To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

We're all going on a summer holiday

A forum for discussion on Travel, Holiday & Leisure subjects.
bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by bspittles »

Only time I've been to France or Spain, I've taken the train. Lovely relaxing journey from London to Nice :-) A slightly longer journey from France to Madrid travelling overnight. Waking up to the mountains in Northern Spain was fantastic.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Half term in Cala D'or, Majorca, next week and a bucket and spade holiday in Tenby planned for August. Have never been to the latter so if anyone has any top tips I'm all ears.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Darbyand wrote: 24 May 2018, 11:03 Half term in Cala D'or, Majorca, next week and a bucket and spade holiday in Tenby planned for August. Have never been to the latter so if anyone has any top tips I'm all ears.
Been to both. Cala D'or was lovely, relaxing and very pretty with great shop and cafes. Beach was nice and secluded but quite busy and folks didn't wear very much. Tendy also nice but other than being there for holidays in the sixties I've only been for the day since. It's looked great, is supposed to have some serious eating out places and everyone kept their clothes on. :)

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Just been to update my jabs.
Ended up having vaccines for Yellow Fever, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hep A and Cholera. Got to go back for Japanese Encephalitis and rabies. Expensive morning!

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

unc.si. wrote: 24 May 2018, 12:18 Just been to update my jabs.
Ended up having vaccines for Yellow Fever, Tetanus, Typhoid, Hep A and Cholera. Got to go back for Japanese Encephalitis and rabies. Expensive morning!
Hopefully they gave you something to deal with your big head :P

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

jpk wrote: 24 May 2018, 14:40
unc.si. wrote: 24 May 2018, 12:18 Just been to update my jabs.
Hopefully they gave you something to deal with your big head :P
didn't know you'd seen me with my trousers down

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

It's purely anecdotal but the 24 hour plymouth santander crossing is grim. We have 3 weeks and whilst its a long way to the west cost of portugal we are breaking it down - going are Portsmouth Cherbourg and back from Caen but we are only 25 mins or so from the terminal. Blinking expensive in August - could buy a boat for that.

Where are you in China Unc - I am Beijing - Shaghai - Shenzen / HK should get a day either end in Beijing / HK but otherwise might just as well be in Feltham or similar.

The Eurotunnel is good for Belgium and Holland but for France you forget just how far north it is, or I do at least.

Driving in France and Portugal as Murf says is a dream - though tolls in portugal need a bit of planning.

Puerto Soller is wonderful as is Soller itself (can get a nice little tram between the two) - some great roads around the North of the Island - hairy drive over to Pollensa in the NE but great views. Pollensa has always been my destination of choice - just love it but v expensive in the holidays. Pre kids, outside the holidays - went all the time.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Think schedule is Beijing - Chengdu - Hainan. Never get a lot of time to look around much but sure I'll be able to grab a couple of hours to see the pandas in Chengdu and go to a couple of sights in Beijing.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Travel, Holidays & Leisure”