To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

optimum strategy

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Agent Overson
Treebeard

Re: optimum strategy

Post by Agent Overson »

RickyRosa wrote:Get what you are saying Block.

Believe me, I have spent a redic amount of time researching and studying this.

Honestly, maybe 40 hours plus.

I honestly believe I am set up now.

Massive risk I know...especially with double game weeks and if this was sun dream team I for sure would not have done it but I am only allowed 3 players from each team so reasoned that it’s worth the risk, after all, you know what I’m like.

He who dares...
You’ve spent 40 hours researching but still don’t know the rules? Image

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:25 You used your wildcard in all 3 teams Ricky :shock:

What are you going to do in the 2nd part of the season when there's double gameweeks, staggered fixtures, not to mention Liverpool jetting off to compete in the Fifa Club World Cup.
Presuming you can’t carry your first wildcard over so pretty pointless hording it.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I can't see anything about the 1st wildcard having to be used in the 1st half of the season.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

viewtopic.php?f=381&t=130440

In the rules posted by admin

also bottom left hand side on the game landing page

https://www.fanteam.com/season-game/171482

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Thanks for clarifying. I guess the wildcard strategy will be vital in the 2nd half of the season - do you save it for staggered fixtures or a double gameweek?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I'll be wildcarding this week if Digne and Zinchenko are indeed injured. Assume others are in the same boat?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Agent Overson wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 15:54
RickyRosa wrote:Get what you are saying Block.

Believe me, I have spent a redic amount of time researching and studying this.

Honestly, maybe 40 hours plus.

I honestly believe I am set up now.

Massive risk I know...especially with double game weeks and if this was sun dream team I for sure would not have done it but I am only allowed 3 players from each team so reasoned that it’s worth the risk, after all, you know what I’m like.

He who dares...
You’ve spent 40 hours researching but still don’t know the rules? Image
No idea what your typing about?

Think I know the rules inside out to be fair, after all I spent circa most people’s working week researching them.

Looking for the opportunities.

To be fair though, it is my first ever craic at an FPL like game.....

Maybe I have screwed up; however; despite this week not going so well, feel I have deployed the optimum strategy one could deploy with just 3 teams entered.

It’s a tried and tested (and proved to be successful but in the SDT format which I know is Completely different) strategy.

Who knows; it may be a winning one with Fanteam, it may not, but at least I have been brave.

My experience in life has taught me that fortune favours the brave.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

It's a tried and tested, in a completely different format, strategy!

Ricky, you crack me up :mrgreen:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Good luck to you, I mean it

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I just used my wildcard to take out Salah :shock:

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Is that a Welsh accent? Ricky?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

thanks guys.

I know it lloks a bit crazy but I was stuck with origin and co upfront and I knew I just had to go for it.

My strategy is the one I utilised in 2016 when I did so well in those two euro comps....I know its a different format, however, truly believe that they are similar games.

Fantasy football.

(indeed you can detect a Welsh accent Yorkshire).

I'd wish you all good luck, however, if your playing fanteam I would be lying.

:)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 16:29 Thanks for clarifying. I guess the wildcard strategy will be vital in the 2nd half of the season - do you save it for staggered fixtures or a double gameweek?
From FPL...

The staggered GW should be in 1 GW ie it will last 2 weeks.

The timing of the 2nd WC is more important than the 1st imho. (I used mine this morning to get out of 3 Lpool defenders, which seemed like a good plan preseason. Feel free to have a read etc of Sensible blah as I try and explain stuff there and a few good posters contribute...) The 2nd WC can be used to get in or out of the Blank and Double GW's, but I wouldn't worry about that as it ages away.

But the Lpool\WHam blank is in December so worth keeping an eye on exposure to those 2 and fook I have just realised I won't have a GK, hey ho I'll be on Fab for the DGW anyway. 😂

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 22:05 thanks guys.

I know it lloks a bit crazy but I was stuck with origin and co upfront and I knew I just had to go for it.

My strategy is the one I utilised in 2016 when I did so well in those two euro comps....I know its a different format, however, truly believe that they are similar games.

Fantasy football.

(indeed you can detect a Welsh accent Yorkshire).

I'd wish you all good luck, however, if your playing fanteam I would be lying.

:)
I agree with the others in that this is a completely different game and format. You did well in 2016 as Real Madrid and Portugal delivered unlikely victories so plumping for those blocks paid off.

This game isn't about blocks and is more about having a solid team with efficient use of captains. That's why I don't understand why you went for 3 Man City defenders - you're going to miss out on so many big points hauls when Sterling and Aguero score big, thus negating any cleansheet points your city block may keep. Only a series of 1-0 or 2-0 victories will see that strategy pay off. Not going to happen based on what I've seen so far as City scored 5 at West Ham and had 30 shots on goal yesterday against Spurs.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I get it Block and of course your right with regards how dangerous Citeh are at attacking.

