To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Enablers 18/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Vesalius73
Wideboy
FS Record: Tff Fiso Euro Super 7 (2016) 1st

Re: Enablers 18/19

Post by Vesalius73 »

happyhoppy wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 12:59 WRT Saints:-

Stand out VFM picks elsewhere Redmond at £2.8m is interesting as he came back strong under Hughes and our two new signings should get plenty of minutes in Armstrong at £2.9m and Elyounoussin at £3.1 probably the greater risk of rotation early on as he settles in. JWP is likely to be rotated too much to be value.
Highlighting this paragraph to point out Armstrong - he will be an enabler for me in a few teams. As much as he’ll be a virtual unknown he has been strong player for Celtic in recent years including the CL. I’ve watched him mature into a great player since arriving from Dundee Utd. He is full of energy, never stops, will create some and score some. How he adapts to life in the EPL is anyone’s guess but from what I’m reading about his pre-season form he has hit the ground running. At £2.9m, a decent mid

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Agree, he looked very good Wednesday night too. Niggling doubt in my mind as to how likely he is to start week in week out which makes Vestergaard a safer starting pick possibly but if you need a midfielder he’s probably worth the risk.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

happyhoppy wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 08:50 Agree, he looked very good Wednesday night too. Niggling doubt in my mind as to how likely he is to start week in week out which makes Vestergaard a safer starting pick possibly but if you need a midfielder he’s probably worth the risk.
Added to this, in Scottish football fantasy games he was one of those players who can look great but you don’t see that reflected in his points total. He wasn’t a £2.9m enabler in that game though so it’s all relative.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

I'm on the fence with Soton this year. Last year I, & i suppose many others, got burnt with what looked on paper a very favourable start for a half decent side. As it turned out they were a very long way from a half decent side. On the 1 live game & the 2 full games i watched on TV Redmond looked like he couldn't hit a barn door with an elephant gun at 5 yards and Long looked he didn't know where the barn door was.
Having said that Soton have 2 of the 4 budget(ish) newcomers that are interesting me the most, with Ely being top of that list. If in my own mind i'm confident he starts game 1 he's in my team.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 317th all time career high TFF finish

Post by T-boy »

Coady is the definite stand out for me. He was classed as a mid in the championship game last year so didn't benefit from any clean sheet points. If he was classed as a def he would have been at least 100 points better off. That appears to be the only reason why he's less money than other Wolves defenders.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

T-boy wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 15:01 Coady is the definite stand out for me. He was classed as a mid in the championship game last year so didn't benefit from any clean sheet points. If he was classed as a def he would have been at least 100 points better off. That appears to be the only reason why he's less money than other Wolves defenders.
I cannot help but agree. Barring any major signings, he should be locked into a starting role every week and I doubt that the potential offensive returns will be worth investing the extra £.5m to upgrade to Boly or Doherty. That £.5m is potentially better spent elsewhere.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Not sure when he was added but the confusingly named Jonny Castro Otto the new Wolves left wing back is on at 2.6m. As J Otto. In their team today.

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/10257 ... 48161?s=09

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

Darbyand wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 15:09 Not sure when he was added but the confusingly named Jonny Castro Otto the new Wolves left wing back is on at 2.6m. As J Otto. In their team today.

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/10257 ... 48161?s=09
He was added no long after he signed. He is fully expected to start all season for Wolves given that Douglas has gone to Leeds. Not a bad price but it known to collect yellow cards. Has averaged 9 per season over 4 years in La Liga and also seen two reds in that time.

Donut
Wideboy

Post by Donut »

What about Schlupp at CRY? Has been playing as part of a front three while listed as a defender at only 2.9m.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

happyhoppy wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 08:50 Agree, he looked very good Wednesday night too. Niggling doubt in my mind as to how likely he is to start week in week out which makes Vestergaard a safer starting pick possibly but if you need a midfielder he’s probably worth the risk.
Guy has ability but he couldn’t get in the Celtic side regularly last year. Bit of a luxury player, capable of producing but often frustrating.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Donut wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 11:12 What about Schlupp at CRY? Has been playing as part of a front three while listed as a defender at only 2.9m.
Palace have made a couple of signings this week so not sure how this will impact Schlupp.

Clueless65
Treebeard

Post by Clueless65 »

Clarification required please. I keep getting emails asking me to become a Season Ticket holder. I bought a Season ticket for the World Cup and was under the impression that it was "carried over". I have ten teams (got bored with World Cup FF and only entered 3 teams in the end). Surely I am already a season ticket holder?

