To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Dr Who

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Dr Who

Post by Spinynorman »

........is on soon for a brand new series. Is there any better family drama show on telly at the moment? Fantastic stuff! :)

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Not my thing and I'm getting totally pissed off with the BCC for ramming it down everyone throats :evil:

Flipside
Grumpy Old ManCity

Post by Flipside »

pottster wrote:Not my thing and I'm getting totally pissed off with the BCC for ramming it down everyone throats :evil:
We can only be thankful that they don't ram Eastenders down our throats. That would really piss me off :lol:

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Flipside wrote:
pottster wrote:Not my thing and I'm getting totally pissed off with the BCC for ramming it down everyone throats :evil:
We can only be thankful that they don't ram Eastenders down our throats. That would really piss me off :lol:
Yeh me too :roll: Is Eastenders still on? I haven't heard much about it recently.

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd TFFO 07-08; 5th TFFO 06-07, Top scoring Eggcupper 07-08

Post by Papa Giddy »

I love Dr Who, but I hate Cathrine Tate and won't watch the show with her as the new sidekick . :(

I hope she is killed in quite a horrible way in the first or second episode, that leaves absolutely no opportunity for a return.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Full range of opinions represented there....!! :shock:

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

ah man me too I flippin hate it and everywhere i turn on any bbc channel or site its soddin there :roll:

geeks

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Yeah man, those BCC dudes are really heavy...

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Papa Giddy wrote:
I love Dr Who, but I hate Cathrine Tate and won't watch the show with her as the new sidekick . :(

I hope she is killed in quite a horrible way in the first or second episode, that leaves absolutely no opportunity for a return.
The episode was quite manic and daft and a typical season opener but Catherine was very good in it and makes a bit of a change. Nice to see Benard Cribbins as well all those years after being in one of the early films.

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Always enjoyed Doctor Who as a kid and enjoy it thoroughly now as well. My kids also enjoy it, so it obviously is a family entertaining programme, but if it's not your thing then fair enough.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Spinynorman wrote:The episode was quite manic and daft and a typical season opener but Catherine was very good in it and makes a bit of a change. Nice to see Benard Cribbins as well all thos years after being in one of the early films.
It was one for the younger audience, I do believe. I agree on Catherine Tate. I can take small doses of her comedy show but I can't stand her as an actress. She's from the "Bianc-ah" school of acting where you're always half shouting your lines. Rubbish.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Thought it was one of the funniest ever - loved it. Can take or leave Catherine Tate but as Dr - Assistant pairing it could be good. Loved the Rose twist at the end.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Papa Giddy wrote:I love Dr Who, but I hate Cathrine Tate and won't watch the show with her as the new sidekick . :(

Ditto, although I would say Like rather than love, To be fair I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but didn't like her in the Special last year. This new incarnation has been superior in a lot of ways to the old Dr Who but inferior in the stupid way they keep trying to work some sort of romantic interest into the story lines :x . That is just not Dr Who. the first season with Bille Piper in was pretty annoying, and in fact stopped watching half way through. 2nd Or was it 3rd season was slightly improved & thought that sidekick better than Piper.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm not to keen on the romantic stuff although it does perhaps add to the tension and emotion of the series. I was relieved that there would be non of that in a series with Donna but Rose lurking about is a bit ominous. It will probably be end of the world stuff.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

As I was away this weekend, I was forced into watching Dr Who while the maw got ready for dinner (only had 2 Sky channels on the TV :? ). It's the first time I've watched more than a 2 minute snippet of it, and I can honestly say what a lot of pish. Terrible acting and a crap storyline. :roll:

That said, I can appreciate it is good wholesome family viewing, so fair enough. Just don't ask the da to watch it again anytime soon. :?

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

Yer Old Da wrote:As I was away this weekend, I was forced into watching Dr Who while the maw got ready for dinner (only had 2 Sky channels on the TV :? ). It's the first time I've watched more than a 2 minute snippet of it, and I can honestly say what a lot of pish. Terrible acting and a crap storyline. :roll:

That said, I can appreciate it is good wholesome family viewing, so fair enough. Just don't ask the da to watch it again anytime soon. :?
A couple of years yet before the wholesome family viewing becomes the ONLY telly you get to watch :wink:

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

kizkiz wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:As I was away this weekend, I was forced into watching Dr Who while the maw got ready for dinner (only had 2 Sky channels on the TV :? ). It's the first time I've watched more than a 2 minute snippet of it, and I can honestly say what a lot of pish. Terrible acting and a crap storyline. :roll:

A couple of years yet before the wholesome family viewing becomes the ONLY telly you get to watch :wink:
Yep, gimme 8-10 years and I'll bump this thread, saying how good Dr Who is. :D I'll probably be posting on the malt whisky thread too by then, extolling the virtues of a vintage Laphroaig. :wink:

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Yer Old Da wrote:Yep, gimme 8-10 years and I'll bump this thread, saying how good Dr Who is. :D I'll probably be posting on the malt whisky thread too by then, extolling the virtues of a vintage Laphroaig. :wink:
You forgot to add the slippers and those comfy pair of trousers :wink:

Doctor Who is on BBC3 tonight at 8pm

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Yer Old Da wrote:
Yep, gimme 8-10 years and I'll bump this thread, saying how good Dr Who is. :D I'll probably be posting on the malt whisky thread too by then, extolling the virtues of a vintage Laphroaig. :wink:
Sounds perfect to me. Would you perhaps be listening to a bit of prog by then as well. :P

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Spinynorman wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:
Sounds perfect to me. Would you perhaps be listening to a bit of prog by then as well. :P
No doubt. Nah, to be fair I'll probably be out with junior Da in twenty years showing him how to pull. 8-)

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

love Dr Who and it gets better and better.
That Tate woman tho does take away a lot of the enjoyment as she just can't act......kick her out of the tardis and get billie piper back.

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

Surprised wrote:love Dr Who and it gets better and better.
That Tate woman tho does take away a lot of the enjoyment as she just can't act......kick her out of the tardis and get billie piper back.
Yep, i agree Tate is rubbish and does detract from the programme. When she wanted to save the people of Pompei I just didn't find her credible

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Yer Old Da wrote:No doubt. Nah, to be fair I'll probably be out with junior Da in twenty years showing him how to pull. 8-)
So, is it just adultery you're planning, Da, or have you got a date set for the divorce already? :roll:

:lol:

darkspidey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by darkspidey »

Episode one was good but 2&3 have bene silly. Does D Who ever leave Earth anymore? In fact does he ever leave Cardiff! Whats with all the aliens coming here? And why does the Dr not blink? And as for Catherine Tate. What a dog! She has huge flabby tits and a horrbile freckles. But am I botherd? :?

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Episode 3 already??? It's not on until Saturday

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Flyman wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:No doubt. Nah, to be fair I'll probably be out with junior Da in twenty years showing him how to pull. 8-)
So, is it just adultery you're planning, Da, or have you got a date set for the divorce already? :roll:

Just adultery. :D Divorces cost a fortune. :?

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Yer Old Da wrote:
Flyman wrote:

Just adultery. :D Divorces cost a fortune. :?
Divorces! :shock:
So you've already planned against them - in the pleural, then! :twisted:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Re: Dr Who

Post by Spinynorman »

That was a hell of an episode :!:

Great stuff. :D

Latic
FISO Knight

Post by Latic »

Certainly was. A huge cliffhanger! Looking back on this thread I'd like to say that I've found Catherine Tate's character rather funny.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

That was an absolute humdinger of an episode! :shock: Permission to scrape myself off the floor please after that ending!!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”