To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Safety Net - Weekly Monster

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: Safety Net - Weekly Monster

Post by robot »

robot wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 16:12 Free one please robot on fanteam also.

Very impressed overall aside from the safety net.

Dont think I got the free credit, take it this post was missed.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

“All non starting players will be replaced at the beginning of their match”

Does that mean that if the player you originally picked comes on and scores a hat trick you still get the replacement’s points?

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned as a MAJOR flaw in the rule.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Agent Overson wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 15:46 “All non starting players will be replaced at the beginning of their match”

Does that mean that if the player you originally picked comes on and scores a hat trick you still get the replacement’s points?

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned as a MAJOR flaw in the rule.
Why would u not get the replacements points, the flaw would be if your replacement scores a hatty and the your original pick comes on to deny u them points.

I had the very same argument with them in a game a month or so ago when my madrid player didnt start and was replaced with kroos who got 8pts, my original pick came on and got zero. The next day I noticed that my original pick had been put in my team and I had lost those 8pts.

It eventually got reversed again, not that it made any difference to my team getting in the money!

The point being, you cant have a rule, safety net, where a player gets replaced if not starting, only for that player to lose any points if the original pick comes on. It will hurt you more than it will help u 99% of the time!

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Imagine you pick a top class player (let’s say Sterling) and he doesn’t start because of Pep roulette but another player is injured after 2 minutes and Sterling comes on and plays 88 mins and scores a hatty but because he didn’t start you don’t get his haul. He was your original pick after all. You’d be fuming!

Surely the rule should be that if your original player plays no part then the replacement comes in but if he plays some part he stays in your team. Much like subs in FPL.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

But how often does your scenario happen, the main issue for me is the safety net being used at all.

If they want to help people with non starters then they should introduce subs, picking city players now has no risk reward, you know a player could get rotated but it wont matter as you just get the next player on the list. The same with any team but city being the most obvious danger with rotation.

Anyway, I know what you are getting at but I think it's right how they do it now regards you get the replacements points, early injuries or whatever is just bad luck.

Your way you are either going to gain points from the replacement to then possibly lose them all if original player comes on
Or,
Effectively get 2 bites of the cherry if the replacement does nothing then the original pick comes on and gets a goal or 2.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

I agree re. subs.

FanTeam is essentially a rip off of FPL. They should at least rip off what makes FPL the game it is ie. squad based with subs. And if they don’t want subs, then they should copy how subs are implemented with safety net replacements ie. if an original XI pick doesn’t play any part on the game only then does the sub/replacement come in.

Anyway, the safety net is still there and what I’d really like to know from FanTeam is which customers wanted it. They asked us and we were a unanimous 100% against it. I haven’t seen anything on social media nor seen or heard about any questionnaires via email or their site for current players. So who are these customers that wanted it and how was that communicated?

Come on FanTeam speak up.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I think we know the answer

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Yep, Mr Kovacks’ and Mr Cujo me thinks....

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Anyone pick Aguero (5 points) to have him replaced by Jesus (0 points) this week?

Great feature FanTeam

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Agent Overson wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:14 Anyone pick Aguero (5 points) to have him replaced by Jesus (0 points) this week?

Great feature FanTeam Image
Overall it is a great feature. Sometimes the player benched will outscore the player starting. You wouldn't be in your right mind to purposely select Aguero knowing he was benched and may not even got on the pitch when there's another Man City striker starting. And it's the same for everyone. Wonder who will take the next penalty when Aguero's not on the pitch?

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Would that still be your opinion if you weren’t profiting from the promotion of FanTeam, Chris?

If an originally selected player doesn’t play at all, then fine - replace them with the safety net. Otherwise, just like in FPL, if a player in your starting XI features at any point then they should stay. It’s not rocket science. It would also open up the player pool for more variation as opposed to immediately disposing of a points scoring player, in this case Aguero.

Anyone could have picked Aguero if they wasn’t around for team news.

Having conversed with a senior member of FanTeam on the phone a number of times and having met another member of Scout Gaming in person, I have first hand experience of how clueless they are.

I’d assume KDB would take the next pen in that scenario but let’s hope he doesn’t come off the bench to do it, otherwise it’d mean nothing if you have him.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Agent Overson wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 11:14 Anyone pick Aguero (5 points) to have him replaced by Jesus (0 points) this week?

Great feature FanTeam Image
Agree with you on this - Fanteam need to sort it out. It could quite easily be a strategy of someone to purposely pick someone benched. If Aguero had been cheaper to buy than jesus would you then get the points for Aguero?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Agent Overson wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 12:50 Would that still be your opinion if you weren’t profiting from the promotion of FanTeam, Chris? Image
Well yes it would be Russ.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Biddles32 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:23 It could quite easily be a strategy of someone to purposely pick someone benched.
Why would that be a sensible strategy?
Biddles32 wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 14:23 If Aguero had been cheaper to buy than jesus would you then get the points for Aguero?
If you picked Aguero and he was the cheapest Man City striker then there is no-one that he could be swapped for under the 'safety net' rules, so yes in that scenario you would have got Aguero's points. Assuming of course you hadn't seen the team news and sensibly swapped him out yourself for Jesus or another player.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I didn't say it was a sensible strategy but there is always a chance a player can come on and make an impact especially elite players such as Aguero. And to get the upper the hand on other players it could work out to be a good strategy especially as most people who entered last night would have picked Jesus. I'm just trying to think outside the box.....

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I'm not a fan of the safety net but not for the reasons above. You cant moan about aguero getting 5pts and jesus 0! The amount of times that scenario would happen would be minimal and as I've mention before I had the opposite thing happen when they first introduced it.

It was a la liga tourney and I picked a player for madrid who didnt start, I got kroos instead who scored 8pts, the next day I looked at my team and my original pick had been put back in the team for zero points!!!

