To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

No Hiding Place

A forum for discussion on International Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

No Hiding Place

Post by morganb »

No Hiding Place
Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?, Series 1 Episode 7 of 13
Bob and Terry are desperate not to know the result of the England v Bulgaria football match, but with eight hours to go will they succeed in their mission?
So, the big day has arrived : England v Wales at 2pm

As I'm at work I've decided to do a "Likely Lads" and try not to find out the result until I get home and watch the match on catch-up. This means no internet, no radio, no Evening Standard, no people at work/home telling me the score - could be a bit trickier than in Bob and Terry's day!

So, what are everyone's plans for the day - Have you got the day off? Watching it on-line? Radio?

Anyway, hopefully England can get a good result and all this effort will not be in vain

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: No Hiding Place

Post by murf »

I find not having a job helps immensely... but life isn't that simple.

Got a sparky working on my house today who left home at 6.30 so he could get done and back by 2. Also got a window/ door bloke coming round soon. Expected 'between 12 & 2'. Hope he is a footie fan and in a similar hurry. Probably get them both out of the door just in time and BT will come round to fix my phone and interweb (been down since my brickie cut through the cable on Tuesday... having to surf t'web in the garden as mobile signal is poor inside). Just as long as Sky keeps working....

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Morgan, is there a way of contacting you if, and only if, it's postponed because of fog? :wink:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

:lol:

Does anyone else remember the Ant and Dec remake of this episode? I had a vague recollection but had to Google it just to make sure!

Have to be careful - only 25 minutes to kick-off

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Well, I managed to watch the match without knowing the score.

There were a couple of nearly misses though -

once when going down a corridor at work and a girl came out of a side office but just before the door closed she stopped and call back into the office " oh, I forgot to ask chaps, what was the score in today's match?" After this I sprinted away so didn't catch the answer.

The other was on the station when in the pause between songs (i had my music on all the way home) I overheard "...I. just wish he could play like that for United" so I assumed Rooney had scored.

Anyway, England got a good result and Roy did the substitutions he should have done against Russia.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

This has just started on the Yesterday channel

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Internationals Football Talk & Events”