To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

atWar

A forum for discussions on Games such as Xbox, Playstation, Su Doku, Crosswords, Wordle, Quordle, Centordle & Board Games
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

atWar

Post by Vid »

http://atwar-game.com/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A cross between Risk and Civ, played one game against crispybits - I've just surrendered rather than extend the game for days or even weeks, clearly lost and probably has been since move 1, it would probably have helped to read the game guide before starting :D

I'd like another game sometime soon, maybe a few more players than 1v1 and not sure about trying a game against complete strangers.

Free to play (up to 4 games) but you can pay (price seems steep which is probably down to the numbers paying and playing), premium allows more strategies than free play and other strategies and an units can be unlocked via picking up points during play to "buy" the unlock, but these unlocks do not appear to be available to use in a current game. Reading up these various extra strategies and units are not supposed to unbalance the game (i.e. the more you pay does not give you a better chance of winning) but simply give more options and depth to the game.

You select a starting country, the bigger the country the more cities, some settings give you a budget so you can only "buy" smaller countries to start. You also have a budget, the more countries/ cities you control the higher your income, this allows you to buy units (infantry, tanks, bombers, transport planes, destroyers & transport boats) with which you attempt to conquer the world/ defend your cities.

Nice interface, it can be played in browser or via a download.

crispybits could probably add a lot more depth to the description, reading the game guide probably even more so :-)

Any interest?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Games incl. Video Games”