To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

A forum for fans of Fantasy Snooker
Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Re: 2010 Fantasy World Snooker Competition

Post by Jules »

ShadyOne wrote:So does that mean I'm through to the final then as Jules has the same 3 players I have, except my bonus player Murphy is already on positive points?! Good game Jules. 8-)
Looks like it :-(

Anyone doing well in the snooker betting? I only gamble with small change (I stuck £20 into Ladbrokes at the start of the football season and it has lasted this long... just!) so at the start of the world championships I had £2.31 and now I have £4.52. It may not seem a lot but I've almost doubled my money without really having to make any big gambles. I've even found that where the favourite loses the first frame (or two frames), his odds go back to evens or above, which means that you could put the same money on both players and it wouldn't matter who won as you'd have got better than evens on both outcomes.

The swing of the odds in the final frames of Allen vs Dott was amazing. I could have had 11/4 on Allen when he was 10-8 down but decided it wasn't good enough odds, then 6/1 on Dott when Allen went 12-10 up, but I resisted as I fancied Allen to win, yet had I put a quid on at the right times I wouldn't have cared much about who won as I'd be making a profit either way (though would have won more with Dott winning).

Does anyone else find betting on snooker far more appealing than betting on other sports?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

What are the odds on a Davis comeback? :lol:

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

chucked a couple of quid on robertson :D and ding :( to win the whole thing before the tournament, but don't do the whole "betting during a match as the odds rise and fall" thing. which is a shame as it looks like it might be fairly profitable! :)

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

murf wrote:What are the odds on a Davis comeback? :lol:
Betting suspended :lol:

I did do a bit of a spread on the frame score, getting 5/1 or better on 13-5, 13-6 or 13-7, so I'm happy with that :-)

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

You can get 4/1 on Selby at the moment, which considering they have plenty of snooker left to play in frame 11 of a possible 25, I'd say that's not bad!

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

11-11 and 10-10. Tight as a gnat's chuff :shock:

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Jules wrote:You can get 4/1 on Selby at the moment, which considering they have plenty of snooker left to play in frame 11 of a possible 25, I'd say that's not bad!
Should have taken my own advice! Though I did back him at 5/2 :)

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

At the end of the quarter-finals, it looks like it's bluenoseyparker's to lose.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

in terms of our comp i can't see how bluenosey can lose since he has the same team left as his nearest rivals!

i really should give up on the prediction thing - i'm obviously no good at it! :lol: but selby surely will have too much for dott. robertson v carter looks a toss-up....

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Semi Final Results :-

Bluenoseyparker (9) 56 v 21 Spencer4 (6)
Jules (-) 47 v 58 Shadyone (-)

Final

Bluenoseyparker (9) v Shadyone (-)

Scores count from the semi's and final.

Alas, there is a problem. Both myself and Shadyone have the same two players left - Robertson & Selby - so it's gonna be a draw :roll: . I had not allowed for this anomaly and so the final will go to a respotted black, namely, who will win the final and what will the score be ?

Shadyone - please make you prediction after the semi-finals have finished and both finalists have been confirmed. I will also make mine.

First countback - predicting the winner
Second countback - nearest to the score

Good luck, Shadyone.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Semi Final Results :-

Bluenoseyparker (9) 56 v 21 Spencer4 (6)
Jules (-) 47 v 58 Shadyone (-)

Final

Bluenoseyparker (9) v Shadyone (-)

Scores count from the semi's and final.

Alas, there is a problem. Both myself and Shadyone have the same two players left - Robertson & Selby - so it's gonna be a draw :roll: . I had not allowed for this anomaly and so the final will go to a respotted black, namely, who will win the final and what will the score be ?

Shadyone - please make you prediction after the semi-finals have finished and both finalists have been confirmed. I will also make mine.

Good luck, Shadyone.

Feel free to pm me the predictions for blahblah......

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

bluenoseyparker wrote: Bluenoseyparker (9) v Shadyone (-)

who will win the final and what will the score be ?

Good luck, Shadyone.
to ensure fairness you both should have have to predict "blind" and have no knowledge of the other persons guess ie predictions should be pm'ed to a third party.

i won't be around at weekend otherwise i would have offered - hopefully you can get someone else to do the honours...

