To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Late entry

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Late entry

Post by RickyRosa »

Are you thinking of entering a late entry?

Is it worth it?

I have 27 euro left in my account so I could buy another but not sure if it’s worth it with Salahs haul....

Positive is I could get some city and United in...negative is 70 percent of average score...

What is the average score? Does franks site tell us?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Late entry

Post by raoul »

I have put a late one in. Bit experimental but the ability to have Mancs with no transfer cost or WC use must have some value.

Question is whether up and running Wolves and CP turn them over, or whether one GW of info has told me enough to get some benefit.

Time will tell!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

You could probably win two satellites with that money Rick 👍

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I just entered one - they gave me a measly 45 points. What's happened here - have you been butchering the average Ricky? :|

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 09:00 I just entered one - they gave me a measly 45 points. What's happened here - have you been butchering the average Ricky? :|
That puts you ahead of 8 of my teams already...
So average must’ve been around 65pts this week

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Low average is better in all honesty - less ground to make up on most of the field. Obviously not ideal for winning the mega top prizes, but a tidy profit can still be made with a late entry.

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

Definitely, I think it’s good to late enter as many teams as you can, especially with the current overlay.

I’ve got the wife looking over my shoulder with the money I’ve already put in though haha. Also, I don’t know if I can realistically manage any more teams and still enjoy the season.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

On the basis a free wildcard is easily worth 20 points I think late entries have a fair amount of merit. I’m fed up managing my 30 teams though so not sure I can bring myself to do it.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Ha Block!! I’m actually doing ok with my best team in like 550th position and if the game were to stop now I would have recouped the majority if not all of my outlay.

I too love the sattys CBN but they are a bit hit and miss and I find I either win a couple of seats or blank and one thing I learned with poker is that you shouldn’t satty into a game you can afford to play (though as a disclaimer I did know a few yanks who made a living playing sattys but that was in the day when you could unregister and take the thorny dollars).

With just 45 points for entering and given my top team has circa like a hundred I may give it a miss and just save the dollar for the CL game which will inevitably coming and I will no doubt do my stones on again!

I too like CBN didn’t really understand how difficult it was going to be to micro manage 20 teams so maybe adding another as tempting as it might be may not be a great idea?

I’m really struggling for time and find myself spending an hour on it In the evening and I just fall asleep reading FISO instead!

So much so I’m going to have to clear my schedule Thursday PM to allow me to do it!

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

RickyRosa wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 07:16 Are you thinking of entering a late entry?

Is it worth it?

I have 27 euro left in my account so I could buy another but not sure if it’s worth it with Salahs haul....
I was planning to enter a 4th team late (with the 28 euro left in my account) and will still do so given the overlay and 37 GWs still left (plus MC & MU).

One of my 3 teams is in the top 50 but really just picked all 3 teams for GW1.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Wow well done!

So are you WC all your 3x teams set up for week1?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The late entry is looking strong with an extra wildcard and a mammoth 100.3 mil budget to play with.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Great move Block...missed the boat I did!

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Highest scoring keeper in all your teams Ricky 👏 masterstroke. No need for late entries for you, you’ve made a good start I think.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

RickyRosa wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 13:49 Wow well done!

So are you WC all your 3x teams set up for week1?
WC now for at least 2 of them.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Thanks Biddles! First compliment I have received on FISO since 2016!!

Help me out boys...

You got 11m to spend in midfield...

Are you bringing in sterling or Fernandes?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Fernandes

He’s on pens and he’s playing Crystal Palace

Sterling not on penalties and playing Wolves

Long term you want both though

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Those picks are a bit mainstream for The Closer. You’re surely meaning Gundogan and Dan James 🤷‍♂️

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

You’re right CBN...don’t know what I was thinking...I’m going left field.

#igotthis

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”