To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Ave a banana
Grumpy Old Man

Game of Thrones - Inc Spoilers to last aired UK TV episode.

Post by Ave a banana »

Anyone watching/sky+'ing?

Not read the books as I'm not really a fan of the 'fantasy' genre, although I found the first two episodes quite 'watchable', and I've always found Lena Headey very 'watchable' :wink:

TheTon
FISO Knight

Game of Thrones

Post by TheTon »

Loved the first episode (especially the start) and was shocked by the ending! Sets up the second episode nicely although I've sky plussed it and not watched it yet.

Loving Spartacus : Gods of the arena as well at the mo!

the pom
Grumpy Old Pom

Re: Game of Thrones

Post by the pom »

I read a lot of these books, and this series is up there with the best ever....

Have to find out when it hits oz on tele...

Peoples
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Peoples »

I enjoyed the opening part of the first episode aswell. Prefer Emilia Clarke than Lena Headey myself :P

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Thought the first episode was really good and although the second episode wasn't anything special I still think it's going to be worth my while sticking with this series...

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Razorback wrote:Thought the first episode was really good and although the second episode wasn't anything special I still think it's going to be worth my while sticking with this series...
Agreed. Just watched the second episode and got a little bored. Was also pretty upset when he killed the wolf! :cry:

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

don't worry there are 5 other wolfs left :wink:

just watched the fourth episode starting to get going now can't wait for some almighty battle scenes & that twit prince lannister who looks like the prince from shrek to meet his maker :D

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Just caught up with episode 5. Probably the best one yet!! Very bloody and gory. Everything from chopping off the head of a horse to stabbing someone through the eye with a dagger!! :twisted:

The plot continues to swing, and although a bit slow in parts, it keeps me watching. I must admit i find myself wanting it to develop quicker, but i'll be tuning in next week, and i guess that's the point of it!!

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

I haven't read the books or done any research, but having read a lot of these type of books, and knowing there are 6 (i think) books in this series so far, i expect it to be a slow start.
I can see this involving war across continents, civil wars, dragons and all the children becoming the main characters as the books go on.
I'm definitely sticking with it

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

How can you watch it if you don't have SKY?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Achiles74 wrote:How can you watch it if you don't have SKY?
It's on sky atlantic. Is that on free view?

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

TheTon wrote:
Achiles74 wrote:How can you watch it if you don't have SKY?
It's on sky atlantic. Is that on free view?

Nope Freeview only has Challenge TV and Pick TV, Sky News from the Sky range :cry:

The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Post by The Woolster »

Only seen the first 2 so far. Does the bird from Hollyoaks get her tits out?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

The Woolster wrote:Only seen the first 2 so far. Does the bird from Hollyoaks get her tits out?
Indeed she does!! Nice little scene in a bath tub!!

The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Post by The Woolster »

Excellent 8-)

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

anybody still watching this?

i feel like i've lost a loved one after last nights episode :cry: :cry:

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Definitely still watching.
Purposely avoiding the books so don't know what happens.
Loving the way the author just kills off all the main characters :lol:
have a sneaking suspicion this will be like a lot of fantasy series i've read where the real characters are the chidlren, and the old guys gradually get killed off to let them come through and create theirown history

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

The Woolster wrote:Only seen the first 2 so far. Does the bird from Hollyoaks get her tits out?
http://daddyslove-alvin.blogspot.com/20 ... yoaks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Also watch Lip Service for Miss. McKee.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

bigsheff wrote:anybody still watching this?
Yep, still watching & absolutely loving it at the moment 8-) .

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

I hadn't really suspected that Sean Bean's character would actually get killed as soon as he did (or even at all) until the beginning of last night's episode. Even then, I only ever really contemplated it at the point where he was given the choice of saving his honour or his family (and admittedly I dismissed it completely as I thought that even if he went down the honour route that someone would still step in and save him).

So what I really wasn't expecting was for him to go down the family route & still get executed :shock: :lol: .

I know this event occurs in the book (although I only know that now as I haven't actually read any of them) but still thought it was a pretty ballsy move by the makers of this show, especially as their 'biggest name' actor was the one playing this particular role.

