To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dodgy Builder

A forum for matters involving finance (incl. business and money issues) and shopping (incl. consumer rights).
Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Dodgy Builder

Post by Edmondson »

Just had a small extension built.

We needed planning permission just for a small section of roof which linked to the garage.

At the start, the builder said he'd applied, but will get granted so fine to crack on. I chased up the planning office and found no application had been submitted. Confronted him, and he tried to bullshite his way out if it, but did then submit and it got granted 8 weeks later.

Last week he said all finished and building control / regs had been signed off. I called the surveyor he uses to do the inspections, and they said they hadn't done final sign off.

He now wants his final payment. We have asked for building control sign off and planning documents.

He says you don't get anything from planning, just refer to their website. Doesn't seem right. He is still saying he had building control signed off 2 weeks ago and certificate takes a month to come through. He is lying. Have been told it should take a week.

Anyone that knows this area well, can you tell me exactly what I should have in my hand before final payment goes out?

He was recommended by 2 lots of friends, who when we asked half way through our build, conceded that they hadn't got their building regs certificate yet!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Financial & Shopping”