To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Destiny

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Destiny

Post by ctibbits »

Seen all the adverts for it and it looks sensational. I don't play or buy many games but am a sucker for great first person shooter games. Almost worn out on titanfall, which is fantastic by the way. Just wondering if anyone has played this and if it is a first person shooter, is it fantastic, do I need to spend the money on it etc?

magicdave
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Destiny

Post by magicdave »

Reviews have been lukewarm - basically that it's very good at what it does but what it does isn't actually very different to what other games have done before.

When my PS4 lands in the near future I'm likely to punt on Destiny just as a break from yet another CoD iteration.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Well my stepsons went and got it this weekend so I am sure I will give it a go at some point this week and let you know. So far from what I have watched it doesn't look like the be all end all.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Played for about 45 minutes last night and it seems OK. Visually it is absolutely stunning but the game play seems lacking. I have not given up yet but really does seem like it will not overtake Titanfall as my main break from the world.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

Its definately a love hate game. Love the gameplay HATE the campaign, repetitiveness, the engram system etc etc etc

Saying that im playing it ALOT so im definately sucked in...

Trying to organise a fireteam for vault of glass

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:Its definately a love hate game. Love the gameplay HATE the campaign, repetitiveness, the engram system etc etc etc

Saying that im playing it ALOT so im definately sucked in...

Trying to organise a fireteam for vault of glass
Only just scratching the surface of it. (Reached Level 6 last night) but think I am about to hang it up. I don't really like the game play very much but am going to continue a little longer before I completely stop playing. I just get way more entertainment out of online First Person Shooters and with the Titanfall Expansions released it fits the bill for now.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Anyone playing this? Getting alot out of this game at the moment but the time commitment involved to stay on top of the game is immense.. Did the vault of glass for the first time with the random teleporting (4th time overall) and its a complete pain in the arse It took about an hour to get it right..

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

I'm in the market for a PS4 and was looking at the destiny bundle, but after reading some reviews on gamespot etc, I'd decided to avoid it, seems the thoughts here echo what I've read.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Gave up playing completely. Most fun for me was designing the character.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Im addicted.. you should have stuck with it! Some annoying thing still keep happening but doing the raids are the best gaming experience I have had.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:Im addicted.. you should have stuck with it! Some annoying thing still keep happening but doing the raids are the best gaming experience I have had.
What are the raids exactly and what level do you need to be to participate in them? My gaming time is limited anyway and now that I have FIFA 15 it will be hard to try again but I may give it a shot.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

This is something no one ever warned me about; now I've got enough money to buy games and consoles I've got no bloody time to play the damn things. :cry:

Games like this, Assassins' Creed and the hobitty ones need so much time and I just can't throw enough at them like I used to with Civilisation in the 90's.

That said I was quite pleased that despite only sporadic goes on Black Ops recently I was still able to beat my daughter's bf in a H2H within minutes of arriving home from work the other day. 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”