagues with mates that I have set up won't be in all competitions. :roll:

WhiteHartPain
FISOhead

Post by WhiteHartPain »

Welcome back all!

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Has anyone else suddenly found an extra TFF credit in their account?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

pottster wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 12:24
Spinynorman wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 12:21 How do you join one of the One Leagues? When I go to leagues there are options to join on all choices but not on The One Le2agues. :?

Click on leagues and there is a option at the top right of the screen for one leagues, not obvious to navigate :?
Deadline next sat wait for your best team?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

robot wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 16:27
pottster wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 12:24

Deadline next sat wait for your best team?

I think even then the option wouldn't be there.

......or it could just be me. :oops:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

I don't think I've ever known a season start as hectic as this one! Players late back from the world cup - why is the PL kicking off this early? Friday night game. Transfer deadline ended last night.

Aye yai yai!

Tom QC wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 15:45 Has anyone else suddenly found an extra TFF credit in their account?
Yep :)

phils69
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF 5th placed overall 2009/10. Fiso Super League Winner 2009/10. Otherwise pretty average!

Post by phils69 »

Tom QC wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 15:45 Has anyone else suddenly found an extra TFF credit in their account?
Super League Winner last year?

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

I don't remember being quite so unsure about my teams this close to the start before. Usually it's just a choice or two between a couple of players, this time I'm not even sure about a formation.

However, good luck everyone!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”