Any thoughts or solutions? Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Enablers 18/19

Post by Maldini »

I’ve been getting them whenever I enter a new team. Click into the link and I’m not eligible.

They’ve made a right pigs ear of the launch and purchase of teams this season.

Why they just don’t make it £2 a team is beyond me.

Redrum2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SDT JM ELITE LEAGUE CHAMPION 2021

Post by Redrum2 »

morganb wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 11:22
Donut wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 11:12 What about Schlupp at CRY? Has been playing as part of a front three while listed as a defender at only 2.9m.
Palace have made a couple of signings this week so not sure how this will impact Schlupp.
I thought Palace have been playing 4-4-2 in pre season with Schlupp on the left of midfield.
Think I prefer spending a bit more on getting Van Aanholt at 3.2m.

Donut
Wideboy

Post by Donut »

Redrum2 wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 14:33
morganb wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 11:22
I thought Palace have been playing 4-4-2 in pre season with Schlupp on the left of midfield.
Think I prefer spending a bit more on getting Van Aanholt at 3.2m.
Looks like LM/LF at times. After some more digging, the consensus seems to be that he might start the season but would be a rotation risk and definitely not a sure thing

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Billy Stark wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 11:17
Guy has ability but he couldn’t get in the Celtic side regularly last year. Bit of a luxury player, capable of producing but often frustrating.
He was cack Sat like the rest of our shower of shite. No idea what to make of Saints atm. :?

harrrrrrry
FISOhead

Post by harrrrrrry »

Perez as a striker at 3.4m is tempting if he goes to West Ham

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Midlander wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 18:25
Jamjack wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 18:09 I tried a Southampton block with one team last year - that didn’t end well. Their early fixtures this year suggest it might be worth another try....

Pre-season results don’t support the idea but pre-season doesn’t always tell you much. Is this worth punting a credit happyhoppy? I’m going to try 6 different blocks this year. Bournemouth and Burnley are the other contenders for the credit for context.
What about Palace? First fixtures are Fulham, Liverpool,
Watford, Southampton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Wolves. They'll be top half come November. Fancy Zaha for a few points in that run aswell.
It’s taken me a while to remember who planted the seed in my head to add a Palace entry to my block teams. I added a Southampton block (good start but still not convinced) and a Palace block (went credit shopping to get me to 10 blocks :oops: ) in the end. Given the Palace block also delivered 3 assists on top of the clean sheets I’ll thank Midlander and Happyhoppy for the expanding my plan! Cheers chaps.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Jamjack wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 22:25
Jamjack wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 18:09 I tried a Southampton block with one team last year - that didn’t end well. Their early fixtures this year suggest it might be worth another try....

Pre-season results don’t support the idea but pre-season doesn’t always tell you much. Is this worth punting a credit happyhoppy? I’m going to try 6 different blocks this year. Bournemouth and Burnley are the other contenders for the credit for context.
Watford, Southampton, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Wolves. They'll be top half come November. Fancy Zaha for a few points in that run aswell.
It’s taken me a while to remember who planted the seed in my head to add a Palace entry to my block teams. I added a Southampton block (good start but still not convinced) and a Palace block (went credit shopping to get me to 10 blocks :oops: ) in the end. Given the Palace block also delivered 3 assists on top of the clean sheets I’ll thank Midlander and Happyhoppy for the expanding my plan! Cheers chaps.
:D I hope for your sake you're still saying the same in a few months mate.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Midlander wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 23:04
Jamjack wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 22:25

:D I hope for your sake you're still saying the same in a few months mate.
My blocks for these teams (as opposed to City/pool/Chelsea) where always on a 5-8 week strategy/gamble before reversing out. I’ve already prepared myself for the bad news when Palace play Liverpool next weekend :lol:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

No obvious midfield options presenting themselves in the first weekend to me. No-one under £3m scored more than 2 points. Redmond being ditched in the final warmup game made me take him out of several teams. He started on Sunday but they seem to have a few options in that area so that might turn out to be the right decision long term. Plenty of defensive options looking like regular starters.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Darbyand wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 09:45 No obvious midfield options presenting themselves in the first weekend to me. No-one under £3m scored more than 2 points. Redmond being ditched in the final warmup game made me take him out of several teams. He started on Sunday but they seem to have a few options in that area so that might turn out to be the right decision long term. Plenty of defensive options looking like regular starters.
Redmond was probably our most effective attacking player, looked much more like the player we signed. If we play 442 with El Yo and Redmond on either flank I think these two will be great VFM.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”