To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Electric usage

A forum for matters involving finance (incl. business and money issues) and shopping (incl. consumer rights).
Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Re: Electric usage

Post by Knulpuk »

It is set out on your bill / on line statement

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

stuboy wrote:
Also, stupid question for everyone else - how do you all know what your usage is? Is this via online/app or are you taking meter readings every day (especially if you know how much your usage is when you're away on vacation?

electricity is just 2 meter readings divided by the number of days between them.

gas is the units used x 1.022640 (correction factor) x 39.3 (calorific value, may vary between areas) / 3.6 (volume conversion factor) divided by the no of days between readings

all the unit info appears on my bill, I just have to divide by the number of days between readings.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

stuboy wrote:
Surprised wrote:
I use around 5-6Kwh per day for a one bed flat.
Lights don't use much and main usage would be washing machines, dryers, fridges etc.
Even if I'm away for a few days I use about 2.5 due to fridge and freezer
Surprised - who supplies your electricity? We've got Nuon but I want to try and shop about - but have no idea where to start. Is there an equivalent of uswitch in Amsterdam/NL?

Also, stupid question for everyone else - how do you all know what your usage is? Is this via online/app or are you taking meter readings every day (especially if you know how much your usage is when you're away on vacation?

I use Nuon. I just get daily usage by dividing annual usage by 365.
I think there are cheaper suppliers but the market here is nowhere near as competitive as in the UK

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Hmm - smartmeter reckons I've used 34KwH so far today. Might have to have a word with er indoors

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

unc.si. wrote:Hmm - smartmeter reckons I've used 34KwH so far today. Might have to have a word with er indoors
Noone is listening to me....its all these bloody smartmeters using the 'leccy :wink:

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Bunners wrote:
unc.si. wrote:Hmm - smartmeter reckons I've used 34KwH so far today. Might have to have a word with er indoors
Noone is listening to me....its all these bloody smartmeters using the 'leccy :wink:
It's a cunning plan from the leccy board. Give em all 7kw smart meters :lol:

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

unc.si. wrote:
Bunners wrote:
Ker....Ching 8-)

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Bunners wrote:
unc.si. wrote:
Bunners wrote:
Ker....Ching 8-)
Jimmy Ching?? It's all falling into place. Just part of 'The Plan'.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Stick a bigger dynamo on your bike unc, pop it on a pedalpro indoor trainer and hook it up the mains. That should sort Nottingham and Derby for leccie.

I've thought of this as a solution for the obesity issues for the PS generation - if you want to play the PS you have to peddle your own power.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Financial & Shopping”