To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone been to Mexico recently?

A forum for discussion on Travel, Holiday & Leisure subjects.
ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Anyone been to Mexico recently?

Post by ctibbits »

I am currently planning an anniversary trip for me and the misses in early December. I think we have decided on a short 4 night stay at an all inclusive beach resort but am not sure where to go yet. As far as pricing is concerned it seems that at this point there are a few options all in the same range that will fit the bill.

Dominican Republic
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
and Mexico

What we would get for the price in Mexico is a little better but I am concerned about safety. I am certain we would not be leaving the resort grounds but I still feel somewhat timid about heading that way. Has anyone been to a resort in Mexico in the past 6 months?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Re: Anyone been to Mexico recently?

Post by Brightwater »

From my son who went with his wife and kids, 3 teenagers and 7yo -

We went to Azul Sensatori Hotel in Riveria Maya. It is about 30 mins from Cancun airport. The only negative would be that the evening entertainment wasn't brilliant.

There are any number of all inclusive resorts in the Cancun area, and there were lots of Americans in our resort and surrounding area.

There weren't any times we felt unsafe.

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Brightwater wrote:From my son who went with his wife and kids, 3 teenagers and 7yo -

We went to Azul Sensatori Hotel in Riveria Maya. It is about 30 mins from Cancun airport. The only negative would be that the evening entertainment wasn't brilliant.

There are any number of all inclusive resorts in the Cancun area, and there were lots of Americans in our resort and surrounding area.

There weren't any times we felt unsafe.
Fantastic! That is exactly the area I was looking at. Thank you

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Was at the home of the biggest drugs cartel in Mexico yesterday (Culiacán) and felt pretty safe. I think that the if you're in tourist areas it's fine and even outside if you stay away from the mountains and areas like Veracruz where there are big power battles going on then it's fine. Too bloody hot at the moment in the tropical zone though. Almost unbearable humidity. In Miami now which seems almost pleasant in comparison.

flixflyer
Kevin and Perry

Post by flixflyer »

I have been to both Mexico ( Cancun ) and Jamaica ( Montego Bay. ) From my own experiences the Yucatan is safe, it's even safe to go out of the complexes and wander around the town and the sites. I don't know what time of year you are thinking of going, but unless you are young, avoid Spring Break, full of drunken American teenagers. I didn't find Jamaica very safe, a lot of hassle and wouldn't go back.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Travel, Holidays & Leisure”