To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trades

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Trades

Post by Finisher1 »

What's the point of the new addition 'trades'? It just brings in a chance for a bunch of managers to ally against some other manager(s).

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Trades

Post by Zimmerman »

Could create a real life transfer dealing scenario if money at stake.

And obviously plays well in to the hands for people to collude or even hustle from the outset.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 09:48 Could create a real life transfer dealing scenario if money at stake.
Yeah, but like you said it will create a chance to collude and hustle. I can imagine it will be common in many draft leagues that a bunch of managers will ally against some other manager(s).

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

The collusion / hustling seems to be the main point. Pretty sure that last year the only way to topple the Salah-owner in many leagues last year (our runaway winner had Salah and Sterling throughout) would have been to indulge in this, with fire sales from some of the out of contention teams.

Seems a legitimate, if cut-throat way to run a cash league. What is the point, though, of the administrator veto option? Seems to give a lot of arbitrary power to one player.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

zipnolan wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 10:12 The collusion / hustling seems to be the main point. Pretty sure that last year the only way to topple the Salah-owner in many leagues last year (our runaway winner had Salah and Sterling throughout) would have been to indulge in this, with fire sales from some of the out of contention teams.
Yeah, but is it consider as a fair practice that out of contention teams ally against the runaway leader? It doesn't sound very legitimate to me, but it's just my opinion.

zipnolan wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 10:12Seems a legitimate, if cut-throat way to run a cash league. What is the point, though, of the administrator veto option? Seems to give a lot of arbitrary power to one player.
I think the administrator veto option is meant to prevent out of contentions teams from trading their Salah and Kane for Fellaini and Gabbiadini just because they don't like a runaway leader. But you are right, it gives a lot of arbitrary power to one manager, and I can imagine it will lead into many conflicts in many draft leagues.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”