If I had picked that team in isolation then absolutely agree with your thought process and comments.

A team without Stirling seems (and I concede may even be proved to be) madness.

But (please do excuse me if I’m wrong) I honestly believe despite there similarities that Fanteam is a different game to FPL.

I believe if your playing the game for just the FPL kudos (I.e not playing cash side games/leagues) that the majority of players will have just one team.

That’s the difference imop, Fanteam has loads of manager# with multiple teams, many like Sandor have over a 100

I believe that trying to pick the perfect team when competing against such clever and multi teaming managers is incredibly tough and the odds of doing so are thousands to one.

Trying to find the gems like mount, pukki, Rico and co from the off is like looking for the holy grail ( don’t get me wrong some very skilful and very lucky managers will do so and what’s the chances of me in my first ever season doing so) and as such I believe I need to employ a strategy that allows me to differentiate from the masses and to so to speak either decrease my probability of wining to almost zero or indeed increase the chances of me winning exponentially.

Whilst I am incredibly lucky, I am also despite my wind up posts or posts that are full of self belief or never say die quotes quite realistic about my chances of winning against such skilful FPL players like Blah and co. (Let alone Sandor and co)

Hence the reason I decide not to play a singular team approach and elect instead to take on a high risk strategy.

After all as 2016 taught me....

He who dares and all that.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

You don't need to pick a very high risk team - Sandor got off to a shocker. A solid team would see you in front of him. Now you just need to worry about Cujo, but he always makes the same transfer to all teams so in essence you just need to beat his one team - of which there are 100 copies.

Hence, there is no need to go 3 city at the back to be completely different and leave yourself exposed to big city attacking points returns. Yes you have it covered in another team, but now your differentials in the other team need to be on the money. So instead of having 2 opportunities to pick a good set of differentials, you gave yourself only 1 opportunity if the big city attacking points come in as expected.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The good news is that this can easily be fixed. The bad news is that it will cost you 4 points if you make the changes before the Brighton game. Sandor will wildcard a lot of teams this week and will have quite a few overtake your 3 city defender team with Sterling and Aguero captains. You're the only one who can prevent this - I leave it up to you.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Leave the genius to it.

He dodged the Kane bullet this week and he’ll dodge the Sterling/Aguero bullets next. Brighton will obviously do a Newcastle and win 1-0.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Ricky's pride won't let him take a points deduction - it would mean admitting to making a mistake in the 1st place when using his wildcard.

I look forward to revisiting this thread in a few days :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

"Last season, Sterling averaged 12.1 PPG during home matches against teams who finished in the bottom half of the table."

"Aguero averaged 10.0 PPG during home matches against the bottom eight teams last season."

I took these stats from a well-known FPL player on Twitter - best of luck to your 3 city defender team Ricky. I will start to think you're immortal if you end up dodging these bullets today :D

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

What a player Sandor is.

His team in 2nd had Robertson and TAA on the bench!

Some next level shit right there.

Cujo still dominating the top 100 as well

Going to be tough to beat these outstanding managers.

I’m going too though.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I'm not sure its next level shit, I suspect he had the pool clean sheet well covered somewhere

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Adrian and Zouma will be straight out of the team after the international break.

So it's either take a points deduction or have no Liverpool attacking coverage at home to Newcastle :shock:

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

RickyRosa wrote:

I’m going too though.
Congratulations on second place in advance, Ricky Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 09:46 What a player Sandor is.

His team in 2nd had Robertson and TAA on the bench!

Some next level shit right there.

Cujo still dominating the top 100 as well

I’m going too though.
Three of Sandors teams overtook your 3 city defender team with an Aguero captain as I predicted. :|

It would have been worth taking the 4 point hit, no?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The 3 city defender team isn't going to go anywhere - I plead with you one final time to take the points deduction in order to fix this.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

If only he still had his wildcards

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

City normally put 5 or 6 past Watford under Guardiola. Ricky HAS to take the points deduction or this could get messy :shock:

There's already a 35 points difference between Aguero (as captain) and each of the city defenders over the past 2 gameweeks since the initial advice was given. :|

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Whilst there is a pure 35 point difference don’t forget my playing striker will also score points offsetting a little when the opposing teams with weaker defences struggle in particular game weeks.

Saying that I seriously considered taking a hit for Aguero or sterling but alas my inadvertent mistake of bringing in Origi last game week and some unfortunate injuries mean my transfers are being used for essential moves only and not for strategy adjustments.

Which means I’m stuck with my City defence.

Just going to roll with it.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 12:42 City normally put 5 or 6 past Watford under Guardiola. Ricky HAS to take the points deduction or this could get messy :shock:

There's already a 35 points difference between Aguero (as captain) and each of the city defenders over the past 2 gameweeks since the initial advice was given. :|
8-)

It was bonkers to go without City attacking coverage, but this ship has probably sailed now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”