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

workie-ticket wrote:

Good luck, Shadyone.
to ensure fairness you both should have have to predict "blind" and have no knowledge of the other persons guess ie predictions should be pm'ed to a third party.

i won't be around at weekend otherwise i would have offered - hopefully you can get someone else to do the honours...
Agree - I'll PM mine to Blahblah, if that's OK ? Ta :D

ShadyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: DLA D-Cup runner up 2008-09, FISO25 cup winner 2009-10

Post by ShadyOne »

bluenoseyparker wrote:
workie-ticket wrote:

Good luck, Shadyone.

Agree - I'll PM mine to Blahblah, if that's OK ? Ta :D
I'll pm them to Blahblah as well then and he can post them up after the final starts.

Only problem is I'm not going to be around much this weekend, so may have to take a flyer on Saturday!!

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

BBC must be gutted when Ronnie goes out early. I'd imagine a Dott-Robertson final would be a ratings disaster...though none of the potential match-ups is that high on household names/charisma.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

robertson v selby (if they make it) would probably actually be a good match-up for the final, but as you say it just will not make for good ratings.

the bbc would be better off showing a few exhibition frames between steve davis and dennis taylor instead! :)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

As soon as Ronnie lost my interest in the tournament became purely about whether my pick Ali Carter did OK. So that will be zero interest soon.

Snooker needs an image boost desperately.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

murf wrote:As soon as Ronnie lost my interest in the tournament became purely about whether my pick Ali Carter did OK. So that will be zero interest soon.

Ronnie used to be worth bothering about in tournaments but now I'm happy when he loses so I don't have to put up with his whining after every game.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Surprised wrote:
murf wrote:As soon as Ronnie lost my interest in the tournament became purely about whether my pick Ali Carter did OK. So that will be zero interest soon.

Ronnie used to be worth bothering about in tournaments but now I'm happy when he loses so I don't have to put up with his whining after every game.
I don't particularly like him but his snooker has verve and he at least has a character. Things are bad when Steve Davis' nickname is no longer ironic....

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Robertson is a great potter but I don't mind Carter. Selby has got a very easy going nature about him - I wish he was playing Mark Allen though :(

Ronnie, for all his verve, just wasn't arsed in the QFs. He only needed one snooker at 12-11 but chose to give up :|

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

bluenoseyparker wrote:Robertson is a great potter but I don't mind Carter. Selby has got a very easy going nature about him - I wish he was playing Mark Allen though :(

Ronnie, for all his verve, just wasn't arsed in the QFs. He only needed one snooker at 12-11 but chose to give up :|
exactly - if ronnie doesn' t care if he gets through or not, why should we? :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

workie-ticket wrote:
bluenoseyparker wrote:Robertson is a great potter but I don't mind Carter. Selby has got a very easy going nature about him - I wish he was playing Mark Allen though :(

exactly - if ronnie doesn' t care if he gets through or not, why should we? :?

Could have been a Murphy/Dott Final :roll:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote:
Surprised wrote:

I don't particularly like him but his snooker has verve and he at least has a character. Things are bad when Steve Davis' nickname is no longer ironic....
Well, that's because snooker became a serious sport and Davis's dominance (and Hendry later) made players realise that being an entertainer means you're generally not a winner. You have to be 110% focused or you won't get the big prizes. Now Davis isn't expected to win and he can just take part for the fun of it he can show some personality which he didn't when he was the top player.

The game has moved on massively in terms of quality, it will never have the profile of the 80s again (and neither will darts, no matter what Sky would have you believe - most people without Sky Sports wouldn't recognise Phil Taylor if he passed them in the street) but still gets decent audiences and it just needs better marketing in terms of getting sponsors etc.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

That was bizarre a few minutes ago, nothing potted and every ball except two reds and the black in the baulk half of the table - the players decided on a re-rack, even though a frame-winning chance would have been there for whoever got in first, obviously decided they couldn't be arsed to try and clear up from such an unorthodox position!

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Mid-session update.

Bluenoseyparker is still winning, but the guy in 3rd is just 13 points behind, with having put Robertson's win in. The other guy has Dott & bnp has Selby, and they both have Robertson. If Dott can hang on and get into the final, it looks like bnp will finish second.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Shaggy365 wrote:Mid-session update.

Bluenoseyparker is still winning, but the guy in 3rd is just 13 points behind, with having put Robertson's win in. The other guy has Dott & bnp has Selby, and they both have Robertson. If Dott can hang on and get into the final, it looks like bnp will finish second.
:cry:

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Here we go into the final.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

So saintmark is the only one who can rise up the Fiso leaderboard. Can't see him gaining many places though...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Shady:
Dott to win
18-15

bnp:
Robertson 18 - Dott 12

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »