To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Waiver -> Free Agent

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Re: Waiver -> Free Agent

Post by zipnolan »

Vsz wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 19:41 Help!

I missed my league's draft as was on holiday (duh!) and didn't even set up a wish list.

I have a team of crocked players. Can I grab some players others haven't picked Friday afternoon this week?!
Yes, but your best bet is to try to put in a few waiver requests in the first instance (on the "Transactions" tab) by end of afternoon Thursday, and hope that no-one else goes for them (they probably won't in the first week, except out of curiosity). Don't drop good crocked / suspended players as you'll probably never get them back. After Thursday evening you can just smash and grab on anybody left who hasn't been selected.

Incidentally we had one guy in our works league who is in the same position as you, and we are agreeing to let him declare his waiver picks this week, and we won't go for any of them. But your league may not be so lenient.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Mav3rick wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 10:20 That's how I read it.

1) I own Kane after the initial draft.
2) I decide to sell him, either on a waiver or using the free agent pool before GW1 deadline.
3) Kane is locked. Nobody can own Kane for GW1.
4) After the deadline passes, Kane can be requested on a waiver by anyone for selection in GW2.
5) Waivers are processed in priority order, not first come first serve.
6) If nobody requests Kane on a waiver, he's a free agent and can be brought in on a first come first serve basis in the free agent window 24 hours before the GW2 deadline.
Well let's try it. Drop kane and we can run through this :lol:

Matty B
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Matty B »

will we be able to see the waivers / free transfers made ?

Colbert
Grumpy Old Panda
FS Record: 5AS H2H Champion 10/11, 12/13; 5AS CL Champion 13/14

Post by Colbert »

Came on to ask that exact question. Surely no reason why it shouldn't be made public knowledge.

A manual and rather ineffective solution is to have a quick scroll down the Transactions tab list of all 480 players and see who is 'locked'. Obviously some are locked because they've been added to the game too late, but the other locked ones will be those who have been released.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Can I swap 2 players for 2 unpicked ones?

Does Admin have to approve it, or does it just happen?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Doesn't sound much clever either to let you see all other drafted teams in full, but not their sealed transactions thereafter... :?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Matty B wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 14:15 can you waiver request the same player out multiple times for different players in on the off chance someone else picks your first choice replacement?

i.e. can you put in a request for

Kane -- Gayle
Kane -- Bony
Kane -- Hernandez

and if someone else picks gayle on a waiver with a higher priority than you you get bony and so on ???

so if say you want to replace a defender you may make 8 potential transfers to ensure getting a replacement you want without waiting for the free transfers?
i have done some waivers like this, but im wary with glitches, what if my first waiver Gayle gets accepted,and my second waiver Bony is not snapped up by another team? -will it take out Gayle to put Bony in :roll:

hope they can handle this waiver/free agent thingy - so far the signs are not good.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Too lazy\busy to look it up, but when does this happen?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 10:27 Too lazy\busy to look it up, but when does this happen?
24h before GW deadline, then you have the 24h window for FA transactions.
It's reminded on the transactions page anyway

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Do I need to know the difference between Waivers and FA's? (I had to think what FA meant :lol: :lol: )

This is all seeming rather complicated :?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

wahine wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 09:41
Matty B wrote: 26 Jul 2017, 14:15 can you waiver request the same player out multiple times for different players in on the off chance someone else picks your first choice replacement?

i.e. can you put in a request for

Kane -- Gayle
Kane -- Bony
Kane -- Hernandez

and if someone else picks gayle on a waiver with a higher priority than you you get bony and so on ???

so if say you want to replace a defender you may make 8 potential transfers to ensure getting a replacement you want without waiting for the free transfers?
i have done some waivers like this, but im wary with glitches, what if my first waiver Gayle gets accepted,and my second waiver Bony is not snapped up by another team? -will it take out Gayle to put Bony in :roll:

hope they can handle this waiver/free agent thingy - so far the signs are not good.
MattyB, I asked the same previously on some topic here, it was tested and confirmed

Wahine, if you get Gayle you release Kane
When it's your turn again, the 2nd request can't be processed because you don't have Kane anymore to release, you already released him with the first request.
It's not Gayle :arrow: Bony, it's Kane :arrow: Bony

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:04 Do I need to know the difference between Waivers and FA's? (I had to think what FA meant :lol: :lol: )

This is all seeming rather complicated :?
You'd be better off knowing it :lol:
We've been debating it here for weeks :P
Waivers requests can be filed the whole week thru, till the Waivers Deadline which is 24h before the GW deadline.
All waiver requests get then processed automatically at the same time.
In Reverse League Order.
So the algorithm takes the first request by the bottom team in the league and grants it. Then that team gets back in queue after all others.
The "2nd from last" team is then examined. If its 1st request is still valid, i.e. if his signee hasn't been snapped by previous team, he gets it. Otherwise the wire skips to his 2nd request.
Then the 3rd from bottom, and so on till the league leader (ignoring of course teams who did not file any request).
Then it's the bottom team turn again with his 2nd request, provided it's still valid, otherwise skipping tiil a valid ond is found.
And so on till there's no more requests in the wire.
At that moment (I figure it's a matter of seconds) Free Agency starts till GW deadline, thus a 24h window.
Free for all, the quickest gets the still interesting remaining players.
With the caveat that the players just released in the Waivers are locked, they can't play this gw, they go into next gw waivers

PS: forgive me whaine if I've skipped all the his/her pronouns :oops:
Last edited by MoSe on 16 Aug 2017, 11:30, edited 3 times in total.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:04 This is all seeming rather complicated :?
Why, not at all!!!
Have you missed TT flowchart in previous page?

viewtopic.php?p=3070421#p3070421

That alone repaid me playing Draft FPL this season :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Blimey, I'll have a look later :?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

It is completely ridiculous that you can't filter out players other people own when looking through the potential transfer list!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Stemania wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 16:39 It is completely ridiculous that you can't filter out players other people own when looking through the potential transfer list!
MoSe wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:38
Matty B wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:27 when searching for players to make transactions it would be great to filter out those already in peoples teams and just see those available
Yeah, we noticed
Someone suggested to put all them available in your WL, there's then a button to filter WL

Colbert
Grumpy Old Panda
FS Record: 5AS H2H Champion 10/11, 12/13; 5AS CL Champion 13/14

Post by Colbert »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:34 Blimey, I'll have a look later :?
It's simpler than what's been described above. Everyone can log their proposed transfers and these get automated 24hrs before the deadline.

Then in the 24hrs up to the deadline it's open season and all available players are up for grabs in real time.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Colbert wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:49
It's simpler than what's been described above. Everyone can log their proposed transfers and these get automated 24hrs before the deadline.

Then in the 24hrs up to the deadline it's open season and all available players are up for grabs in real time.
8-)

So 1 Waiver and open house on Free agents? Or more than 1 Waiver?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:54

8-)

You can make as many waiver requests and free agent transfers as you like.

It's a fairly simple process which is difficult to fully explain. In a couple of GWs we'll probably be wondering what all the fuss was about. :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 17:54

8-)

see Colbert?
You think you kept it simpler, but that's illusory.
You kept it incomplete, thus people don't get how it really works, thus they keep asking more.

Playing it cool "hey look I can explain it simpler" does not a good service, leaving others with a wrong or lacking knowledge.

On the other hand, explaining in a more correct and complete way, doesn't offer the same a good service to those challenged to keep their focus beyond one paragraph

So trying to explain things to others it's a lose-lose situation. Especually considering the things we strive to explain are already described in full at length several times in several places, adding ours explanations just caters to the lazy :P

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So I can list 3 or 4 in Waiver thing, and if any are still there I can go again in the last 24 hours?

Seem simple enough.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

MoSe wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 00:26 Doesn't sound much clever either to let you see all other drafted teams in full, but not their sealed transactions thereafter... :?

I had a bit of a whinge to the fpl about this and they say that they're working on a waiver history page. No timescale or mention of whether it will be a rolling log or just a weekly summary, but at least they are working on improvements to the game. :D

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

with all due respect, to all doubters in general, first RTFM :P
https://draft.premierleague.com/team/transactions
Transactios Page wrote:A waiver request can be made for any unsigned player. Waiver requests are processed 24 hours before each deadline.

Please refer to the rules for more information on waivers.
RULES wrote:Transactions

Typically transactions will be in the form of waiver requests, with free agency only active in the 24 hours before each gameweek deadline for last minute changes.

Waivers

The waivers process ensures that eveyone gets a fair chance to add unselected players to their squad.
When making a waiver request your are proposing to replace a player in your squad with an unselected player from the same position.
Waivers requests are processed 24hours before the gameweek deadline.
Any number of waiver requests can be made, if you make more than one they will need to be prioritised.

The lowest ranked team will get first waiver choice.
Once a waiver request is successful, the team in question will move to the end of the waiver queue for that gameweek.

Free agency

Free agency works like traditional Fantasy Premier League transfers. Any available player can be added to your squad by swapping them for a player from the same position in your squad.

Typical timeline

1. Once the draft is finished all unselected players will be available for selection via waivers.
2. Waivers are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.
3. After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.
4. Once the gameweek deadline passes all players are available on waivers.

Steps 2-4 now repeat.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thanks to all.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Sorry I still had this prepared for you, to post
Hopefully the final compromise :)
blahblah wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 18:08 So I can list 3 or 4 in Waiver thing, and if any are still there I can go again in the last 24 hours?

Seem simple enough.
What do you mean "any are still there"?
"any" requests?
"any" unselected players?

You can list ALL the swap requests you want, as ALL other teams in your league.
All these queued requests get processed at the same time
Automated: 1 request per team at the time, starting with the lowest ranked till the leader, then the lowest again another request and so on.
When the automated process is over, no request is left:
they've all been either granted, or skipped (if others snatched the requested player earlier in the queue)

There will now be A LOT of still unattached players remaining to call, of lower quality/interest: the Free Agents.
ALL teams in the league can now snap them at will, no queue, first come first served, in the 24h remaining to the deadline

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There being in my Squad.

I'm with this now :shock: 8-) :lol:

It's strangely fluid, maybe too much so, but hey ho...

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I'm sure you can work it out.
At worst, with a pencil, as the constipated math teacher did :P

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

MoSe wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 18:50 I'm sure you can work it out.
At worst, with a pencil, as the constipated math teacher did :P
And when that was no good, he used logs...

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 18:09
MoSe wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 00:26 Doesn't sound much clever either to let you see all other drafted teams in full, but not their sealed transactions thereafter... :?

I had a bit of a whinge to the fpl about this and they say that they're working on a waiver history page. No timescale or mention of whether it will be a rolling log or just a weekly summary, but at least they are working on improvements to the game. :D
It's bizarre, they must have been working on this for months, and it seems they didn't have a brainstorming session.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

So waivers have been processed and short of looking through the list of players on the transactions screen and seeing who's locked, there's no indication of who's been switched out and who's signed who.

There's not even a record anywhere for each manager to see which moves he/she has made.

edit: unless i'm missing something?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”