To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Re: Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

Post by Ralfbergs »

AkNotSpur wrote:Agree that the Season 6 finale was another excellent episode and it's going to be tough to wait for another year to see how things might play out. My guess is that Cersai won't last long on the Iron Throne, but Jamie's charms and good looks might endear him to Daenerys even though he killed her father?

Yeah, I think that is the big question for next 2 seasons - will Jamie survive or not. Besides that, I was wondering - who do we really got left as the bad guys here for next 2 seasons? Ok, the last one would be battle against Night King and probably some of the next seasons ending, but without them there is only Cersei left. Oh, and Euron Crow's Eye. Are there really any other main characters left, which would be enemies to either Starks or Targaeryans?

(Starks, Targaeryans and I guess Martells will fight along in one side, ok maybe Littlefinger is a wildcard, but can't think of anyone else really. Maybe something interesting will happen with Brotherhood without Banners, but I think this will be the first season where, if we don't count Night King and his army, we have more good characters than bad - or am I wrong?)

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

DrBunker wrote:I'm certainly not disappointed by that at all. Wish I'd gone straight to it rather than sticking with the football. :roll:

I loved the bit when the 11 kids knifed that old man to death......hang on, that was the England game.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Kingslayer to add Queenslayer to his titles next series?

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Oh, he's done that already. ;)

Red Eye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Red Eye »

Ralfbergs wrote:
AkNotSpur wrote:Agree that the Season 6 finale was another excellent episode and it's going to be tough to wait for another year to see how things might play out. My guess is that Cersai won't last long on the Iron Throne, but Jamie's charms and good looks might endear him to Daenerys even though he killed her father?
Yeah, I think that is the big question for next 2 seasons - will Jamie survive or not. Besides that, I was wondering - who do we really got left as the bad guys here for next 2 seasons? Ok, the last one would be battle against Night King and probably some of the next seasons ending, but without them there is only Cersei left. Oh, and Euron Crow's Eye. Are there really any other main characters left, which would be enemies to either Starks or Targaeryans?

(Starks, Targaeryans and I guess Martells will fight along in one side, ok maybe Littlefinger is a wildcard, but can't think of anyone else really. Maybe something interesting will happen with Brotherhood without Banners, but I think this will be the first season where, if we don't count Night King and his army, we have more good characters than bad - or am I wrong?)
Yes Cersei's days are surely numbered. I think Jamie sees her going increasingly mental and, having already killed the mad king, will probably face a choice between loyalty to the mad queen and Tyrion (Deanerys). Plus Cersei's on Arya's hit-list.

Littlefinger I think is an obvious threat to the 'good guys' after everything he said to Sansa. Apart from that, it's about the time the white walkers reached/breached the wall isn't it?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Red Eye wrote:
Littlefinger I think is an obvious threat to the 'good guys' after everything he said to Sansa. Apart from that, it's about the time the white walkers reached/breached the wall isn't it?

I think, from the look Sansa gave him after the 'King of the North' scene, her and Jon are now in the way of Littlefingers 'picture in his mind' unless she marries him, so there's something to be going on there as he now could be her enemy.

When Uncle Benjen deposited Bran and Jojeen back near the wall, he said the wall isn't just a physical structure, there's magic built into its foundations that prevents to WW's from crossing it. So something has to happen to allow that, in the way they got in to kill the 3 eyed raven. I expect we'll also get to see that 'our Bran' is the Bran the builder that built the wall in the first place.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I will miss watching Margaery. :(

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Of course Sansa and Jon can now marry but they don't know that.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Its going to have to take Bran to introduce Jaehaerys Targaryen to everyone.... :shock: :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
Red Eye wrote:

I think, from the look Sansa gave him after the 'King of the North' scene, her and Jon are now in the way of Littlefingers 'picture in his mind' unless she marries him, so there's something to be going on there as he now could be her enemy.
I actually thought that look was more that littlefinger's seed had started to germinate. Possibly a look of 'king of the North, he's not a stark and you'd all be dead without me calling on Littlefinger'

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Anyone else think Daenerys and Tyrion will get it together?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Got fully up to date now so able to read to the end of this thread! The last two episodes were, well, explosive, quite literally in terms of #10... also went back and watched the first ever episode again which was a strange experience...

Season 7 only a couple of months away, somewhat shortened with only 7 episodes which in a way is a shame but I guess there will be fewer of the peripheral storylines as everything is brought together towards whatever kind of conclusion there will be in the following season (anyone's guess!) Got an idea for a little fantasy game based on it which I'll detail nearer the time (the concept is probably pretty obvious...)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

There actually is a fantasy game for this in existence :lol:

http://www.fantasizr.com/sport/fantasy- ... s-season-7

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

OK, winter is here... time to pour a glass of Dornish red (well, Rioja will do...) and see if season 7 lives up to expectations!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

That Ed Sheeran cameo was a bit much!
In fact that whole scene was a bit ropey in terms of the 'acting' do we know who the other soldiers were?

