To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Risk (the board game)

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Risk (the board game)

Post by Matty B »

Ok have dug out my old risk set to play with the kids in the school holidays but have forgotten some stuff about attacking and defending and cant understand despite looking online so reckon someone here will be able to answer sensibly ...

I cant work out the number of dice rolls to armies ratio in attack v defence ... lets say I have 12 armies and a defender has 8 how many dice get rolled ... 3 each?? so how do i take the country if that leaves him 5 (assuming i win all 3) ... can't remember !!

tyia

jpk
Dumbledore

Re: Risk (the board game)

Post by jpk »

Attacker can use maximum 3 dice , defender can use maximum 2 dice

but if attacker has only 3 armies he can only use 2 dice, if defender has 2 armies he can use 2 dice

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

ok thanks - and if attacker has 10 armies and defender 9 so attacker uses 3 and defender 2 ... what happens if attacker has 2 dice higher than defender ... he can take out all the defenders armies ??

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

he would take just 2 armies at that point but the round continues and he can keep rolling his dice and whittle away at the defenders until they are all gone

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Matty B wrote:ok thanks - and if attacker has 10 armies and defender 9 so attacker uses 3 and defender 2 ... what happens if attacker has 2 dice higher than defender ... he can take out all the defenders armies ??
max dice an attacker can use is 3, max a defender can use is 2, highest scoring dice match up against each other, each losing die loses one army, attacker can keep attacking whilst he has 2 or more armies regardless of whether defender has 1 or 101 armies

10 v 9

3 dice v 2 dice
attacker wins both -> becomes 10v7
one win each -> 9v8
defender wins both -> 8v9

if it goes to say 5v1 then attacker still uses 3 dice, defender 1 dice

to capture the territory the attacker has to keep attacking = more dice rolls until each defender's army has been removed

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

thanks Vid that makes sense ... hadn't got/remembered that the dice could be rolled mutliple times in an attack.

l

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Matty B wrote:thanks Vid that makes sense ... hadn't got/remembered that the dice could be rolled mutliple times in an attack.

l
you may find this sub-forum of interest, online Risk, several of us still play

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

thanks Vid will check it out

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”