To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Draft money league anyone?

FPL Draft format starting in 2017/18
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

FPL Draft money league anyone?

Post by Tacalabala »

Would anyone be up for a Draft money league? I'm thinking around the 30 quid mark, similar prize structure to the SDT Elite League.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Re: FPL Draft money league anyone?

Post by swadd1er »

I'll be waiting to find more out about the game before I commit to any money leagues :lol:

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Definitely interested in draft money leagues.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Tacalabala wrote:Would anyone be up for a Draft money league? I'm thinking around the 30 quid mark, similar prize structure to the SDT Elite League.
I'd be intrested but I would have to see ( and understand) the rules and possible strategy. I'll let you know when it comes out but definatly intrested

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Yeah I'm in

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Gotta admit it does sound fun. Especially the draft. Highly probable id join this

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Who'd hold the money? You Tac?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

What I had in mind was...

- 32 managers, no more no less
- £32 each
- Two teams each, one in a classic points league (4 leagues of 8) and one in a H2H league (4 leagues of 8)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd combined points score and other spot prizes (Cups, biggest league winning margin?)
- Probably looking at doing the drafts on Community Shield weekend (money to be paid in before then!)
- I don't mind holding the money, but if people don't feel this is appropriate we can have someone else. We should probably put it into premium bonds as well.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Tacalabala wrote:What I had in mind was...

- £32 each
- Two teams each, one in a classic points league (4 leagues of 8) and one in a H2H league (4 leagues of 8)
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd combined points score and other spot prizes (Cups, biggest league winning margin?)
- Probably looking at doing the drafts on Community Shield weekend (money to be paid in before then!)
- I don't mind holding the money, but if people don't feel this is appropriate we can have someone else. We should probably put it into premium bonds as well.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/427772?sf96151543=1

This is a bit of info about the game

I think 8 is a good number per league . Any more it gets a bit unfair if the top 9 10 11 players have gone

Could be hard to get 32 managers though maybe?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Yeah this is my worry, 32 feels like a lot but it's not worth doing unless the prizes are substantial.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Tacalabala wrote:Yeah this is my worry, 32 feels like a lot but it's not worth doing unless the prizes are substantial.

Agree. Hopefully being a new exiting thing may tempt folk. I'd look forward to the draft more than the charity shield to be honest

Also they let you create a watch list so if you missed the draft it would do it automatically

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

May be interested in this but about to go on holiday so would only be good for me if the draft is in August tbh...?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I don't know why you need so many entrants?

8 entrants at £30-£50, winner takes all, job done.

I would be interested in something like that.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I'd be interested for sure.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

Post by Cars and Mané »

I'd be interested

ctibbits
Dumbledore
FS Record: Won "The Bet" 2014/15

Post by ctibbits »

Completely interested but the drafting will be an issue I think. Will take hours. For NFL and MLB Baseball I've done live drafts and it's an all day affair when you are in person face to face. Seems as if attempting it online would take even longer. If we can sort out the manner of the draft I'm in for sure.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

From memory, the Fantrax draft we ran took about 90 minutes. Some of those involved were present and some used the player ranking feature.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

ctibbits wrote:Completely interested but the drafting will be an issue I think. Will take hours. For NFL and MLB Baseball I've done live drafts and it's an all day affair when you are in person face to face. Seems as if attempting it online would take even longer. If we can sort out the manner of the draft I'm in for sure.
I'm sure most would set up their watchlist beforehand so it gives you time to think about your player prioritization so the automation would speed this up .

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Tacalabala wrote:Would anyone be up for a Draft money league? I'm thinking around the 30 quid mark, similar prize structure to the SDT Elite League.
If its any where near 50% as good as SDT elite league then its well worth playing. If your going for 30 a head, then thats potential £3000 in prize money (not including sponsorship) based on 100 players, which is easily achievable in fpl popularity terms :D

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

ctibbits wrote:Completely interested but the drafting will be an issue I think. Will take hours. For NFL and MLB Baseball I've done live drafts and it's an all day affair when you are in person face to face. Seems as if attempting it online would take even longer. If we can sort out the manner of the draft I'm in for sure.
For a 16 team league, I ran last year it took 75 minutes. In Draft Fantasy, you can set how long someone has to pick. The options were 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 90 seconds and 120 seconds. I assume FPL will have a similar feature in place. That 75-minute draft involved at least three managers who were absent from the draft and hadn't set up an auto pick and so took the max time on each pick.

wiseowl65
FISOhead

Post by wiseowl65 »

DAREEL wrote:
I'd be intrested but I would have to see ( and understand) the rules and possible strategy. I'll let you know when it comes out but definatly intrested
This, sounds good but could be time consuming for me given i play several other game formats, will have a look when its released.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I think the best thing at this stage is to see what people think when it's up and running.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I'd be interested.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

bspittles wrote:From memory, the Fantrax draft we ran took about 90 minutes. Some of those involved were present and some used the player ranking feature.
I checked in the topic, as I recalled, Sport Billy graciously conceded to raise the pick time from 60 to 90 seconds, to cater for my own then technological impairedness :o

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

half a minute per pick is a good estimate for online snake drafts if all participants do their homework.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Yup interested!

Zuluwarrior
FISOhead

Post by Zuluwarrior »

Yep interested!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Tacalabala wrote:What I had in mind was...

- £32 each
I don't think it's fair to compare points totals between two different draft leagues. One might be really weak, with managers who have given up, another might be very competitive. Also, have you heard that there will be both classic and H2H league formats?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Yeah, I mean there's no reason why you couldn't have one of each. I think you need a combined score of 2 teams because of that risk actually.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Potentially interested in a cash game though already do another draft league so not totally sure I want 3 or even 4 teams to manage. Will see what it looks like after the new game goes live next week.

For me, another whole draft process and year of team management for a h2h to run in parallel seems unnecessary and I'm not sure how you would collate the two sets of scores, if indeed draft h2h is possible, let alone actually of interest to the players involved. But up to you guys of course.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Draft”