Thought it worked very well indeed (a real W.T.F moment) & can't wait to catch next week's episode (which unfortunately is the final one of the current season :cry: )...

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Totally agree, Razorback.

Was shocked when the sword fell. Was expecting some sort of 'Robin Hood moment' to happen, with an arrow coming from nowhere and felling the executioner!!

Still, epic viewing! Love the way the story has unfolded, the seedy element, the gore and violence and the politics. Does Kahl survive the blood magic? Will the dathraki invade? Gutted it is the last one next week! I'm already hoping for more!

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

kizkiz wrote:Definitely still watching.
Purposely avoiding the books so don't know what happens.
Loving the way the author just kills off all the main characters :lol:
have a sneaking suspicion this will be like a lot of fantasy series i've read where the real characters are the chidlren, and the old guys gradually get killed off to let them come through and create theirown history
i think so too with the kids, jon snow on his way to being topman & ayra probably end as some warrior princess.

gonna have to read the books this summer though, don't think i'll be able to stop myself, i wanna know happens to so many questions? :D

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

*spoiler

been looking at the official HBO site today, you should some of the people complaining & really upset ned stark's copped it, threatening to stop watching etc... ha ha :D

i agree about the what moment i was shocked... great twist though.

the imp's great, can't wait for the last one & to see who gets casted in the next season, new characters etc

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

bigsheff wrote:*spoiler

been looking at the official HBO site today, you should some of the people complaining & really upset ned stark's copped it, threatening to stop watching etc... ha ha :D

i agree about the what moment i was shocked... great twist though.

the imp's great, can't wait for the last one & to see who gets casted in the next season, new characters etc
I guess the Sean Bean brigade would have been happier to see him overcome impossible odds & eventually take the throne for himself...thankfully that didn't happen :wink: .

What was particularly great about the twist was quite early on it was very, very clear indeed that Ned Stark was completely out of his depth as the King's 'Hand' as pretty much every decision he made was the wrong one. Under these circumstances you can pretty much guarantee that the lead character is eventually going to turn things around & dish out some much deserved payback so it was quite unique & really rather special to see him to exit in the manner that he did (physically wrecked, emotionally drained and well & truly humiliated).

The only down side to this is that I can't really see how next week's episode will get anywhere close to the quality of last night's :? ...

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

apparently it does :shock:

i thought the same, i presumed ned would end up being the hero.

was kinda reading that site squinting so i didn't read something i didn't want too, but general consensus was stick with it, it just gets better & better. whether that be next week or next series i can't wait :D

Razorback
FISO Knight

Post by Razorback »

Well although it didn't quite match last week's episode I must say that was still pretty damn decent 8-) .

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

For most of the series I wasn't sure if the more fantastical elements of the realm were fact or fiction so very pleased to finally find out that they aren't the latter 8-) .

Really can't wait for season 2 to get started...just hope I can resist picking up the books between now & then :lol: ...

Ave a banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ave a banana »

Finally caught up........ and it's over :cry:

Thoroughly enjoyed it!!

As I said earlier it’s not normally my kind of genre so I haven’t see anything like that in years.

Love The Imp character, some fine acting from Peter Dinklage IMO.

How slappable is the face of the Joffrey Baratheon character?

Like RB, I can’t wait for season 2.

bigsheff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bigsheff »

Ave a banana wrote:
How slappable is the face of the Joffrey Baratheon character?
i'm hoping it gets chopped off & stuck on a spike... or is that a bit harsh :mrgreen:

cracking series can't wait for the next one.
interesting to see how king roberts bustard son was there with ayra at the end, wonder how that will pan out

kizkiz
Dumbledore

Post by kizkiz »

Well he is the true heir :wink:
Wonder if he ends up on the throne with Queen Arya?
I know there's 5 or more books so we have the internal war, the dragon lady war, and the north issue to come.
Can't wait :D

ck luck
Red & Blue Braces

Post by ck luck »

loved the first series,still can't believe Ned got the chop.

anyone know when the next series will start?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”