To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
LoneGunner
Treebeard

Re: Fanteam €1 Million Premier League 20/21 Strategy & General discussion

Post by LoneGunner »

It'll just be a visual glitch. You see it quite a lot where various things aren't calculating correctly for a time, such as in-play £££ being double or triple what it actually should be. The FanTeam website looks like it is held together by paper, string and a mouse running around on a wheel at times.

space
Kevin and Perry

Post by space »

Haha! OK, thanks.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I noticed a few weeks ago that if you click onto the very last page, it shows some strange totals and weekly points, last time I looked team in last place had minus 929 or something, it's just a glitch, as long as your total points are ok not really an issue.

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

aurora wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 18:48 last time I looked team in last place had minus 929 or something
Getting in before Block...

R.Rosa? :mrgreen:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Only one team in the top 10k - this is an appalling performance :shock:

How has this happened after almost 30 pages of strategy discussion at his disposal?!

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

So what is everyone's plan for GW 18 and 19? To me all depends on whether I have the first wc or not. Seems clear if I have used the wc to build to the bgw18 and wc into 19. Will leave rest of the season to navigate but they are some good cheap enablers in 19 to facilitate this
The teams I am holding the 1st wc im more confused by, not convinced the best route. Seems clear to build to dgw but leave enough cover in GW 18. Will mean vastly different teams going forward from 19

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Isn’t the 2nd wildcard only available from week 20?

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

Shit yes, thought it was same as Fpl! Not sure if that simplifies things or not!

space
Kevin and Perry

Post by space »

Using transfers now with GW18 in mind (should be able to field 10/11 players if all goes to plan), then wildcarding all my teams GW19

ludermor
Treebeard

Post by ludermor »

As James says, have you got your 1st wc available? That was my plan but the 2nd wc 8s not till gw 20

space
Kevin and Perry

Post by space »

I haven't wildcarded any of my teams yet. I always planned to save the first one until GW19 unless any of my teams were in really bad shape

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 10:56 To kick us off I think that Timo Werner is great value priced at 10m. Playing for Leipzig he
Dominated the German league and with Giroud getting older and with Tammy seemingly out of favour I think he will be locked into start?
Werner has been dreadful and is one of the worst value for money players in the game. I'm surprised he's still in a whopping 40% of teams - there must be a lot of entrants who have already given up and stopped checking their teams.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

yeah, I gave up on Werner game week 9, not that it matters now, my team is too far behind

does anyone understand why I can't enter the freeroll which is an exclusive for the main game entrants... says you need a ticket but I'm in the main game and haven't been given one.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

aurora wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 11:47 yeah, I gave up on Werner game week 9, not that it matters now, my team is too far behind

does anyone understand why I can't enter the freeroll which is an exclusive for the main game entrants... says you need a ticket but I'm in the main game and haven't been given one.
Yes depends how many teams you have in the main game, think we get four tickets per regular entry,, so if for example you have three main teams, you'll have used the tickets up by now if you've been entering the freeroll every week.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

This is not the outcome Ricky was hoping for :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ottershaw
Wideboy
FS Record: Daily Mirror Manager of the Month.Telegraph European Champion 2012

Post by Ottershaw »

quizking wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 12:43
aurora wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 11:47 yeah, I gave up on Werner game week 9, not that it matters now, my team is too far behind

Yes depends how many teams you have in the main game, think we get four tickets per regular entry,, so if for example you have three main teams, you'll have used the tickets up by now if you've been entering the freeroll every week.
I'm getting the same error message when I try to enter and still should have plenty of tickets to use.

Don't forget yesterdays free roll was cancelled if you entered so you should have got you free roll credit back

Jos
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Shameful

Post by Jos »

First year I have entered this.

Is there a site for possible price rises like in FPL ?

Already used my first WC so god knows what im going to do in GW18 and 19 without the chips you get in FPL... honestly thought you had these in this too.

I will put this first season down to experience :)

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Jos wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 20:22 First year I have entered this.

Is there a site for possible price rises like in FPL ?
We're collating data for FanTeam FPL price changes but difficult at moment to see much correlations. If it isn't random then we'll set something up like CTC in 2021.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 00:13 I’d not compound my mistake and bring in Werner and captain him Ste to make it worth while.

Your team will be stronger overall for it and you can dump Soucek next week.

