To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Daniel Sturridge

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
theclash
Treebeard

Daniel Sturridge

Post by theclash »

Seems like Sturridge will be rotated after all with the signings of Lambert and Remy. Sturridge was one of the first names on my team sheet by with the signing of Remy Dzeko, Aguero & Costa are beginning to look more appealing.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Re: Daniel Sturridge

Post by Backlash »

Can't see Sturridge not being 1st choice.
All "top teams" have at least 3/4 strikers, Dzeko, Aguero & Costa are just as susceptible to rotation.

bigmac
Treebeard

Post by bigmac »

Liverpool need extra strikers they're in the ch lg. Sturridge will still be the main striker and play many games in the prem for an alternative if Sanchez plays wide left for Arsenal then Giroud is looking good for game time.

portugal7
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 98/99; 08/09; 10/11; 11/12; 13/14. AFL Dream Team preliminary finals 12/13, league runner up 13/14

Post by portugal7 »

yep: Sturridge and Giroud up front for me. Suprised Giroud is not more popular...

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

The Sanchez hype has clouded over the fact that Giroud is actually in fact an even better proposition than last year! Giroud was the 2nd highest scorer last season and with only the Ox and possibly Cazorla sometimes able to play on the left then it's highly likely Sanchez will play on the left which is great for Giroud! I'm angling away from Sturridge towards RVP as my 2nd striker along with Giroud.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

aye..... podolski not got much of a left foot on him :roll:

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yorkshire Exile wrote:aye..... podolski not got much of a left foot on him :roll:
Well not enough to push for a start week in and week out.

How many starts last year 20?

Henry Chinaski
FISOhead

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Backlash wrote:
Yorkshire Exile wrote:aye..... podolski not got much of a left foot on him :roll:

how many weeks out injured 10?

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

he scored in 21 weeks of last year and ended up with 103 points....

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Violin wrote:
Backlash wrote:

how many weeks out injured 10?
14 prem starts, I might be wrong he was not injured for nearly 2/3 of the season.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yorkshire Exile wrote:he scored in 21 weeks of last year and ended up with 103 points....
With Sanchez there he may only score in 14 weeks next year.....

Henry Chinaski
FISOhead

Post by Henry Chinaski »

from wiki
On 24 August 2013, Podolski netted his first goals of the 2013–14 season, scoring twice for Arsenal away at Fulham in a 3–1 win.[32] However, he was injured in his next match in the Champions League qualifier against Fenerbahçe and was ruled out for 10 weeks.[33] Podolski returned for Arsenal against West Ham United in a 3–1 win on Boxing Day, scoring the team's third goal in the 79th minute
Out Sept, Oct, Nov and most of Dec.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Good research....He was out for 10 weeks-around 12 prem games.

So around 1/3rd of the season :lol:

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

Literally the forgotten man! I'm sure Podolski will get a few starts in the cups but mainly he'll sub in the Prem unless a few injuries occur. Sanchez surely is nailed on to start left wing / inside left just as Hazard does for Chelsea.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Wenger could do a Lôw and play ozil left side. Leaves the 10 role for sanchez or cazorla or ox assuming walcott gets the right side....

Lots of good options for wenger which is the fantasy managers nightmare - which is the point i was trying to make. Not sure any of the arse front 6 are nailed on

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

Whatever formation is played Giroud is the only ready made CF so will start the season just as so. Sanchez may be destined to swap with Giroud in the future but not immediately and by then Giroud may well have gone on a rampage. All speculation though off course!

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

Agree on Giroud, there is little chance of Sturridge being rotated, i would say

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Backlash wrote:Good research....He was out for 10 weeks-around 12 prem games.

September, October, November, December 26th equals 10 weeks :?

Henry Chinaski
FISOhead

Post by Henry Chinaski »

Giggs11 wrote:
Backlash wrote:Good research....He was out for 10 weeks-around 12 prem games.

September, October, November, December 26th equals 10 weeks :?
Baffled me as well. Wikipedia clearly states he returned on Boxing Day.

Backlash or Wikipedia? One of them is wrong... :lol:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

The Backlashian calendar.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Some of the info on here is brutal, this thread is only one example. Only games Sturridge is likely to miss is the odd FA Cup game as long as he's injury free.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Billy Stark wrote:Some of the info on here is brutal, this thread is only one example. Only games Sturridge is likely to miss is the odd FA Cup game as long as he's injury free.
Early doors, yes. Could lose his place to Remy or somebody if his form dips but you'd want to sell him by then for getting you few points anyway.

jonesbones
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFE Winner 2011, 3rd in Sky Sports FF 2013, 3rd in Daily Mail 2011

Post by jonesbones »

Billy Stark wrote:Some of the info on here is brutal, this thread is only one example. Only games Sturridge is likely to miss is the odd FA Cup game as long as he's injury free.
Sturridge is, of course, a good pick, but surely there's a good chance that Lambert or Remy will start up top against, say, Burnley (H) when they have a big Champs League game on the Tuesday night :?:

Fudge Brownie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Fudge Brownie »

The most brutal case was the Rat scandal!!

Went into every one of my teams last year, this board led me to thinking he was going to be the greatest enabler of all time. Unofrtunately he never reached those dizzy heights :( He barely even reached the football pitch!

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

jonesbones wrote:
Sturridge is, of course, a good pick, but surely there's a good chance that Lambert or Remy will start up top against, say, Burnley (H) when they have a big Champs League game on the Tuesday night :?:
I'm not saying i'd rule that out but only surely if they have started well in the league and it's game 5 or 6 of the group stage where qualification is on the line / knockout phase in which case you can level that at pretty much every striker from last season's top 4? Liverpool have to try and establish themselves as a top 4 club. I'd have thought that EPL games would take priority over most CL games this season??

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

And some RMT are honking :mrgreen:

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

Vid's is about the best i've seen :mrgreen:

Henry Chinaski
FISOhead

Post by Henry Chinaski »

So if Liverpool were to replace Suarez with a top quality big name striker, you would have Remy and Sturridge fighting for the second striker position, in the same way Dzeko and Negrado do at City and then you have Jovertic as further cover, Liverpool's further cover is Lambert.

As it stands now Sturridge is nailed on, but are they happy to replace a striker from the very highest level with Remy and Lambert alone?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I think the answer is yes. Origi is rumoured but won't arrive til next summer.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Violin wrote:from wiki
On 24 August 2013, Podolski netted his first goals of the 2013–14 season, scoring twice for Arsenal away at Fulham in a 3–1 win.[32] However, he was injured in his next match in the Champions League qualifier against Fenerbahçe and was ruled out for 10 weeks[33] Podolski returned for Arsenal against West Ham United in a 3–1 win on Boxing Day, scoring the team's third goal in the 79th minute
Out Sept, Oct, Nov and most of Dec.
Just used your info :roll:
Last edited by Backlash on 22 Jul 2014, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”