Great episode to start us off, lots of foundation laying.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

There was no point to the scene, in terms of plot or character development, other than to get Ed Sheeran onto the show. Extremely disappointing. What next, a Sue Perkins cameo?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Can only assume his record company have paid a shed load of dough (or are a shareholder in HBO already).

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

And I believe Maisie Williams (Arya) is a big fan and wanted to do a scene with him...

A lot of scene setting there after the dramatic opening, probably necessary after the frantic end to S6. We didn't see a sword wielded in anger, and largely saw a little bit of everyone - saw it pointed out that Tyrion didn't even have a line of dialogue! Expect the pace to ramp up pretty quickly though.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I don't remember any complaints when the drummer from Coldplay appeared at the Red Wedding, or the when the singer from Snow Patrol was in it. Probably because not many people recognise them.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Billy Whiz wrote:There was no point to the scene, in terms of plot or character development, other than to get Ed Sheeran onto the show. Extremely disappointing. What next, a Sue Perkins cameo?
Arya hasnt left their company yet though? So theres still time for things to go pear shaped and for her to kill them ALL :twisted:

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Zimmerman wrote:That Ed Sheeran cameo was a bit much!
In fact that whole scene was a bit ropey in terms of the 'acting' do we know who the other soldiers were?

Great episode to start us off, lots of foundation laying.
One was Thomas Turgoose of This is England fame.

I didn't mind the cameo and as you say, a really good opener to whet the appetite :)

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

ES.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Tall Paul wrote:I don't remember any complaints when the drummer from Coldplay appeared at the Red Wedding, or the when the singer from Snow Patrol was in it. Probably because not many people recognise them.
In respect to the drummer it was a traditional extra appearance, up on the balcony / in the background. This was gratuitous and seemingly pointless.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Gone quiet on here... FISO is the only corner of the globe where it's not the number one topic of conversation, seemingly.

I know, other priorities, like start of the football season... winter is coming :wink:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

All three episodes have been uncharacteristically action packed so far. Episode three was a corker.

Cersei's choice of revenge was sooooo gooood.
You can't help like the bad guys in this show Ramsey, Cersei and even the Iron Born uncle is growing on me. First few times I thought he was a dick. His taunting of Jamie is gold though.

I'm torn, because I like Tyrian but Danaerys gets on my tits. That whole intro thing, get over yourself.

Ultimately she 'should' triumph over the nasty Cersei.

But it's all so amazingly intriguing at the moment.
Wait till Dan (in fact everyone) finds out John Snow is also a Targaryan!!!

Bran back at Winterfell and Arya on her way too.
Sansa showing potential for turning ruthless. Hopefully the return of her siblings will keep her in check.
All are worldly wise for their own reasons since the last time they were together.

Robert's bustard is still knocking about in a boat still too :D

I also think Samuel could end up being the surprise package in this whole show.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I clicked on this with trepidation in case it spoilerised the leaked Ep4...

Cersei's winning the war in the south so far but I guess that had to happen... Dany's lost most of her allies already so I guess she has to unleash the dragons soon! I just wonder if at some stage if she goes too "Mad Queen", Tyrion might betray her in favour of his own family - probably not while Cersei is still around but maybe he will eventually side with Jaime, if they both outlast her. Perhaps one for season 8 though.

Starting to wonder if Gendry's return is an elaborate red herring!

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yeh, no one would take his claim to the thrown seriously, they'll just slit his throat and put him back in his boat.

I think Sam would be the surprise package.

I think Bran worging in to one of the dragons could happen... although what's the lifespan of a dragon? Maybe better to take root in a tree like his predecessors.

John Snow so far is the most decent of what we've seen.
For all Danny's righteousness she's obsessed with her right to the throne etc. They all are. John doesn't care. He just cares about the people.... perhaps more to do with his upbringing as a bustard rather than part of a 'connected' family.

And what about the dude that taught Arya (Jakon or whatever he was called)? He's ultimately very powerful he can't just be gone from the show can he?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I sooo want Jon to emerge unscathed from Daenarys Dragon Fire....they'd both be so what

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 13:36 Yeh, no one would take his claim to the thrown seriously, they'll just slit his throat and put him back in his boat.

I think Sam would be the surprise package.

I think Bran worging in to one of the dragons could happen... although what's the lifespan of a dragon? Maybe better to take root in a tree like his predecessors.

John Snow so far is the most decent of what we've seen.
For all Danny's righteousness she's obsessed with her right to the throne etc. They all are. John doesn't care. He just cares about the people.... perhaps more to do with his upbringing as a bustard rather than part of a 'connected' family.

And what about the dude that taught Arya (Jakon or whatever he was called)? He's ultimately very powerful he can't just be gone from the show can he?
He's probably just back to his day job of settling minor quarrels in Braavos with his vat of poison and changing faces. Just a long term plot device for Arya I think, though could be wrong!

Sam's most likely to have an impact through his knowledge and research, though I guess he could still inherit House Tarly if his father and brother get killed, who knows where that could lead? I know he's still sworn to the Night's Watch but it barely exists now...

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

It's more the fact that twice he's come up against the dead and come out of it alive.

That plus House Tarley plus he's gone a Valearyan steel sword too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”