To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Homeland

A forum for discussion on Movies, Radio and Television programme topics whatever your viewing and listening pleasure.
TheTon
FISO Knight

Homeland

Post by TheTon »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:Without giving away too much, there are some very heavy sex scenes in this series.

very good. :lol:
:lol:

Nothing wrong with a bit of meat on the bone..!!

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Re: Homeland

Post by ctibbits »

I caught up on some recorded episodes last night. I have two weeks to catch up (I think only 1 to catch up to the current schedule in the UK) and must say I am enjoying it. Vastly better than last season and almost back to the first two. Very surprising twist in the one I watched last night so very curious to see where it goes at this point. Fully hooked again!

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Yep, it's much better now after it's Lost style dip.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

DrBunker wrote:Yep, it's much better now after it's Lost style dip.
The latest episode was excellent. I saw the twist (if it was a twist?!) coming, but it was still well executed. It left me looking forward to the next episode, which is how I judge most of the series I watch.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I have to say this series of Homeland has been pretty damn good. Easily the best series since the first (if that isn't damning it with faint praise).

PS bet it is doing a wonder for US-Pakistan diplomatic relations :lol:

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I was looking for this thread to say the same thing. I can't believe they've managed to rescue it after the last season but they really have... and how. :shock: 8-)

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Caught all the way up last night and was thinking that this was as good as the first season also. Amazing how it could sink so low for Season 3 and then return to these heights. Season finale is next week and I must say I am sorry to see it go.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Thought that there might be some comments re the final episode - not exactly a spoiler alert here, as nothing much happened, a huge let down after the most excellent return to form of this series. Showtime have renewed for another series apparently - so perhaps not a surprise that so many loose ends are left untied.

In related news to posts above - yes, the pakistani government aren't happy;

http://nypost.com/2014/12/27/pakistani- ... -homeland/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

,,,and i'm sure you all caught mandy patinkin on sky arts 2 the last couple of days in his previously perhaps more well-known guise - as a tenor singer, in a leonard bernstein related show.

Wishing everyone a happy and a merry.

steve

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

quizking wrote:Thought that there might be some comments re the final episode - not exactly a spoiler alert here, as nothing much happened, a huge let down after the most excellent return to form of this series. Showtime have renewed for another series apparently - so perhaps not a surprise that so many loose ends are left untied.
Was about to say the same myself. It felt massively flat after the previous couple of episodes, but after they decided that Haqqani couldn't be taken out withiut it being suicide, what else could the final be about.... the whole thing was to set up the next series but the way they did it that Carrie realised she could have a relationship with quinn, thrn him going off felt contrived, obviously he's effed now. Hopefully 5 won't be about Carrie trying to rescue him, we've had that once already with Brodie.
quizking wrote:Thought i'm sure you all caught mandy patinkin on sky arts 2 the last couple of days in his previously perhaps more well-known guise - as a tenor singer, in a leonard bernstein related show.
I did actually! I also didn't realise that senator lockhart is Tracey Letts.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

It was a bit wet compared to the rest of the series but like you say it's all about setting it up for the next series. There was a decent story at the end which could be interesting going forward.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

It wasn't terrible by any means but felt like a let down considering how action packed things had been previously.

It would have been much better to have it as the first episode of the next season (slow start & then build from there) but overall this season has been surprisingly good (and I say that having quite enjoyed the previous two)...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Saw the last episode last night. Thought it was dreadful. A real let down and a poor way to end what had been a great series.

As RB said it was actually more like the first episode of Series 5 - you expect them to be dull scene setters (but they usually have an exciting twist to lure you in).

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

I was waiting for something to happen and was half expecting the sister to be shot and the baby kidnapped when carrie got back

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore
FS Record: Fiso Cricket - The Limited Overs Game winner 2014

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

It's back on Sunday, although I have watched episode 1 on showbox.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Flogging a dead horse.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

Did nobody else take a chance on series 5 yet?
Just watched episode 2, its plumbed new depths of tedium, on 37 minutes Carrie makes a ludicrous decision, under the circumstances of what had just happened. It also ends very predictably.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Saw episode 1. They were obviously setting it all up but too many coincidences about everything being in Berlin and finding excuses to move to a topical hotspot.

Didn't grab me but I'll see where it goes.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

:lol: I've left this thread unread for weeks to avoid reading spoilers and nothing has been added!

I have to say I'm loving the current series, it's full of tension and even with the contrivances (come on, which show doesn't have them?) it's fast paced and keeps us coming back.

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: RE: Re: Homeland

Post by murf »

DrBunker wrote:Image I've left this thread unread for weeks to avoid reading spoilers and nothing has been added!

I have to say I'm loving the current series, it's full of tension and even with the contrivances (come on, which show doesn't have them?) it's fast paced and keeps us coming back.
Has been good again. They really picked things up after the increasingly poor Brody series. Haven't seen the penultimate one yet so can binge watch the last 2.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

I thought I had two to watch and so was gutted to realise I actually didn't after the climactic ending of the last episode. The last series and this one have really brought the show back to where it was at its peak imo.

foxinthebox2001
Dumbledore

Agree, I thought this was a much better series, improved over the 12 instalments, contemporary stotyline, and Carrie mostly kept her emotions in check,
The Russian agent was also a good slow burner.
Still believe though this show is never going to recover to its peak.

Warning, spoiler alert if you have not seen episode 12.

Just a small point, Turkey has not had capital punishment since it was abolished in 2004, and had not executed any prisoners since 1984.
So Numan may have faced jail, but certainly not death. Surprised, as Homeland writers usually pay attention to detail.

ctibbits
Dumbledore

Post by ctibbits »

Finally finished the season. Excellent IMO. Back to where it needs to be certainly.

DrBunker
FISO Knight

Post by DrBunker »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Carrie mostly kept her emotions in check.
The ol' quivering chin/lip? ;) The quality of the show is inversely proportional to the prevalence of that occurring.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Movies, TV & Radio”