Soucek has been immense and Werner terrible - this easily has to go down as the worst advice of the season :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:34
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:27
RickyRosa wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 00:13 I’d not compound my mistake and bring in Werner and captain him Ste to make it worth while.

Drop Soucek?!

Please don't follow this advice Stevie - Soucek is a great pick at that price. 8-)
After watching Soucek tonight, he could have had about 3 goals.

At 4.5 he might be a set and forget player
Congrats on still holding Stevie - you need to be really careful about who you take advice from on this forum. Normally it pays off to do the exact opposite of what Ricky suggests :D

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 12:34
Stevieste wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:34
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:27

Drop Soucek?!

Please don't follow this advice Stevie - Soucek is a great pick at that price. 8-)
After watching Soucek tonight, he could have had about 3 goals.

At 4.5 he might be a set and forget player
Congrats on still holding Stevie - you need to be really careful about who you take advice from on this forum. Normally it pays off to do the exact opposite of what Ricky suggests :D
Yeh he been my best player, shame the rest of my team garbage haha.

Coming off Kane and Son after there great start was my biggest mistake this season and not recovered since

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Still plenty of time left this season Ste.

Even if you just try and win your buy-in back.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

RickyRosa wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 18:19 Still plenty of time left this season Ste.

Even if you just try and win your buy-in back.
KDB captain today going well so far, im just gutted i left Alderwield 13 points as first sub on my bench 🤦🏼‍♂️

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Why would i leave Toby on bench in that game ahead of Watkins 😩

Hindsight a wonderful thing
F6E81926-5900-4DDA-AC51-0EDD4B571704.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

There are going to be some chunky swings this week. The manager in 8th and 10th sucked up two -12s and could still only get nine on the pitch this week, whereas I've seen others in that top bracket as low as 7 players. Our esteemed longtime former leader, Saintpoll, took a -16 and is still without keeper coverage :shock:

How are you all playing it? I needed only a -4 in my highest two teams to get a full quota, and made transfers with a view to GW19 too, in the expectancy I will WC ahead of GW20 wherever needed. Some of the transfers I've seen this week suggest a few others are following this approach.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

This week and next week will see some serious movement. I had some teams that were brutalised without Villa players and others where I could field 11 players without a hit. Next week could be even more interesting - if you have a wildcard left you can get 11 players out who have two games each...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Don't need a wildcard to achieve that with a decent bench cbn. Although if Leeds saints cancelled might be short. I have gone quality rather than quantity this week surprised that the likes of Jones bones have sat on his hands though. I always feel I'm making progress in this game only for the gap to the leaders never really change.... But happy with set up and got extra in bank compared to most

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Took a minus 16 in my best team but will likely get 11 on the pitch as long as Alderweireld isn’t dropped 🙄 the minus 16 was also a hit I took with a view on the following week where my plans are to have 9 players playing two games each and Kane and Son one. Although as Yorkie says Leeds may only get the one game so That scuppers my Meslier choice. My second team did a -8 and third team -4 with at least 9 players playing in both so we’ll see.... Again, both set up nicely for the double gameweek though.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:14 Don't need a wildcard to achieve that with a decent bench cbn. Although if Leeds saints cancelled might be short. I have gone quality rather than quantity this week surprised that the likes of Jones bones have sat on his hands though. I always feel I'm making progress in this game only for the gap to the leaders never really change.... But happy with set up and got extra in bank compared to most
I’d be staggered if you’re set up to get 11 starters doubling next week given the Leeds and Villa rearrangements. I’ve got a couple of teams in 1,000th ish with wildcards - will share how much ground it gains me 👍

Otherwise I’ve got a team that might get into the top 100 this week but like you it’s hard progress gaining much ground.

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

I’m sitting 17th, having moved up slightly

Had 9 playing in the bgw with a -8, should’ve be been 10 with Tierney (not one of my trans)
Transfers bought me 10 points so net gain of just 2 and I’m probably gonna bench the players this week
So I couldve been just 2 points worse off with just a FT and 7 starters
30 from 46 points came from Man City Dias, Cancelo and KdB(C)

Now that Man City have pretty much best double I’m well setup I think 🤔
Gonna have 8 doublers with an obvious FT plus Son, Kane, Bamford and 3 cheap Arsenal players on the bench
Spurs, Leeds, Arsenal and Wolves have SGW fixtures that could end up more productive than many of the DGWers

Can’t see how anyone would be in terrible shape - maybe those with little city but surely took the hits to get city last week if they needed to?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”