I messaged them and they said that because my original pick had come on with 8 minutes to go he returns to my team and I would only get kroos if my original pick hadn't played!!

There argument was what if my original player had scored a hatty in those 8 minutes!!!

It's clear if they are applying the rule then once the safety net needs to be applied then your original pick should be replaced permanently and I think they saw my point as an hour later kroos was back in the team!

Obviously if you still wanted to have aguero then it's not possible and maybe something they could look at, maybe an option to tick a player you dont want to be affected by the safety net? Not sure how much it would be used though!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

ronny10 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 11:15
It was a la liga tourney and I picked a player for madrid who didnt start, I got kroos instead who scored 8pts, the next day I looked at my team and my original pick had been put back in the team for zero points!!!

I messaged them and they said that because my original pick had come on with 8 minutes to go he returns to my team and I would only get kroos if my original pick hadn't played!!

There argument was what if my original player had scored a hatty in those 8 minutes!!!

It's clear if they are applying the rule then once the safety net needs to be applied then your original pick should be replaced permanently and I think they saw my point as an hour later kroos was back in the team!
that sounds like a glitch kroos coming in temporarily, maybe fanteam reps would care to clarify

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

ronny10 wrote:You cant moan about aguero getting 5pts and jesus 0!
Yes I can. I did. It makes Aguero or any other elite player capable of coming on and making a positive impact redundant and if you want a City attacking triple up (including the main striker), your hand is forced to pick a player (Jesus) that you never wanted.

Anyone in favour of this feature must think FPL’s subs feature is flawed.

So if your starting XI player in FPL doesn’t start the game, your first eligible sub should immediately come in regardless of whether your starter plays any part or not? Ridiculous.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

12345678 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 11:48

that sounds like a glitch kroos coming in temporarily, maybe fanteam reps would care to clarify
Maybe but the person on chat seemed to think it was the way it was supposed to be so I'm not sure, was eventually put right anyway, if it was changed on the back of the conversation I had I dont know.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Agent Overson wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 12:10
ronny10 wrote:You cant moan about aguero getting 5pts and jesus 0!
Yes I can. I did. It makes Aguero or any other elite player capable of coming on and making a positive impact redundant and if you want a City attacking triple up (including the main striker), your hand is forced to pick a player (Jesus) that you never wanted.

Anyone in favour of this feature must think FPL’s subs feature is flawed.

So if your starting XI player in FPL doesn’t start the game, your first eligible sub should immediately come in regardless of whether your starter plays any part or not? Ridiculous.
It's not fpl though is it and we dont use subs in the daily games!

The point is, how many occasions during a season are you going too pick a substitute over a starter and it actually be successful. So for them to implement a system that has your original pick chosen over the safety net player even if he plays 30 seconds would be pointless and therefore may aswell do away with it altogether ( my preference)

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

The subs point is the best example of a comparison to a game it is 95% based on.

Anyone could pick Aguero (or any other player) if they aren’t around for team news. How often a sub outscores a starter is irrelevant. If I want Aguero, I want Aguero. Regardless of whether he’s on the bench or not. As a paying player that’s my right of choice.

As I keep saying. The safety net should only come into play if you original player plays no part at all. The feature in its current form reduces the skill element massively.

This isn’t fantasy football. This is a lottery.

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Agent Overson wrote:So who are these customers that wanted it and how was that communicated?
Bump

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I totally agree regards reducing the skill element and its also a huge advantage to the multis.

I do think its implemented correctly though even if it doesnt necessarily do those who dont enter a large amount any favors.

I dont particularly care how they do it so long as it's clear how it works before I enter, which in my example above it wasnt hence my argument regards Kroos

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

ronny10 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 13:14
12345678 wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 11:48

Maybe but the person on chat seemed to think it was the way it was supposed to be so I'm not sure, was eventually put right anyway, if it was changed on the back of the conversation I had I dont know.
helpdesks across ALL pay to play short games are generally pretty clueless, the simply haven't been adequately trained to deal with in depth questions, even the supervisors blunder about! sadly they 'guess' instead of seeking clarification. not really a criticism of fanteam at all as the problem exists across the board

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Agreed. My understanding is that you shouldn’t have got KRoos points?

For example I had Sterling today in FA Cup game who got safety netted for B sIlva. sterling came on and I got Sterling’s 2points as opposed to B silvas 5pts which he had earned before he left my team for my original pick sterling.

Seems very inconsistent?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Really!!!!!! Cant be right

Agent Overson
Treebeard

Post by Agent Overson »

Looks like Ricky still has Sterling (c) 4 points in his second best team, alongside Bernardo and no safety net replacements. No idea who he should have been replaced by as I didn’t play, Mahrez?

Oh dear FanTeam.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

This morning I know have D SIlva in my team as opposed to Sterling....maybe it was a glitch as my VC has double points.....

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yeah that seems about right then

kickrem
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: BILD Super-Manager Champion 2012/2013; You The Manager Champion 2009/2010

Post by kickrem »

Hi to All,

For me Safety Net rule should be off. It´s ridiculous to see how worse players beat better ones because of that. I will give you a real example. La Liga 20€ competition last weekend. I was 14th but several of the guys who beat me had 1, 2 or even 4 players subbed automatically because of this stupid rule. In any sport or competition...a mediocre player can´t beat a better one. A good player spend lots of time checking the probable line-ups...how can a guy with 4 players wrong be in a better place? Please stop this ridiculous and unfair rule. See below an example:

Automatic substitutions made
Rodrygo RMA
RMA Valverde
Casemiro RMA
RMA Vinicius

M. Gómez VAL
VAL Rodrigo
Espinosa ESP
ESP Naldo

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”