To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

withdrawal issues.

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Dumbledore

withdrawal issues.

Post by 12345678 »

my first request to withdraw a chunk of cash has been declined.

one word of warning before going on - something that was not my issue - it seems you need to withdraw cash to the bank you supplied ID from.

what i think has happened is this, they have verified my account on paperwork they shouldn't have, was a front page of the statement. only other possibility - unlikely - is that i have given them a deposit account instead.

i suspect they need a proper statement page but haven't said this. the e-mail just says documents missing and the unhelpful desk (all dailies have them!) said there is a mismatch which i very much doubt.

fortunately i have a contact there so he can try and find out where they have lashed up then i can send anything further that they need.

sadly daily/weekend games are very badly let down by poorly informed helpdesks right across the board, although for me easily the worst is draft kings.

will let you know how it is resolved but be ready for a palaver if you wish to withdraw cash!

Dumbledore

Re: withdrawal issues.

Post by 12345678 »

account now unblocked without sending further documents, still waiting for an explanation as to what happened.

no doubt my contact rather than the unhelpful desk but will pass ought on that i can to help others hitting the same problem.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

If I deposited via PayPal (which I did despite the poo4 exchange rate) I am assuming I will just withdraw to my paypal account when I win?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

RickyRosa wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 19:45 If I deposited via PayPal (which I did despite the poo4 exchange rate) I am assuming I will just withdraw to my paypal account when I win?

When I win :lol: :lol:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

RickyRosa wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 19:45 If I deposited via PayPal (which I did despite the poo4 exchange rate) I am assuming I will just withdraw to my paypal account when I win?
In general I understand that for companies like FanTeam the funds withdrawn need to go back to the original source as far as possible. Some credit card providers won't accept more credit back than was originally deposited so then other options like a bank transfer would be the solution.

By the way, using one of the new FinTech Banks (e.g. Revolut or Monzo) would mean you can avoid the poor currency exchange rate that PayPal offer.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Dot wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 19:48

When I win :lol: :lol:
you know me Dot....

cant say I lack self belief.

genuinely think I am in with a chance, just put my master plan in place.

fingers crossed it works!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

a bit delayed with this reply as i have given fanteam some time to clarify issues which they have not. so just offering some help from what i have gleaned and guessed. firstly i think chris is right, whilst it appears that you can withdraw cash wherever you want i think you need to withdraw it to the bank you deposited from. re all the details IBAN and the other category that is actually the BIC number on my bank statement from lloyds you should be able to lift these from statements or online i think. re the actual issues i had with withdrawal they haven't exactly been candid on what happened on my account but generally speaking the issue seems to be the UK Gambling Commission with the withdrawal a bit of a red herring. as i understand it the UK Gambling Commission put in new KYC requirements, that then led to my account being frozen (unverified if you like) which then meant i couldn't withdraw nor enter contests until it was sorted. i've just tried to withdraw again so will let you know when the cash hits my account. basically i got lucky in the first weekend contest and picked up over 3000 euros for finishing 2nd in the 20 euro contest. the banks seem to be charging about 1% in some shape or form (for larger deposits) for overseas deposits so have left a decent balance in to reduce the risk of needing to deposit again. unfortunately as no further info has been forthcoming all i can suggest is that if your account becomes 'unverified' that you fight it out with the 'unhelpful' desk to try and get the account verified again.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Does that mean a major winner who has paid with Paypal will have to pay commission when they withdraw?

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

not sure what happened to my first reply. in short i have no idea! re deposits i think overall the banks charges are a bit less than the loss due to the poor exchange rate with paypal. i am not expecting costs re withdrawal but could easily be mistaken. will let you know what happens in my lloyds account when i can see the funds! no issues with fantasybet who are in £££.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

12345678 wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 10:33 not sure what happened to my first reply. in short i have no idea! re deposits i think overall the banks charges are a bit less than the loss due to the poor exchange rate with paypal. i am not expecting costs re withdrawal but could easily be mistaken. will let you know what happens in my lloyds account when i can see the funds! no issues with fantasybet who are in £££.
Depends what Bank you use. I've used Revolut Bank to deposit at end of last week and got the interbank rate exchange of 1.09 and no fees. Monzo Bank should also be the same. The new FinTech banks much better for exchange rates and accept instant no-fee transfers from your existing bank account. PayPal will take around 3% on the currency exchange.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”