To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Regulars Draft League

A forum for all Draft FPL Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

FISO Regulars Draft League

Post by Ruth_NZ »

This thread is for the FISO Rookies Draft League which starts on August 4th. The league is currently fully subscribed unless anyone pulls out. :)

I look forward to some interesting chatter as we get used to the game.

Edit: The league name has now been changed to "FISO Regulars" in order to avoid a clash with another FISO DL.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 23 Jul 2017, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: FISO Rookies

Post by MoSe »

Hi, entered.
I guess it's easier if we comment about settings here, rather than flinging PMs around.... :)
If I may quote a point from there
The time limit for picks is currently set at 60 seconds (default is 90 seconds).

10 teams = 150 picks = 2.5 hours at that speed.

Would you prefer 30 seconds (the minimum)?
I think that could work if everyone is reasonably well prepared.
2.5 hours at that speed AT MOST :D

in the test draft run here and discussed in a topic, they were 8 with 90sec as default. 120 picks * 1.5min = 180'
It could have taken up to 3hrs, they completed it in half an hour instead
Lots of time will be actually spared by quick picks, many times you won't need to use it all. And autopicks for offline players would be immediate (after the first miss).

Bringing down limit to 30" would likely mean you'd need it all for most picks, there would be less leeway time to spare.
Say we'd take 80 minutes with 60" (guesstimating to spare almost half the maximum time), I don't think we'd bring it down to 40' with 30", there would be less room for pick time to be spared

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

BTW I realised a topic for a specific draft league should belong to the sub-subforum here viewforum.php?f=378

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is this a different league from the "Fpl rookie draft league" which has a thread here

viewtopic.php?f=378&t=124772

With so many small draft leagues due to the format of the game it will be hard to keep track which is which if they are named similarly :) I think we should move the discussion though (I will do so for you) if the thread is effectively a discussion around a private league competition. There will be a lot of these popping up I should think as it will make sense for regulars to want to have a place to discuss their league. It would be a shame if all chatter got siloed though. I don't really know how we encourage pooling of ideas and discussion in the main FPL Draft forum, or if we even should.

I think we'll just see how the sub-forum shapes up over the next few weeks and months.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote:Hi, entered.
2.5 hours at that speed AT MOST. :D

in the test draft run here and discussed in a topic, they were 8 with 90sec as default. 120 picks * 1.5min = 180'
It could have taken up to 3hrs, they completed it in half an hour instead, lots of time will be actually spared by quick picks...
Ah, good to know, MoSe. I'll leave it set at 60 seconds then. :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mav3rick wrote:Is this a different league from the "Fpl rookie draft league" which has a thread here?

viewtopic.php?f=378&t=124772

With so many small draft leagues due to the format of the game it will be hard to keep track which is which if they are named similarly. :)

I think we should move the discussion though (I will do so for you) if the thread is effectively a discussion around a private league competition.

I think we'll just see how the sub-forum shapes up over the next few weeks and months.
Yes, it's different. I could re-name it? This is a private DL and the participants are myself, MoSe, Catman, Pirlo'sB, snakzz, MoBot, wahine, Joccki, Username and TopMarx. Basically a bunch of FISO regulars that are just doing a DL together to discover how it works really (and have a bit of fun).

I assumed it would be OK to have one thread for that particular DL in this forum but maybe you have other ideas?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

maybe when a league wants to discuss under this topic they could name their topic like
FISO Rookies - League discussion
so its clear to others that arent interested what is in here

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I assumed it would be OK to have one thread for that particular DL in this forum but maybe you have other ideas?
It's completely fine to have a thread for the league, it's a totally valid use of both the sub forum and of the way that draft FPL works.

I imagine that the league threads will become mini-rounded keepers, which is kind of the point of draft leagues, where it's a more personal and close competition. I can't see any other way to use the forum, but I'm not going to prescribe any behaviour anyway. As I said, I think we should leave things to develop naturally and see how we organically grow threads. Yours just happens to be the first one created so has drawn my thoughts, that's all :D

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Xcuzme, why would mods have created a sub-subforum named "FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games" if not expressly to have a topic here for each draft minileague and for its members to post in it?
I'm mystified now about all this questioning.

I thought the only problem would have been the leagues similar naming

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

There is no questioning MoSe. If that's how it came across then I apologise :mrgreen:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: FISO Regulars

Post by Ruth_NZ »

League name has been changed to avoid any clashes. :)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Re: FISO Regulars Draft League

Post by Spencer4 »

Bit slow to this one, is this league fully subscribed now?

If so, and not being a Rookie, shall I start an new league?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

="Spencer4"
Bit slow to this one, is this league fully subscribed now?

sorry S4 this league got arranged via PM and was born full-booked
"Ruth_NZ"
This is a private DL and the participants are

myself, MoSe, Catman, Pirlo'sB, snakzz, MoBot, wahine, Joccki, Username and TopMarx.

Basically a bunch of FISO regulars that are just doing a DL together to discover how it works really (and have a bit of fun)
I don't think S.Sutton strictly meant "rookies", just anyone not expert in draft games, you should ask him in his topic.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

HMM i joined a public league to have another look at the game, guess what? noone turned up for the draft,
I was first and got Kane and Firmino then Benteke, a pretty ordinary lot of midfielders, and 5 nice defenders.
The draft started off really slowly , as you would imagine if noone turned up - then it flew by at the rate of knots and
because i had two turns one after the other it was quite hectic.
Geeze I wonder if they will mind if i leave that league before it begins

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I don't think you can. I also joined what I thought was a practise draft but apparently it wasn't, the league hasn't been deleted. So they'll be competing against a dead team, this is the only DL that I'll be putting some effort into.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

when a league is set up does the chatroom have to be added on as an extra?
Because I didnt see one, but then there was nobody else to ask if they were just having a practice
maybe the others will surface later on and it could be deleted otherwise it will just play out

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

I set a draft and didn't change the original settings, the chatbox was there, below the player list

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Spencer4 wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 18:21 Bit slow to this one, is this league fully subscribed now?

I'd be up for a new league if you want to set another one Spencer4?

What about seeing if the TFF Four Full Drafters want to do an FPL equivalent and then we could have a "King of the Drafters" combo league or similar?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

thebillfella wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 14:49
Spencer4 wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 18:21 Bit slow to this one, is this league fully subscribed now?

I'd be up for a new league if you want to set another one Spencer4?

What about seeing if the TFF Four Full Drafters want to do an FPL equivalent and then we could have a "King of the Drafters" combo league or similar?
Ok let's see if we get enough interest. I'm not going to over do this game, the Rookie's league and one other should do it. Happy to join one for the TFFers.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ and other participants of this Draft League, is there any possibility of the draft opening changing time? I won't be available for the 4th of August at 20:00...

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Welcome Pirlo, our tally of 10 managers is now complete. :)

Joccki - I have no objection though I suspect that any time we choose will be difficult for someone. If you want to poll the others and come up with an alternative, feel free. Otherwise it will just be a matter of sorting your draft list out well. I may need to do that also, not sure if I can make next Friday either.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I dont mind when you have it, im happy to go in via watchlist and if I can I will look in, otherwise i am looking forward to seeing the teams everyone drafted and the discussions that will follow.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Well, I have a football training that starts at 20:00 (your 19:00) so the best for me would be to start the draft at your 21:30 and my 22:30. If that's possible for everyone, of course.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

No probs for me.
     I can go home from office between 5pm (4pm BST) and 9pm (8pm BST), the latter meaning I'd linger after workhours to exploit the work PC ;)
     It takes me about 30m to get home driving, so if you do it early i'd follow it from office PC and if you do it later I'll make sure I'll be home to do it from mobile.

I'll try to have my watchlist setup anyway.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

RNZ, I figure only the admin can see the league ID???
:?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Found it: in the join code you sent us :)

https://ratemyteam.uk/Fiso/DraftLeague/5979

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nice one, MoSe, that's a great tool! I thought my squad was a bit weak. Now I see they all are. :wink:

Should be fun!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 22:17 that's a great tool!
Indeed!
That's Mav3rick's site, and tools.
Credits to him!

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Wow those double picks really stressed me out, haha

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

has anyone considered the possible rank you might have when chosing your watchlist i mean what if you get 1st pick and therefore 20th pick next, would that affect the way you frame a watchlist, and if you had 5th pick would you change strategy?
im sure if you were in a big money league you would really have to have your wits about you and consider the order of the draft? obviously you dont know until just before kickoff but say you had several lists prepared and watched what the others had, i guess its akin to being a pro poker player - anyway i will happily play the cards i have been dealt , I tossed up whether to leave Diego in my watchlist and he ended up in my team but I still dont know whether he remains at Chelsea or in the PL but lifes a gamble eh. Did I see someone with a Chelsea block?
Thanks for the game, will look forward to learning from it. Good luck team.

Oh just read Mav3ricks ideas (draft strategy)on the order of draft and strategy depending on that order, its going to interest those forumites that like their statistics and anaylising no doubt, and something I was considering when i was doing my watchlist because I have done three drafts now and been first in two of them
But i feel the public one i did when nobody else turned up ( i was 5th in the order i think) was the best team I drafted so far but then i did have the advantage of seeing who was available and changing my watch pick when there was a favourable player that was ignored by the auto pick system.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft Mini-Leagues & Side Games”