To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Are this Spanish team the greatest of all time?

A forum for discussion on International Football matters not involving fantasy issues.

Spain best ever?

Poll ended at 21 Aug 2012, 09:10

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 25

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Are this Spanish team the greatest of all time?

Post by trampie »

Giggs11 wrote:
trampie wrote:
Giggs11 wrote:Winning a World Cup anywhere is a great achievement and also dominating a continent for 6 years is an even better accomplishment imo.
Yes a great achievement but winning a South American world cup would top the other 3 wins.

Do you think Spain will lift the WC in Brazil ?

Who knows but they have to be amongst a select few who have a realistic chance.
It`s out of Spain Brazil Argentina and Germany for me.
I will go with the those 4 teams you mention for the semi's, I don't disagree with the bookies which is a Brazil v Argentina final with Brazil winning and Spain and Germany losing in the semi's.
Just shows what a good chance the South American teams have in South American when their teams are expected to contest the final, although Spain have won 2 Euro's and a World cup they are still seen as having a less chance of winning this WC than Brazil and Argentina.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

Spain failed the acid test of can they win a World cup in South America .

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

The Dutch have been the best ever performers on this continent. They seem to like it there. However I expect some more scincilating performances and them to be robbed yet again when the crunch comes.

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

trampie wrote:Spain failed the acid test of can they win a World cup in South America .
I don't think it has anything to do with it being in South America - it's just a matter of timing. If the 2010 World Cup would have been in Brazil I still think they would have won it and lost this one, wherever it was played.

You can't say they failed 'the acid test', as if winning it in South Africa was just a warm-up. :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Internationals Football Talk & Events”