To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wheels have come off! Help.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
gerrardyoubeautyson
Treebeard

Wheels have come off! Help.

Post by gerrardyoubeautyson »

Morning

I’m in trouble! I had a 109 point lead on my work colleagues at Christmas. They are closing very fast and the gap is down to 38 points.

Hoping they don’t read this but what would you do?

16 transfers left.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Re: Wheels have come off! Help.

Post by mad dog »

What’s your team?

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Similar thing happening to me in my league. My overall rank is remaining constant however. My reading of it is that most teams are pretty similar (Kane, Aguero, Salah, KdB, Sterling etc) but that my 'punts' (rhyming slang) are currently not as good as theirs (for example I have Son and Walcott- not my finest picks, but no Hazard or Firmino), so after the cup weekend I shall be reassessing, and probably looking at a couple of other punts...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

16 transfers you can maybe gamble a bit on FA Cup games too. Maybe if transferring out somebody underperforming go via someone starting in an easy FA Cup game (eg Vardy last night...) and then get your new player in when they next play. Just 1 extra transfer for a bonus chance.

All depends who you do and, maybe more importantly, don't have. Hard to tell from here!

I've found I've been climbing nicely with the standard picks and a range of solid players filling the other gaps (eg no risky blocks or mad punts) with the odd bonus game tinker to use my excess transfer store up. How is your overall league position changing? If you are climbing OK and your mates are still catching then it is probably because they are burning transfers.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Reckon you should look at the Swansea back line

Pretty cheap and not very popular

Wait 10 minutes for team news though

ChazzyAthletic
Treebeard
FS Record: Currently not knowing what to do

Post by ChazzyAthletic »

16 tfrs left you’re not in trouble. There’ll be plenty of opportunities to daisy chain over next three months. As someone else said, Swansea defenders are an option. Mawson starts today. And as somebody else mentioned, others are burning transfers trying to catch you 😜

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Mawson may be injured now 😕

Go for the Van man

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

jimwinn wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 12:09 Mawson may be injured now 😕

Go for the Van man
Naughton in now so also a good pick but Van Man has played in every cup game so must be in better shape and less likely to be rested / rotated later???? Maybe.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

Maybe but they are playing 5 at the back now and the Horne has also got the odd goal

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

While you have 16 subs, I doubt those persuing you have anywhere near that many. If I was you, I wouldn't rush into anything. City will have nothing to play for in the PL in a months time so you'll be wanting to ship their players out. Plus one or two major injuries to the big players everyone has and you'll be in a much better position than them. The opportunities in the FA Cup have not been plentiful this season. Believe me, I have tried a few and failed.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”