To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

refreezing iceream

A tasty forum for discussion on Food & Drinks topics
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

refreezing iceream

Post by Surprised »

I took a pack of Magnums from the freezer and ate one but stupidly left the box with a magnum inside on the table and left it for 2 hours or so. When I realised I put it back in the freezer. I assume all this rubbish about not refreezing thawed ice cream is rubbish? I mean it's a Magnum and it'd be devastating to have to throw it out. Eating it when it has refrozen can't do any harm surely?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Re: refreezing iceream

Post by jimmy ching »

Not as effective as a real magnum

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

but a lot tastier

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

I got the worse food poisoning of my life eating re-frozen ice cream. I even knew it was off when I ate it it but I was so hot (46c and I walked from the center of Alexandria to Fort Qaitbey in jeans) I felt I had to. The next morning the jeans were caked in a white crust which I assume to be sweat.

If you ever stay in the hotel Cecil and they offer you the Omar Sharif room. Turn it down there is now way that lavatory survived.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Just eat them :roll:

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

blahblah wrote:Just eat them :roll:
What he said...if it tastes good it'll be fine.

(If you die, we'll buy you a bench)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

sted wrote:
blahblah wrote:Just eat them :roll:
What he said...if it tastes good it'll be fine.

(If you die, we'll buy you a bench)

A sturdy bench

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Surprised wrote:I took a pack of Magnums from the freezer and ate one but stupidly left the box with a magnum inside on the table and left it for 2 hours or so. When I realised I put it back in the freezer. I assume all this rubbish about not refreezing thawed ice cream is rubbish? I mean it's a Magnum and it'd be devastating to have to throw it out. Eating it when it has refrozen can't do any harm surely?
I doubt if it would do you any harm after only a couple of hours.

But it won't taste the same, consistency will be messed up, will probably have ice crystals in it. Done it myself before :lol: .

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Took a bite and it was all just wrong. Tasted OK but not as good and it was not creamy like icecream should be. I sadly had to let it go. I have a few more in the freezer so I will get over the tragic loss in time.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

My thoughts are with you.

Do you not have any neighbourhood kids you could give them to in exchange for washing your car?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Think of them more as Vanilla Sorbet and eat them you big tart.

There are starving children, what would they think of you throwing them out?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

sted wrote:My thoughts are with you.

Do you not have any neighbourhood kids you could give them to in exchange for washing your car?

It was only a lone magnum as I had consumed the rest and I don't have a car and walking the streets offering children a bite of a melted ice cream might be frowned upon.
This is a time when having a child of my own would be beneficial as I could eat the fresh Magnums and they could test whether the dodgy Magnums cause food poisoning.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

This is where you must wish you lived in the states so you could shoot a few people to get over any annoyance.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Surprised wrote:It was only a lone magnum...
Tricky Tree wrote:This is where you must wish you lived in the states so you could shoot a few people.
Timing is everything :lol:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

Tricky Tree wrote:This is where you must wish you lived in the states so you could shoot a few people to get over any annoyance.

If they did deep enough research maybe the loss of a much loved ice cream is ultimately behind all the mass shootings in the States

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I wish you lived in the States, and you were taking about re-freezing your Magnum condoms.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

This threads been going nearly 2 days and no-one's pointed out that it says 'refreezing Ice Ream', not Ice Cream

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserRe ... lands.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Food & Drink”